Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Is Hazard a doubt for the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Is Hazard a doubt for the weekend?

He should start but he might only play 60-70 mins or so.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

On a train to Kerry - just noticed Barkley out. Coutinho in now with one of my defenders taking a 0.5 hit...

20 mins to go best of luck folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Eriksen or Fabregas\other 9m mid???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Are people that have Sigurdsson playing him? I could play van Aanholt instead but tempted to stick with Siggy against United's defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Paully D wrote: »
    That's me out, probably until the after the deadline so good luck to everyone ahead of the new season. :)

I'll Hazard a guess that you may regret this post...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Dades wrote: »
    On a train to Kerry - just noticed Barkley out. Coutinho in now with one of my defenders taking a 0.5 hit...

20 mins to go best of luck folks!

At this stage all we can do is put all our faith in the almighty lord, our lady, padre pio etc.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Guys quick question - I'm supposed to be joining a league but I haven't been sent a code yet. If I join next week, do I start on 0 or will I start with whatever points I get this weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Best of luck everyone

• Advertisement

Should we set up individual threads for each of the FSA H2H leagues or leave all the chat and sledging in one thread. We'll know our first opponents soon enough and a good start is vital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Guys quick question - I'm supposed to be joining a league but I haven't been sent a code yet. If I join next week, do I start on 0 or will I start with whatever points I get this weekend?

AFAIK you'll have all your points

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Should we set up individual threads for each of the FSA H2H leagues or leave all the chat and sledging in one thread. We'll know our first opponents soon enough and a good start is vital.

Will we only now their name and not their username. Their is a premier league FSA thread set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

roryc wrote: »
    I'll Hazard a guess that you may regret this post...

I got back on in time to see the Hazard news, though the article cited doesn't actually match-up with the "HAZARD IS DEFINITELY OUT OF FOR THE FIRST WEEK" message some were portraying. :pac:

I've stuck with him now anyway but I am worried about his playing time. That said, Ramires being suspended makes me think that Chelsea will use Fabregas in the double pivot from the off, and I'd take 65-70 minutes of Hazard in his usual role over 90 of Fabregas in the 2 man central midfield.

It's pure guesswork at this stage of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Paully D wrote: »
    I got back on in time to see the Hazard news, though the article cited doesn't actually match-up with the "HAZARD IS DEFINITELY OUT OF FOR THE FIRST WEEK" message some were portraying. :pac:

I've stuck with him now anyway but I am worried about his playing time. That said, Ramires being suspended makes me think that Chelsea will use Fabregas in the double pivot from the off, and I'd take 65-70 minutes of Hazard in his usual role over 90 of Fabregas in the 2 man central midfield.

It's pure guesswork at this stage of course.

I think Fab will only ever play about 60-70 minutes in the pivot in any game. Like Yaya, he will then push up for the last 20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Stoke just signed Victor Moses on a season-long loan.

Impacts Arnie/Ireland/Bojan

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

sigursson on the bench. shoot me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    sigursson on the bench. shoot me

Here, climb on to my boat and keep me warm. Gutted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Here, climb on to my boat and keep me warm. Gutted.

There's a silver lining - at least ye had him so don't need a transfer to bring him in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

The amount of threads in this place has gone bananas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

By the way. Anyone using Differential FPL on Android have trouble with it today after the GW deadline? Keeps crashing on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

FHFC wrote: »
    By the way. Anyone using Differential FPL on Android have trouble with it today after the GW deadline? Keeps crashing on me.

There was an update released a few hours ago that seems to have fixed some of the problems

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

zarquon wrote: »
    There was an update released a few hours ago that seems to have fixed some of the problems

Can't sign in - "FPL is updating".

Sorted. Fair play to him for getting it fixed so quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

yes! ive not been impressed with it at all to be honest .
    can't make multiple changes at once.
    a lot of times it has also told me I'm over budget after making a few transfers. had to reset the transfers and log back out and in again .
    also at times the filter started setting itself at weird amounts like 4.2 and 4.7
    and then today it was unusable

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    a lot of times it has also told me I'm over budget after making a few transfers. had to reset the transfers and log back out and in again .
    also at times the filter started setting itself at weird amounts like 4.2 and 4.7

I never use it for tinkering with the team, it's not really set up for that. If you transfer someone out who you have gained value on, even without confirming it still amends your bank for any transfer losses. If I want to tinker with the tea I use the site.

It really comes into it's own on matchdays (which obviously didn't happen today) with alerts for any scores for your team etc. it's great for keeping an eye on rivals too, one swipe and you can see their selections and points, and from next week as soon as the update is done it will tell you in the news ticker what transfers any people you have checked as rivals made.

