Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Re Rooney & United - this week and the signings they make will be important.

Rojo will be in next week, along with possibly DiMaria and who knows who else.

If they do good business I'll keep my 3 players with them fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Re Rooney & United - this week and the signings they make will be important.

Rojo will be in next week, along with possibly DiMaria and who knows who else.

If they do good business I'll keep my 3 players with them fixtures.

How do you see their starting 11? Will they change to 4312?

Liam2012 wrote: »
    How do you see their starting 11? Will they change to 4312?

Loads of suggested formations/line ups on the united thread on the soccer forum that are worth a look.

What I'm getting at is that the shocking team yesterday might be a whole lot better by the weekend and they've injured players to come back too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Loads of suggested formations/line ups on the united thread on the soccer forum that are worth a look.

What I'm getting at is that the shocking team yesterday might be a whole lot better by the weekend and they've injured players to come back too.

Surely it will take the new players a bit of time to settle in, especially if they switch to a new formation? I'm sure united will click at some point, it just a case of figuring out when!

Surely it will take the new players a bit of time to settle in, especially if they switch to a new formation? I'm sure united will click at some point, it just a case of figuring out when!

Think it will too. Just not mad keen to ship out my united players till i see who they buy.

The team on sunday was shocking, even with 'settling in' i'd expect DiMaria, Rojo and any others to add massively to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

I don't follow an English team so I never look through those threads. I have in the past and found most of the posters are giddy teens or deranged fans that have no sense of reality. Much more sensible stuff here. Does this look reasonable:

DDG
    Rafael/Valencia/Jones Evans/Jones Rojo Shaw
    Di Maria Carrick Herrera
    Mata
    RVP Rooney

WIth Januzaj as the main impact player on the bench?

I think for FF that's a good team stacked with attacking potential. Obviously defence is still very weak and I think Rojo has a lot of questions.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Ive noticed a lot of players are loosing value quickly Mata is down despite playing in both games

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Nowso wrote: »
    Ive noticed a lot of players are loosing value quickly Mata is down despite playing in both games

People had to have Sterling or Ramsey after game week one.
    Mata had a bad week - easy to swap 9m to 9m midfielder.

Hope Matas' performance at the weekend halts his slide.

EDIT: Nope.
    According to FPL site 10K out compared to 7K in this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Ade and then 2 from sturridge, costa, aguero.
    I think Ill go mata over rooney as my utd coverage.

I agree re Mata, had said this previously.

I've 3 mil banked so a 12 point hit could get me to this team:

Begovic
    Taylor Moore Coloccini van Aanhoolt (4 mil cheapie like Bruce to replace Terry)
    Mata Sterling Siggy Fabregas Ramsey
    Aguero Costa Fletcher

I would then of course downgrade Fletcher in subsequent weeks. The transfers from my present squad would be:

Caulker to Taylor
    Terry to 4 mil cheapie
    Isgrove to Mata
    Rooney to Kun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Any of us thinking Van Persie from this weekend on or has United's poor start made people nervous?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I have both Mata, Rooney and De Gea but with the next three games are against promoted sides so i can't take them out.

How much do we expect Balotelli to come in at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

CSF wrote: »

8.5m, give or take 0.5m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'd say he'll be 9.5 or 10, which will be too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

He won't be as much as 10, no chance, not with Sturridge in the side too.. My guess is 8.5 to start, maybe 9 max.

Van Gaal has already said that it will take at least 3 months for his players to get used to the system, so it's not like you haven't been warned prior. I have Mata on my team but wouldn't take anyone else on top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Any of us thinking Van Persie from this weekend on or has United's poor start made people nervous?

He is still a bit rusty, i'd leave him for one more game as he should be flying after the internation break. Still there will a formation change with Di Maria in the team so United could be a very different prospect, especially with Shaw, Evans, Rojo and Hererra to come into the team.

It's hard to know how they will lineup or perform with everyone ready to go. RVP could be an incredible differentiator though.

I have the funds on standby to upgrade Rooney to RVP or Aguero if needed. I think i'll leave costa where is for now.

Mata is still the outstanding choice for now. 7 goals in last 8 starts is not something that can be argued with. I honestly didn't understand all the knee-jerking last week and he is major captaincy material this week against burnley.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

zarquon wrote: »
    He is still a bit rusty, i'd leave him for one more game as he should be flying after the internation break. Still there will a formation change with Di Maria in the team so United could be a very different prospect, especially with Shaw, Evans, Rojo and Hererra to come into the team.

It's hard to know how they will lineup or perform with everyone ready to go. RVP could be an incredible differentiator though.

I have the funds on standby to upgrade Rooney to RVP or Aguero if needed. I think i'll leave costa where is for now.

Mata is still the outstanding choice for now. 7 goals in last 8 starts is not something that can be argued with. I honestly didn't understand all the knee-jerking last week and he is major captaincy material this week against burnley.

For me it was a case of not wanting 2 utd attackers taking mata out over rooney was the logical choice as there was lots of similar midfield alternatives to mata . The same at the time couldn't be said for rooney. Can't argue with matas stats but he has been fairly anonymous in both games to date from a footballing perspective but all that matters is FF points and he delivered them yesterday.

I think if Balo is 9.5 or under then he might find his way into my team.

He should really be taking pens off Gerrard too, although that probably won't happen.

For me it was a case of not wanting 2 utd attackers taking mata out over rooney was the logical choice as there was lots of similar midfield alternatives to mata . The same at the time couldn't be said for rooney. Can't argue with matas stats but he has been fairly anonymous in both games to date from a footballing perspective but all that matters is FF points and he delivered them yesterday.

Ramsey was anonymous too but got the goals when it mattered. Too often we see Man of the Match performances and 2 points in FPL. I much rather someone who is quite but poaches plenty of assist and goals to a beast who gains little points.

Mata will stay in my team until i see how Di Maria affects the system. Likewise Balotelli could have an impact in where Sterling plays in the pool system. Rooney however could be on the chopping block. I am waiting for RVP or Aguero to hit full stride before pulling the trigger.

Midfield options are crazy this year though. Almost makes sense to go with a 3-5-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Eto to Everton on a 2yr deal.... Nasmith bandwagon grinds to a complete halt.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

dahat wrote: »
    Eto to Everton on a 2yr deal.... Nasmith bandwagon grinds to a complete halt.....

I don't Eto'o is going to play the role Naismith is playing. He'll prob be backup to lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

dahat wrote: »

Makes Naismith less appealing, but Eto'o is mainly cover for Lukaku imo

Makes Naismith less appealing, but Eto'o is mainly cover for Lukaku imo

Where is Kone these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Everton have Europa League this year too so the rotation will be interesting.

I think Kone is nearly, kinda fit, ish. Might get a run out in those games when/if he does return

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Lemlin wrote: »
    Where is Kone these days?

Jesus I'd completely forgotten about his existence, been a complete sick note for Everton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Thinking of swapping Hazzard out for Mata this week considering the run of fixtures both teams have in the next few weeks. Any thoughts?

Just checked and it seems Argentina only have one friendly over the international break. (re Aguero)

V Germany in Dusseldorf

http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=arg/fixturesresults/gender=m/

http://ie.soccerway.com/teams/argentina/argentina/132/matches/

England for example have 2 games, a friendly and a EC qualifier

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/england/fixtures

Just checked and it seems Argentina only have one friendly over the international break. (re Aguero)

V Germany in Dusseldorf

That's good news. Means there won't be much travelling for him either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Thinking of swapping Hazzard out for Mata this week considering the run of fixtures both teams have in the next few weeks. Any thoughts?

Don't understand this logic at all when it comes to City and Chelsea's most prominent attacking players. These guys will definitely be playing in those big games

Lemlin wrote: »
    That's good news. Means there won't be much travelling for him either.

That's what I was mainly checking tbh - that he wasn't playing in theback arse of Ecuador 60 hours before their next match or something like that.

