Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

SlickRic wrote: »
    Jovetic, Dzeko and Aguero all fit apparently.

there are going to be some disappointed FPL managers around the place when City's team is announced.

Yeah I've steered clear of City strikers for the minute.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Jovetic, Dzeko and Aguero all fit apparently.

there are going to be some disappointed FPL managers around the place when City's team is announced.

If i was a betting man (which i am) I would say the striker most likely to lose out would be dzeko.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Hazard and Wilshere

vrs.

Fábregas and Ramsey

What's the better pairing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Hazard and Wilshere

vrs.

Fábregas and Ramsey

Ramregas without a doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hazard and Wilshere

vrs.

Fábregas and Ramsey

Second option without doubt. Wilshere may even lose his place at Arsenal when everyone is fit. He isn't playing well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,370 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If i was a betting man (which i am) I would say the striker most likely to lose out would be dzeko.

i honestly think the most likely is Jovetic/Dzeko, then Aguero comes on after an hour.

but it could be anything.

those who have Jovetic will be biased thinking he'll definitely play. those with Dzeko will be biased towards him, and those with Aguero towards him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

i honestly think the most likely is Jovetic/Dzeko, then Aguero comes on after an hour.

those who have Jovetic will be biased thinking he'll definitely play. those with Dzeko will be biased towards him, and those with Aguero towards him.

You've got a real glass half full approach. Mostpeople will assume the player they have of that trio will be the one to miss out

Lemlin wrote: »
    Second option without doubt. Wilshere may even lose his place at Arsenal when everyone is fit. He isn't playing well.

I'd agree with most of that but Wilshere actually played very well the other night

I'd agree with most of that but Wilshere actually played very well the other night

Didn't see the game tbh. I'm referring to PL games where he has played. He was even singled out on MoTD for the Palace game because of his wayward passing.

The subject was how far Ramsey has moved forward and Wilshere has stalled.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Now that we know aguero is 100% . you would have to assume that he will start the game and not come on for his 20 mins and a goal routine. surley??

Jovetic scored 2 in his last game so surley he cant be dropped by sheer logic??

Dzeko fair enough was massive last season but by elimination process i think it might be him who loses out. But hell what do i know just opinions! Pelligrini will prob play yaya in a false 9 now that iv said this!

• Advertisement

Now that we know aguero is 100% . you would have to assume that he will start the game and not come on for his 20 mins and a goal routine. surley??

I still disagree with this. Aguero hasn't even played a full half yet. I can't see Pellegrini starting him. I think he'll give him a half in the hope that he can argue that Argentina shouldn't start him in their friendly.

I could be totally wrong though. We'll know tomorrow.

Team selection dilemma. Who to play and who put on the bench?

Cahill vs EVE (A)
    Van Aanholt vs QPR (A)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Cahill vs EVE (A)
    Van Aanholt vs QPR (A)

Cahill .. Chelsea always likely to keep a clean sheet regardless home/away or the opposition

Top of my head job ... Away to City / Liverpool and United last year

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Cahill .. Chelsea always likely to keep a clean sheet regardless home/away or the opposition

Top of my head job ... Away to City / Liverpool and United last year

Cheers, I suppose the reason I'm debating it is 'cos Van Aanholt seems a threat in an attacking sense, and QPRs defence seems to be terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Cahill vs EVE (A)
    Van Aanholt vs QPR (A)

Never bench a Chelsea defender ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Be some craic now if Stoke kept a clean sheet against City with everybody getting City attackers in and benching/transferring out Stoke defenders!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭G1032

qwabercd wrote: »
    Be some craic now if Stoke kept a clean sheet against City with everybody getting City attackers in and benching/transferring out Stoke defenders!

Yup. It'll be 0-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Dzeko fair enough was massive last season but by elimination process i think it might be him who loses out. But hell what do i know just opinions! Pelligrini will prob play yaya in a false 9 now that iv said this!

Or.....

Three of them will start!:pac:

Jesus. Imagine 433 with
    ........yaya.......
    silva..........nasri
    dzeko.kun.jovetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Jesus. Imagine 433 with
    ........yaya.......
    silva..........nasri
    dzeko.kun.jovetic

9-3 every week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hi lads,

I've been out of the loop the last couple of days and won't get a chance to do much, if any, research tonight for GW3. I'm just wondering if someone could please provide a quick summary of player injury updates etc from today's press conferences or anything else of note.

Also, how much trouble am I in this week with the below:

De Gea

Terry Debuchy Taylor

Ramsey Sigurdsson Hazard Mata

Rooney (C) Costa (VC) Fletcher

Wisdom first sub.

Thanks.

Paully D wrote: »
    Hi lads,

I've been out of the loop the last couple of days and won't get a chance to do much, if any, research tonight for GW3. I'm just wondering if someone could please provide a quick summary of player injury updates etc from today's press conferences or anything else of note.

De Gea

Terry Debuchy Taylor

Wisdom first sub.

Thanks.