You can forgive an app which feeds from an unconnected website for having glitches the first day of a new season. Never crashed once on meet last year but didn't have it from the start.

Oh, and I think the filter automatically goes to whatever figure you have available to spend.

Oh, and it also gives you a news feed in the ticker every morning of the price changes of everyone on your watchlist overnight, as well as any injuries, fixture changes, players added etc as they occur.

The news ticker is pretty great really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I notice Chelsea's 5 highest profile defenders are on pretty high ownership %... Who is most likely to miss out???

I have a bad feeling it's who I have... Luis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Lads can anyone recommend the best iphone app?

23 points with Luiz and Hazard (C) to play. Horrible start and Sigurdsson to come in. Cameron and Davies didn't play this week, so I'll use my FT to swap Cameron for Vlaar or another 4.5m. I also need to drop Jovetic to either the bench and FT next week, or do it this week,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

You have Luiz playing tonight? That'll be interesting

You have Luiz playing tonight? That'll be interesting

No risk, no reward! :cool::pac::(:(:(:(:(

23 points with Luiz and Hazard (C) to play. Horrible start and Sigurdsson to come in. Cameron and Davies didn't play this week, so I'll use my FT to swap Cameron for Vlaar or another 4.5m. I also need to drop Jovetic to either the bench and FT next week, or do it this week,

When you say Siggy to come in do you mean he will be coming in? Still not good but it's not quite the disaster it could be if Hazard doesn't come to your rescue.

When you say Siggy to come in do you mean he will be coming in? Still not good but it's not quite the disaster it could be if Hazard doesn't come to your rescue.

Two of my back four did not play, one will be replaced with my first sub (Siggy) and the second with my 3rd option who is also a defender. The game will auto-update my team to remove players who did not play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭G1032

km79 wrote: »

Best thing is to email him. If he's not aware of these issues then how can he fix them?? It's a good app but like any niche app the developer would appreciate any information on bugs you might find. It's not Chrome browser for example where half the world will be letting Google know about all sorts of bugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

So GW1 over, what are people's early general thoughts?

I went for a 3-4-3 this week but I 3-5-2 was a real consideration. With the summer signings it really looked to me that there'll be plenty of high scoring midfielders this year ( thankfully... As it should make it harder to pick a team this year) and my gut was saying 3-5-2.

I'll be 3-4-3 again this week but I think
    I may start to make a few moves towards a change of formation over the coming weeks.

I'm not going to give up on United just yet as I think the lack of European football will be great for them in general and us in terms of (the lack of) selection headaches. If things don't improve I may switch down to 1 attacker from them... And that may be just Mata when RVP comes back. Anyone got views on that?
    The thinking being that 1. He's cheaper. 2. Goals will be divided by the top two. 3. He should still be assisting them and assist chances go up IMO with the return of RVP

I think I need to go to 2 City attackers. There wasn't much love for them here but I think they're almost fixture proof as a team. Only having one concerns me... A lot :)

Too early yet for solid plans but just early thoughts.

No risk, no reward! :cool::pac::(:(:(:(:(

No reward it is! :pac::pac:

PARlance wrote: »
    So GW1 over, what are people's early general thoughts?

I went for a 3-4-3 this week but I 3-5-2 was a real consideration. With the summer signings it really looked to me that there'll be plenty of high scoring midfielders this year ( thankfully... As it should make it harder to pick a team this year) and my gut was saying 3-5-2.

I'll be 3-4-3 again this week but I think
    I may start to make a few moves towards a change of formation over the coming weeks.

I'm not going to give up on United just yet as I think the lack of European football will be great for them in general and us in terms of (the lack of) selection headaches. If things don't improve I may switch down to 1 attacker from them... And that may be just Mata when RVP comes back. Anyone got views on that?
    The thinking being that 1. He's cheaper. 2. Goals will be divided by the top two. 3. He should still be assisting them and assist chances go up IMO with the return of RVP

I think I need to go to 2 City attackers. There wasn't much love for them here but I think they're almost fixture proof as a team. Only having one concerns me... A lot :)

Too early yet for solid plans but just early thoughts.

I'll be going 3 4 3 with 3 attackers from rooney sturridge costa aguero. Cheap defence and goalie. 2 big hitters in midfield and siggy and one mid range mid. Champions league draw will frame some of my thinking re city in particular. On utd I think there was a big over reaction to their pre season form which resulted in lots of people going with 3 of their players the opposite is now happening with people looking to offload mata after 1 poor game. Depends how the rest of the transfer window goes for Utd but as things stand I couldn't see myself having 2 of their attackers when the fixtures get a bit harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

What the heck is going on with this entire Forum?!

