Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Degag wrote: »
    Do you mean being sold to Blackburn?

Dummett an option.

Yep, looks like he's part of a deal to bring in Jordan Rhodes from Blackburn.

Have already swapped him out for Hutton this evening as knowing me I'd remember to check team at about 11:45 tomorrow and be like the Divil for the rest of the day when I saw I'd made a pig's ear of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Looks like Bruce is being shipped out (or is already gone but FPL site not updated yet) to Blackburn, any suggestions on picking up a replacement £4m defender? I already have Wisdom so was thinking maybe Hutton?

All hearsay. They haven't signed Rhodes, and even if they do, i'd be surprised if Bruce went the other way as part of the deal, given Hull are now playing a system with 3 centre backs. Have a funny feeling they'll get Welbeck and not Rhodes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

manual_man wrote: »
    All hearsay. They haven't signed Rhodes, and even if they do, i'd be surprised if Bruce went the other way as part of the deal, given Hull are now playing a system with 3 centre backs. Have a funny feeling they'll get Welbeck and not Rhodes!

I wouldn't be overly surprised if they did get Welbeck but seemingly (as in, according to the papers) United don't want to sell him to anyone in the top 6 and he doesn't want to sign for any British clubs outside the top 6.

Both moves may well be just conjecture but I didn't want to take a chance and wake up late tomorrow and see that Bruce had a red X beside his name so swapped him out for Hutton this evening.

Will see how that plays out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭bo-sco

Both moves may well be just conjecture but I didn't want to take a chance and wake up late tomorrow and see that Bruce had a red X beside his name so swapped him out for Hutton this evening.

How do you mean a red X?

If you left him in your team and he didn't play at all then a sub would just come in for him anyway.

If you mean more long term then he's not going to just get kicked out of the game. You could still sell him after he's transferred, albeit his value would probably drop quite sharply during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭iba

So who should be Captain this week:

Rooney away to Sunderland

Costa a home to Leicester

Fabregas at home to Leicester

Siggursdon at home to Burnley

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

iba wrote: »

Thanks

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057272805/8/#post91865912

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iba wrote: »

Thanks

anytime goalscorer odds
    costa 4/9
    rooney evs
    fab 5/4
    siggy 23/10
    Obviously this doesnt take into account assists and the clean sheet bonus fab or siggy could get. For me its costa without question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭iba

anytime goalscorer odds
    costa 4/9
    rooney evs
    fab 5/4
    siggy 23/10
    Obviously this doesnt take into account assists and the clean sheet bonus fab or siggy could get. For me its costa without question.

Yeah, gone for Costa too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

De Gea or Howard in goal? Neither have a particularly good shot at a clean sheet this week but which has the better chance?

De Gea or Howard in goal? Neither have a particularly good shot at a clean sheet this week but which has the better chance?

De Gea IMO.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be overly surprised if they did get Welbeck but seemingly (as in, according to the papers) United don't want to sell him to anyone in the top 6 and he doesn't want to sign for any British clubs outside the top 6.

Will see how that plays out.

Blackburn statement released stating they have rejected both bids.

Given the revenue from transfers in recent seasons, I don't think they need to sell.

Rhodes may also be the difference in promotion or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

anytime goalscorer odds
    costa 4/9
    rooney evs
    fab 5/4
    siggy 23/10

Dunno where you got those odds, whnereever it is shop around next time :D

Costa best priced 4/5, Rooney 11/8 and Fab 5/2

Backing Costa to score at 4/9 is a pretty horrible bet

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Dunno where you got those odds, whnereever it is shop around next time :D

Costa best priced 4/5, Rooney 11/8 and Fab 5/2

Backing Costa to score at 4/9 is a pretty horrible bet

I got them off a paddy power coupon. I rarely bet myself just find odds useful for some FF decisions. Even with those other odds you quoted it still seems that Costa is the most likely scorer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

What games are being shown live today, is tahe Che/Lei game televised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Invincible wrote: »

Che-Lei is at 3pm so I doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

wonski wrote: »
    Che-Lei is at 3pm so I doubt it.

Yep its on Setanta`1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Villa/Newcastle on BT. Arsenal/Everton is on Sky. Dunno after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

http://www.livesoccertv.com/ has all the global broadcast schedules for each game. That game is on setanta 1 but plenty of other options to if you wish to trawl the interwebz ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

anyone know how Mirallas managed to score -4 in the bonus point system. He wasn't that bad surely, even though I only saw the second half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

How much will Di Maria come in at? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

frimpong wrote: »
    How much will Di Maria come in at? :D

9 is my guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

8-10 wrote: »
    9 is my guess

I'd guess at 10, the same as what Ozil came in it last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Paully D wrote: »
    I'd guess at 10, the same as what Ozil came in it last year.