Ramsey is in the boot of my car

Besides that you'll be fine, I assume you know something of the Costa situation??

Paully D wrote: »
    Hi lads,

De Gea

Terry Debuchy Taylor

Wisdom first sub.

Thanks.

Basically, mass panic as Costa was rumoured to be injured, then about a day later, mass panic was over, as it appears he's not really that injured.

A lot of uncertainty as to whether Costa and Aguero will start. City forward line very uncertain, but didn't stop a LOT of people transfering Jovetic in. Giroud out until after Christmas probably has a lot to do with the Jovetic transfers in.

You're team looks fine all things considered. You could even bank your transfer I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Thanks lads! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

If Aguero was to start, it would be very hard for Man City to tell Argentina that he's not fit to go and play international matches, He has a habit of breaking down when rushed back from injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Paully, do you think Fletcher will start at the weekend? I have him but thinking of benching because I think he may be dropped with Wickham up front with Johnson and Buckley out wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Remy gone to Chelsea. He could've been a great option at Arsenal with Giroud out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Lads, terry, van aanholt and caulker?

Have to play 2, who to pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

On my phone so haven't checked around to see if this has been posted elsewhere. For those thinking of a Di Maria punt:

https//mobile.twitter.com/ManUtd/status/505362856087658496

• Advertisement

On my phone so haven't checked around to see if this has been posted elsewhere. For those thinking of a Di Maria punt:

https//mobile.twitter.com/ManUtd/status/505362856087658496

Link not working...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Oops. It's from United's Twitter, Di Maria in line for debut as Van Gaal says 'he is ready'. I know it doesn't mean starting but I think it's inferred from the tone of the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

qwabercd wrote: »
    Remy gone to Chelsea. He could've been a great option at Arsenal with Giroud out.

Any confirmed link?
    was looking at getting him in for Giroud, but not if he's going to Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Kolarov and Clichy seem to have very close ownership percentages. Clichy played the other night but Kolarov is expected to play tomorrow. Risky to bring one of these in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

had Costa from day 1 but was 90% gonna lose him in wildcard as everytime they are cruising in a game Drogba will be on.....and now Remy......bye bye Diego

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Wildcard next week,1 fit sub and one of my CB's doubtful means I might only have 10 this GW.Team needs a re-jig.
    At least by Monday night we'll have the transfer window shut & any doubts about players moving gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

dier o.g. would be splendid this weekend

United talking to Daley Blind according to SSN. He is what they need more than Di Maria IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

United talking to Daley Blind according to SSN. He is what they need more than Di Maria IMO.

Add Carvalho or Vidal to that and United's attacking players (and defenders) look much more attractive.

CSF wrote: »
    Add Carvalho or Vidal to that and United's attacking players (and defenders) look much more attractive.

Vidal tweeted about looking forward to the new Italian season and said "we are 100% Juventus" so it's believed that move won't be going through.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

Sky Sports News are behind the times, apparently the deal was done at 8am this morning. Just finishing the paper work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

JokerD wrote: »
    Kolarov and Clichy seem to have very close ownership percentages. Clichy played the other night but Kolarov is expected to play tomorrow. Risky to bring one of these in?

From my experience last season, owning one of these will be the bain of your life. They are selected dependent on the opposition rather than there being any pecking order.

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    Sky Sports News are behind the times, apparently the deal was done at 8am this morning. Just finishing the paper work.

They're reporting deal agreed between clubs but terms yet to be agreed with the player.

I wonder will he be classed as a midfielder or defender. I reckon defender and can see United using him in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

They're reporting deal agreed between clubs but terms yet to be agreed with the player.

I wonder will he be classed as a midfielder or defender. I reckon defender and can see United using him in midfield.

Well his natural position is as a midfielder but he is very versatile. I would imagine fantasy football would put him in as a midfielder, but he can play centre back or left/wing back too.. Van Gaal loves his left footers!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Talk of Negredo going to Valencia and Falcao going to city.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Shawcross to Everton looks a possibility. If he signs and they rediscover their defensive form of last year, then he could be a great option at 5.5

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

frimpong wrote: »
    Shawcross to Everton looks a possibility. If he signs and they rediscover their defensive form of last year, then he could be a great option at 5.5

Makes Wilson stoke a great option also

If they don't sign anyone that is.

Talk of Negredo going to Valencia and Falcao going to city.

Falcao also being linked with United and Arsenal. Negredo loan deal apparently done.

Jay Rod could be heading to Spurs with Andros Townsend going in opposite direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Wilson seems to have nailed a spot for now anyway.. Shawcross is probably Stoke's best def tho so i'm not sure him leaving would make the Stoke defense more attractive in terms of clean sheet potential

manual_man wrote: »
    Wilson seems to have nailed a spot for now anyway.. Shawcross is probably Stoke's best def tho so i'm not sure him leaving would make the Stoke defense more attractive in terms of clean sheet potential

8 mil deal apparently done. Hughes is generally good at picking up lads for 2 to 3 mil so he probably thinks he could get 2 to 3 players for that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement