Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Verthongen is a stone cold absolute certainty to play whenever he's fit, needs to get the finger out regards scoring goals though. I think Walker will keep the right back spot but I haven't a clue how they will line out besides that. I didn't see any of last weeks game but Dier was very average against West Ham before his goal. He wouldn't have been expected to be a regular two weeks ago so it remains to be seen whether he's done enough defensively to keep that place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

what city and Chelsea defenders are nailed on in the 6m and below bracket?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Courtois and Hart(just).

They're not defenders, but are probably cheapest entry to those defences.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

None just at the moment! We have only had two game weeks so its hard to say as both squads are at risk of rotation, well the players in that price bracket anyway! Azpilicueta seems a good shout and is eating up bps but he is high risk for rotation i'd imagine! Nobody screams certain starter at that price range at City, far too many options and they will all be expecting game time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

zarquon wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for Dier to be tossed out on his arse. Can't wait for that bandwagon to burn.
    Booooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Mental scenes in the CL qualifiying. A Ludogorets defender steps in for the keeper when he's sent off in extra time with no subs left. Games goes to pens, defender scores the first pen and then saves 2 to send the team through :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Rumours that Costa injured himself in training...nothing confirmed yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Verthongen is a stone cold absolute certainty to play whenever he's fit, needs to get the finger out regards scoring goals though. I think Walker will keep the right back spot but I haven't a clue how they will line out besides that. I didn't see any of last weeks game but Dier was very average against West Ham before his goal. He wouldn't have been expected to be a regular two weeks ago so it remains to be seen whether he's done enough defensively to keep that place.

Where will Verthongen play? Can't imagine him being LB. Wouldn't be a typical Pochettino full back IMO.

What is the general opinion on letting a player drop in value or either transferring him out and take the -4 point hit. I have made my free transfer this week, and I have noticed Begovic and Isgrove may drop before Saturday (hopefully not). I don't really wanna take the hit, I have 131 points and am currently around the 20K mark. I would have taken that two weeks ago. Best thing to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Jovetic and Hazard or Aguero and Chadli (or other 6.0 or lower midfielder)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Rumours that Costa injured himself in training...nothing confirmed yet though.

The sun. Believe nothing from them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

The sun. Believe nothing from them

They may be exaggerating the timeframe but other respected news sites are now carrying the story:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/28/chelsea-diego-costa-injury-hamstring

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11060418/Chelsea-injury-scare-as-Diego-Costa-suffers-hamstring-blow.html

I read yesterday it's his third hamstring injury this year. Surely that puts him on a par with your other favourite Aguero!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

They won't risk Costa this weekend now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭jokser250

Have costa and bojan in team after making my transfer , may have to take a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I still have a FT to use so waiting on confirmation on Costa.

Was tinkering with the idea of playing the WC during the international break so I could reevaluate Utd, Ageuro and new signings.

If I don't use my FT, I'll have 2 FTs the following week. Probably a stupid question, but if I use my WC next week will I be left with one FT then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

sky sports news saying costa has minor muscular injury. mite mean 1 game out and then theres the internationals. prob not worth taking him out then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Zaha gone back to palace. Could be a decent option at 5.4m if he can regain his championship form.

Also Ricky Alvarez has signed for Sunderland. Never really rated him at Inter but could do ok at Sunderland. Would've expected more from Giacherrini last year than Alvarez this year and that didn't work out too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

John83 wrote: »
    If I don't use my FT, I'll have 2 FTs the following week. Probably a stupid question, but if I use my WC next week will I be left with one FT then?

Yup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Aguero's ownership is 1/2 Jovetic's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

manual_man wrote: »
    Aguero's ownership is 1/2 Jovetic's

Differential!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

He's also 50% more expensive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

roryc wrote: »
    He's also 50% more expensive!

and 50% more injured!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

and 50% more injured!

Jovetic is injury prone too. Won't be surprised to see a yellow or red flag on him soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

and 50% more injured!

i'll take the 50% extra points 'til that happens ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

zarquon wrote: »
    Jovetic is injury prone too. Won't be surprised to see a yellow or red flag on him soon.

Clubcall reporting a story titled "City Sweat on Aguero" filed 29 minutes ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Do I need to wildcard now? How could I set up this team to survive another week or two and average 50+pts (my goal for the season as a newbie, 50+ a week =P)? I'm about 25 pts shy of first place in the main private league I'm competing in and do not want to fall much further behind. Don't want to knee jerk and over haul the team if it has another week or two in it.