If it's 9.5 we both win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

ec191501b7f8dd758724669546e50f79.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Having a poor start ,siggy on bench first week ,Luis not starting etc 'just checked and if I had 8 more points I would be 350 000 places higher,makes me think again about point hits to gain value and whether they are worth it long run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

sword1 wrote: »
    Having a poor start ,siggy on bench first week ,Luis not starting etc 'just checked and if I had 8 more points I would be 350 000 places higher,makes me think again about point hits to gain value and whether they are worth it long run

You shouldn't be worried about your ranking after 2 weeks. Take a point hit if you think it will improve your team in the long run and forget about the current rankings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'd say di Maria will be no cheaper than Sanchez -- 10.5 or higher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Dearg81 wrote: »
    You shouldn't be worried about your ranking after 2 weeks. Take a point hit if you think it will improve your team in the long run and forget about the current rankings.

Exactly. Half of the current teams will be inactive by Christmas.

I'm happy to take a few early points hits to maintain value and keep my overall team in shape. Especially if it allows me to preserve my wildcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I'd say di Maria will be no cheaper than Sanchez -- 10.5 or higher

Have 2.0 in the bank at the moment so pending todays performance, Mata> Di Maria

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Despite the midfiled options, the lack of cheap strikers means I'm considering Sturridge Costa and Aguero in the long run. Currently only have costa of those 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Have terry lovern and debuchy in defense and 1 mil in the bank. I'm thinking of switching one of them......

Which and for who?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have terry lovern and debuchy in defense and 1 mil in the bank. I'm thinking of switching one of them......

Which and for who?

Terry to Ivanovich?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

F1ngers wrote: »
    Terry to Ivanovich?

Was thinking terry be safer option long term then other two I have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Is there a website or app where I can enter the code names/numbers of my leagues, then during game play I can type the name say Juan Mata and it'll tell me that A and B have him in their team, D has him captain, and X has him as sub?

Food for thought for any Mata doubters in here:

https://twitter.com/UtdReport/status/503661078723969025

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Has anyone figured out the strikers yet? Who you want ideally?

I've Rooney, Dzeko & Costa.

I've doubts over all

Rooney - have Mata, after watching yesterday not comfortable having both. So would like Sterling or Sturridge for GW4. RVP also likely to nick points. Rubbish yesterday.

Costa - One goal a game man against poor opposition isn't inspiring, Chelsea shut up shop early so if he doesn't get a goal early he mighnt get one at all, subbed early also. Tough fixtures coming up.

Dzeko - Rotation & Aguero robbing points.

I always thought i'd want sturridge over one of Rooney or Costa but Sterling seems like a cheaper way in. The Mario signing has put me right off also (greedy - 1 assist at city, wasteful fecker).

Aguero - need to see him play 2 games in a row sans injury and only amazing fixture is GW3 which he might not start.

What are people thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

kennyb3 wrote: »

I've doubts over all

Rooney - have Mata, after watching yesterday not comfortable having both. So would like Sterling or Sturridge for GW4. RVP also likely to nick points. Rubbish yesterday.

Costa - One goal a game man against poor opposition isn't inspiring, Chelsea shut up shop early so if he doesn't get a goal early he mighnt get one at all, subbed early also. Tough fixtures coming up.

I always thought i'd want sturridge over one of Rooney or Costa but Sterling seems like a cheaper way in. The Mario signing has put me right off also (greedy - 1 assist at city, wasteful fecker).

Aguero - need to see him play 2 games in a row sans injury and only amazing fixture is GW3 which he might not start.

To be honest, I have no idea! I think it will take a few weeks for things to settle down. I currently have Rooney, Bojan and Giroud (not inspiring at all). But my problem is I'm not sure who to go for. I think my plan for the next couple of weeks will be to downgrade other players than aren't performing so I can bank some money. And then in a few weeks time I'll look at which strikers are doing well. From memory, City's fixture improve a good bit from GW6 on, so Aguero might be worth going for then.

Ade and then 2 from sturridge, costa, aguero.
    I think Ill go mata over rooney as my utd coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I've doubts over all

My thinking is 3-5-2.... Very similar thoughts on all the above and I've seen far more options in midfield.
    I'm not put off by Costa's "poor" :) return of 1 goal per game though. He's my number 1 as it stands. I think he'll get better and he has plenty of creativity behind and very little competition up front.

Who gets the spot beside him is my big Question.
    At present, I'm edging towards Aguero, but he's hanging onto that by a hamstring.

My next question is narrowing it down to the best 5 in midfield. Loads of options there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I've doubts over all

Sitting here pondering over this myself! Going to do my best to hold off on the wildcard until next week when i can hopefully get a few quid out of price rises but i think im going to go with 2 up top.