(playing 12.45 on sat morning after the break)

V Germany in Dusseldorf

This is definetly something that needs to be considered as does the cl draw which takes place Friday as there is midweek games between gw 4 and 5 which depending on cl fixtures could have an impact on Pl line ups. Liverpool being pot 3 i think are bound to have some tough fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

£9.5m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Don't understand this logic at all when it comes to City and Chelsea's most prominent attacking players. These guys will definitely be playing in those big games

Utd are playing the 3 promoted teams in their next 3 fixtures while Chelsea have Everton away, Swansea at home and Man City away - the logic is easier fixtures hence possibility of more points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Utd are playing the 3 promoted teams in their next 3 fixtures while Chelsea have Everton away, Swansea at home and Man City away - the logic is easier fixtures hence possibility of more points.

Some people tend to choose better team over better fixtures.

United already played 2 of their "easy" fixtures and it didn't work too well.
    Saying that I will keep Rooney and Mata for at least next 3 games.
    DeGea already gone;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

Has anyone heard any more about Smallings injury.

FPL say he has a 75% chance of playing and the only quote I can find from van gaal is that he's another player they have injured. Surely he won't be fit for the weekend?

Also, do you think that chambers time in the arsenal back line is done for now. Surely wenger will go back to mert and kos?

I have both of the above and bojan. Can't decide what priority I should give to getting rid of each.

Has anyone heard any more about Smallings injury.

FPL say he has a 75% chance of playing and the only quote I can find from van gaal is that he's another player they have injured. Surely he won't be fit for the weekend?

Also, do you think that chambers time in the arsenal back line is done for now. Surely wenger will go back to mert and kos?

I have both of the above and bojan. Can't decide what priority I should give to getting rid of each.

Get rid of Bojan asap imho - didn't even start. No point having a precious forward spot doing SFA.

Smalling - hamstring likely to be more than 6 days imho, especially as he stupidly played on.

Chambers - hold and monitor game V Besiktas. Kos was hobbling in first leg hence not starting imo, so could be given more time.

Have you 3 other playable defenders? Don't take a hit for a defender if possible.

Balotelli in at 10m. Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

That won't be breaking the Studge and Sterling monopoly anyway, a shame. When you have Giroud, Dzeko, Ade and Bony at 8.5. Jovetic in at 8 and Negredo and Lukaku at 9 it's scandalous.

Just surprised Costa was so "cheap" now

That's a pity, he was in my plans

• Advertisement

DiMaria must be 13m by the time he gets to Utd then:D

That won't be breaking the Studge and Sterling monopoly anyway, a shame. When you have Giroud, Dzeko, Ade and Bony at 8.5. Jovetic in at 8 and Negredo and Lukaku at 9 it's scandalous.

Just surprised Costa was so "cheap" now

Yeah, Costa 10.5 was a bargain of the season. Balotelli is not the same class of a player to be rated so high.

70 people have Ballo in their teams already :eek:

70 people have Ballo in their teams already :eek:

Some players like novelties. Nothing to worry about, yet.

Balotelli at 10m or Costa at 10.5m.....hmmm tough decision :rolleyes: Another pool player i won't be touching!

Balotelli at 10m or Costa at 10.5m.....hmmm tough decision :rolleyes: Another pool player i won't be touching!

Costa is 10.6 so you might want to grab a bargain at 10.0 before he raises to 10.1:D

Poor Mario, didn't even touch the ball and we already laugh - not his fault really, the FPL went mental in this case.

My plan was to bring Sterling in for GW4, but will probably wait to see how Balotelli affects their formation. He'll probably only be a sub this weekend though.

My plan was to bring Sterling in for GW4, but will probably wait to see how Balotelli affects their formation. He'll probably only be a sub this weekend though.

Risky move brining in Sterling until Liverpools formation with Balotelli is settled. Far too many good midfield options this year to risk Sterling who may be negatively impacted by Balotellis inclusion.

Risky move brining in Sterling until Liverpools formation with Balotelli is settled. Far too many good midfield options this year to risk Sterling who may be negatively impacted by Balotellis inclusion.

The same argument could be made regarding di Maria impact on utds formation and mata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

The same argument could be made regarding di Maria impact on utds formation and mata.

Have we speculated on his cost yet? I'm guessing 10

• Advertisement
Advertisement