• Advertisement

Playing my wildcard this week and STILL considering taking on Ramsey. Am I insane?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Do I need to wildcard now? How could I set up this team to survive another week or two and average 50+pts (my goal for the season as a newbie, 50+ a week =P)? I'm about 25 pts shy of first place in the main private league I'm competing in and do not want to fall much further behind. Don't want to knee jerk and over haul the team if it has another week or two in it.

Don't think so. You won't be alone to be burnt by Diego Costa injury. Since you already have MU and Arsenal cover, of all the remaining big teams only City have a game where they could really score big so if you really want a replacement you could get Aguero if he plays or Jovetic.
    Vlaar is not confirmed out yet so I would not panic.

And 25 pts after 2 weeks is absolutely nothing. You want to be ahead after GW38 not now ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    Playing my wildcard this week and STILL considering taking on Ramsey. Am I insane?

I did Sanchez to Ramsey this week. Despite Sanchez looking like playing OOP for the foreseeable I don't regret it at all. Rambo had nearly 43% ownership to Sanchez's around 15%. I think when a player with potential to rack up big scores and who is a captaincy option some weeks has that high an ownership it becomes a huge risk not to own them.

Even if Sanchez does well for a while very very few if my rivals own him so fair play to the 15%, but it won't hurt me that much. While every Ramsey goal would be a killer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

So Sky are reporting that Man Utd have an accepted a bid from Aston Villa for Tom Cleverley of £9 million. I'd love to see him leave United and he's perfect fit for a mid table team like Villa (or Hull who are also rumoured to have made a bid). Only 5.4 I can't see many people here adding him to their team once he moves though.

@RNBVB have tweeted that they believe Dortmund and United have reached an agreement to bring Kagawa back to Dortmund. @RNBVB is the official twitter of Ruhr Nachrichten. They are the most reliable source for BVB news. Bad news for the whole 0.4% of people who own him at the moment :pac:

Wilfried Zaha is supposedly returning to Crystal Palace on a season long loan. He was fantastic there before going to United but if the rumors are to be believed he has attitude problems and I don't see LVG putting up with him. Similar to TC23 he comes in at 5.4. Probably a bit too expensive for a 5th mid so once again I don't see anyone jumping to bring him in.

Sky Sports also issued a report that they've heard Danny Welbeck could be going out on loan to one of Tottenham, Newcastle, Sunderland or Hull City. Apparently a season long loan is on the cards. He could definitely contribute to FPL with some decent returns from his 6.9 price tag (And dropping!). Third striker for that price? Yes please.

iroced wrote: »
    Don't think so. You won't be alone to be burnt by Diego Costa injury. Since you already have MU and Arsenal cover, of all the remaining big teams only City have a game where they could really score big so if you really want a replacement you could get Aguero if he plays or Jovetic.
    Vlaar is not confirmed out yet so I would not panic.

And 25 pts after 2 weeks is absolutely nothing. You want to be ahead after GW38 not now ;).

Worth taking a 4pt hit to swap him out or should I bench him this week and hope he's fit for next week? I actually took a 4pt hit to bring him into the squad last week when there were doubts around Giroud so it seems wrong to take another hit to get rid of him again!

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    I did Sanchez to Ramsey this week. Despite Sanchez looking like playing OOP for the foreseeable I don't regret it at all. Rambo had nearly 43% ownership to Sanchez's around 15%. I think when a player with potential to rack up big scores and who is a captaincy option some weeks has that high an ownership it becomes a huge risk not to own them.

Even if Sanchez does well for a while very very few if my rivals own him so fair play to the 15%, but it won't hurt me that much. While every Ramsey goal would be a killer.
    I've never had Ramsey as captain before and I couldn't see myself ever being likely to do so. I'm planning on going with 3 big hitters up front long-term and figure there'll always be one of those likely to be higher in my plans for captain.

I also don't like Ramsey's upcoming fixtures at all, and I don't believe in the term fixture-proof. Fixtures always have an impact. I've even considered going with him (and Sanchez) for this weekend, and then transferring him out for Hazard next weekend. Then I can re-evaluate around Gameweek 8 when they're over the worst.