Most likely Costa & Aguero if he can stay free from injury. It will all depend on tonights and next weeks games i guess. Going to go with 5 in midfield bringing Mata in for James(£4.5mil Leicester) and will still give me UTD cover seeing as i'll be shipping Rooney out for Aguero.

Means my defence will take a bit of a beating but i'll still have Courtois in goal and then a mix-match of budget defenders: Coloccini, Van Aanholt, Taylor, Wisdom and looking at McShane from Hull as another £4mil option (is he going to be a regular starter does anyone know?)

team will then look like:

Courtois

Coloccin--Van Aanholt---Taylor----

Ramsey--Fabregas--Sterling--Sigurdsson--Mata

Costa
    Aguero

Subs: Gilks(GK), Wisdom, McShane, Zamora

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Aguero is a big risk atm, I expect him to start this game on bench.

I am not going near him until he plays 2 games in a row (at least 60 minutes each).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

wonski wrote: »
    Aguero is a big risk atm, I expect him to start this game on bench.

I am not going near him until he plays 2 games in a row (at least 60 minutes each).

This + 100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Sitting here pondering over this myself! Going to do my best to hold off on the wildcard until next week when i can hopefully get a few quid out of price rises but i think im going to go with 2 up top.

Most likely Costa & Aguero if he can stay free from injury. It will all depend on tonights and next weeks games i guess. Going to go with 5 in midfield bringing Mata in for James(£4.5mil Leicester) and will still give me UTD cover seeing as i'll be shipping Rooney out for Aguero.

Means my defence will take a bit of a beating but i'll still have Courtois in goal and then a mix-match of budget defenders: Coloccini, Van Aanholt, Taylor, Wisdom and looking at McShane from Hull as another £4mil option (is he going to be a regular starter does anyone know?)

team will then look like:

Courtois

Coloccin--Van Aanholt---Taylor----

Ramsey--Fabregas--Sterling--Sigurdsson--Mata

Costa
    Aguero

Subs: Gilks(GK), Wisdom, McShane, Zamora

Was thinking similar but with Lamela in Mid for Sterling, Naismith as 3rd forward for 2 nice fixtures, and Sturridge instead of Aguero until fixtures turn. Though Aguero can score against anyone.

or as Iused2likebusts points out - switching Dzeko to Ade post pool match if he is still performing and downgrading Jones to 4.5 and getting Rooney up to Sturridge. That leaves no City cover though.

Really can't decide but I think a lot for me will depend on Dzeko - if he continues to play and can score, I'll prob play 3 up top and Aguero will be less essential. Means I'm spending 11.5m on Sturridge though when Sterling is 8.6m.

Prefer Mata to Rooney though as United cover as he ll surely be involved in most goals (i.e cover RVP bit more).

It's a head wreck but glad to see others are running through it themselves.

I guess it will become clearer and clearer each week with form and injuries etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭KrakityJones

Quick question for those who might know

I've already made 3 changes thanks to injuries & red cards this week, so I'm -8 already. If make any more and I use the wildcard now will I still be docked the 8 points as I made those changes before using the wildcard?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Quick question for those who might know

I've already made 3 changes thanks to injuries & red cards this week, so I'm -8 already. If make any more and I use the wildcard now will I still be docked the 8 points as I made those changes before using the wildcard?

No, the wildcard will cancel out any points hits you made.

Cheers. Right 3 replaced and I could really do with shunting out another 2 players. Pull the wildcard trigger or be patient....

Cheers. Right 3 replaced and I could really do with shunting out another 2 players. Pull the wildcard trigger or be patient....

If you are making 5 transfers then play the wildcard! Who are the 2 undecideds?

I ditched chester,schurrle and mutch (why I bought him in I don't know)

Debating on shunting rooney on as he's tying up 10.5mil and if I did, replacing him with maybe naismith which frees up enough for a decent mid like fabregas (I already have costa and sturridge up front and ramsey,silva and sigurdson in mid). and feck it if I'm going that far might as well swop Howard out from goal as he's not doing much for now.

I ditched chester,schurrle and mutch (why I bought him in I don't know)

Debating on shunting rooney on as he's tying up 10.5mil and if I did, replacing him with maybe naismith which frees up enough for a decent mid like fabregas (I already have costa and sturridge up front and ramsey,silva and sigurdson in mid). and feck it if I'm going that far might as well swop Howard out from goal as he's not doing much for now.

Rooney is playing Burnley next. Definitely not worth transferring out just yet. Howard to Krul would be a good switch through.

• Advertisement

Im 50/50 on rooney alright, might give utd one last chance, if they can't do it against burnley I give up.I have Krul already so maybe I'll just hold off with the 3 transfers, take the 8 point hit and keep the wildcard for when things go really downhill.

Advertisement