Everyone is acting like it's a fire-sale! Sure United were poor, doesn't mean you sell Mata - I have Ashley Young and i'll be keeping him for 2/3 weeks; they have decent fixtures.

As for Siggy, it's great to get on a bandwagon early, but people taking point hits by making 2/3 transfers to accommodate him is insane. Swansea play Burnley this weekend - let's see how he gets on.

Everyone keep calm, unless, like me, you elected to go with Hazard over Cesc :P

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    What the heck is going on with this entire Forum?!

Everyone is acting like it's a fire-sale! Sure United were poor, doesn't mean you sell Mata - I have Ashley Young and i'll be keeping him for 2/3 weeks; they have decent fixtures.

As for Siggy, it's great to get on a bandwagon early, but people taking point hits by making 2/3 transfers to accommodate him is insane. Swansea play Burnley this weekend - let's see how he gets on.

Everyone keep calm, unless, like me, you elected to go with Hazard over Cesc :P

Mata is worth keeping for another week at least. There is always a lot of knee-jerking early in the season. The good FPL players won't panic and throw their plans out the window though. Sig should have been in everyone's team from the start though. Liverpool have tough fixtures ahead so sterling will not be getting 13 points every week and hazard is still a good player. It will take at least 3 weeks to ascertain who the long term team stayers should be.

Too many casuals playing this game that just transfer in the big scoring players from last week regardless of fixtures. Look at chester! His score was anomalyous but he is being bought in droves even though he probably won't score another goal all season and won't keep many clean sheets.

• Advertisement

Mata is worth keeping for another week at least. There is always a lot of knee-jerking early in the season. The good FPL players won't panic and throw their plans out the window though. Sig should have been in everyone's team from the start though. Liverpool have tough fixtures ahead so sterling would be getting 13 points every week and hazard is still a good player. It will take at least 3 weeks to ascertain who the long term team stayers should be.

Too many casuals playing this game that just transfer in the big scoring players from last week regardless of fixtures. Look at chester!!

Chances are mata and hazard will be the high scoring mids this week and the masses will transfer them out.

PARlance wrote: »
    And that may be just Mata when RVP comes back. Anyone got views on that?

Despite the urges to sell Mata this week I agree. I'm thinking more about Rooney to Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

what are peopled thoughts on jovetic to bony ?
    they both have 2 home games in a row.
    I also have siggy and I have no other city player.....

Chances are mata and hazard will be the high scoring mids this week and the masses will transfer them out.

Mata is worth keeping one more week. Sterling is playing Man City for goodness sake! Hazard could score big but equally so could fabregas.

Sadly there is only room for 3 Chelsea players in my team and that means Costa, Terry and 1 midfielder which for now is fabregas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Despite the urges to sell Mata this week I agree. I'm thinking more about Rooney to Aguero.

I wouldn't be touching him until GW6. If he gets through the international break uninjured, he has Arsenal and Chelsea then. Of course if he scores again against Pool, the masses will start transferring him in and price may become an issue. But I won't be ripping my team apart for him until he has played minimum 4/5 full games without breaking down.

Mata is worth keeping one more week. Sterling is playing Man City for goodness sake! Hazard could score big but equally so could fabregas.

Sadly there is only room for 3 Chelsea players in my team and that means Costa, Terry and 1 midfielder which for now is fabregas.

I'll give mata till the window closes and see what shape utd are in.

I wouldn't be touching him until GW6. If he gets through the international break uninjured, he has Arsenal and Chelsea then. Of course if he scores again against Pool, the masses will start transferring him in and price may become an issue. But I won't be ripping my team apart for him until he has played minimum 4/5 full games without breaking down.

Price I would expect will be the issue. Low ownership starting off he could rocket. Would hope to leave it till after the international break at least.

He amd City look fixture proof so far. Liverpool game will be interesting. Hoping Aguero does nothing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Lots of knee jerk reactions alright. One week does not make player good or bad (see Chester, above)I had Rooney, Cesc and Ramsey score for me this week, while Nasri, Eriksen and Giroud didn't. Just as much chance that the other three will score next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I don't mind people taking point hits or wildcarding early.

Especially when it is done against all the good advice offered on the forum.

Selling Mata is the one I can't understand, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

wonski wrote: »
    I don't mind people taking point hits or wildcarding early.

Especially when it is done against all the good advice offered on the forum.

Selling Mata is the one I can't understand, though.

I shifted Mata this week for Fabregas. My motive was more to do with Fab's potetial in the next game rather than the disappoint of Mata's previous. I'll more than likely bring Mata back at a later point, hopefully for less than 9.0.

Advertisement