That is the logical thinking in my head. Logic tells me he is good for one more week, and then he has a spell where there'll be better options in that bracket. But it is Aaron Ramsey and he is always a massive danger not to have, especially when as you said, most other people would be crushing me with his points.

Out of Ramsey/Mata/Rooney who would be the safest bet captain wise this week? Also have Siggy/Naismith but not sure if they're worth captaining. I have to finalise my team tonight as I'm heading off the Electric Picnic in the morning. It'll be just my luck that half my team gets injured tomorrow night haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I've never had Ramsey as captain before and I couldn't see myself ever being likely to do so. I'm planning on going with 3 big hitters up front long-term and figure there'll always be one of those likely to be higher in my plans for captain.

I also don't like Ramsey's upcoming fixtures at all, and I don't believe in the term fixture-proof. Fixtures always have an impact. I've even considered going with him (and Sanchez) for this weekend, and then transferring him out for Hazard next weekend. Then I can re-evaluate around Gameweek 8 when they're over the worst.

That is the logical thinking in my head. Logic tells me he is good for one more week, and then he has a spell where there'll be better options in that bracket. But it is Aaron Ramsey and he is always a massive danger not to have, especially when as you said, most other people would be crushing me with his points.

Please stop now. I need very little persuasion to go without that bóllocks, I am bringing him in on the wildcard but don't be one bit surprised if he ends up out in the cold come Saturday morning again. Don't do it to me:(

Out of Ramsey/Mata/Rooney who would be the safest bet captain wise this week? Also have Siggy/Naismith but not sure if they're worth captaining. I have to finalise my team tonight as I'm heading off the Electric Picnic in the morning. It'll be just my luck that half my team gets injured tomorrow night haha.

Check the captaincy thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If I wildcard which is still up in the air thats a strategy Ive been looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Drop. Aaron. Ramsey. At. Your. Peril.

Think he is gonna have one week in and then out, unless I have a change of heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

People will never learn :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Looking at Cl draw and opening fixtures which are between GW 4 and 5.
    Chelsea sat 13 swansea H wed 17 schalke H sun 21 city A
    City sat 13 arsenal A wed 17 b munich A sun 21 Chelsea H
    Arsenal Sat 13 City H tues 16 dortmund A sat 20 villa A
    Liverpool sat 13 Villa H tues 16 Ludogrets H sat 20 west ham A

The draw has been very rough on City and that is 3 very tough fixtures in a week. Aguero is highly unlikely to play in all 3. Liverpool have the handiest opening week but have real back to back in matchday 3 and 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Totally get your logic. I went without him the first two gws and got it wrong.

The main consideration for me now would be his ownership both globally and in my leagues. There comes a point where a player is so highly owned he effectively becomes essential, especially if he is capable of returning a double figure score an any given week.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Totally get your logic. I went without him the first two gws and got it wrong.

The main consideration for me now would be his ownership both globally and in my leagues. There comes a point where a player is so highly owned he effectively becomes essential, especially if he is capable of returning a double figure score an any given week.
    I dunno about essential, he'll be essential if he keeps doing well. My hope is that he doesn't do well, and him having so many owners will lead to him dropping in value a decent amount for when I want to have him again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Been away for a couple of days, has this place gone mad wit the news Costa is out for 6 weeks :D???

Been away for a couple of days, has this place gone mad wit the news Costa is out for 6 weeks :D???

As reported by the Daily Mail..

Believe nothing until Jose tells us at the presser

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

costa is fine according to del bosque. praise the lord!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

unplayable wrote: »
    costa is fine according to del bosque. praise the lord!!!

Any updates on Costa - out definitely or possible he'll still play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

HcHcz9k.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Jose said he'll do light training today and see how it goes. He didn't train for the last 2 days. If he has a positive response to light training then they bring him to everton to either play or be on the bench, if the reaction is not positive then he won't be travelling

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

RVP as captain this week, only lad in my pay league with him in i think. anyting less than a hat trick from him and il be dissapointed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭boccy23

Apparently Skirtel has a knock now. TotalFPL says 50% chance of playing. With this and the Costa news, I'm getting sick of checking injury reports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Jovetic, Dzeko and Aguero all fit apparently.

there are going to be some disappointed FPL managers around the place when City's team is announced.

Advertisement