Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

With Remy's move to Chelsea complete the next transfer I make will have to be a Chelsea player. Likely, either himself or Terry (Costa and Fab being my other Chelsea players).

Interesting as I've never been in this position before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lemlin wrote: »
    8 mil deal apparently done. Highes is generally good at picking up lads 2 to 3 mil so he probably thinks he could get 2 to 3 players for that.

For real? Wow i was thinking £15M or more around that figure with it being last minute. Maybe Shawcross himself pushed for it, he's not getting any younger. Would fully expect Stoke to bring in a replacement tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

manual_man wrote: »
    For real? Wow i was thinking £15M or more around that figure with it being last minute. Maybe Shawcross himself pushed for it, he's not getting any younger. Would fully expect Stoke to bring in a replacement tho

He's 26 which is quite young for a centre half. He could easily play at the top level for another 7/8 years.

Not sure about his contract status. Maybe it's up next Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

They'll probably just keep Cameron now and let him compete for a centre half spot with Huth & Wilson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

He's 26 which is quite young for a centre half. He could easily play at the top level for another 7/8 years.

Not sure about his contract status. Maybe it's up next Summer.

He has 4 years left on his current deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Earthhorse wrote: »
    With Remy's move to Chelsea complete the next transfer I make will have to be a Chelsea player. Likely, either himself or Terry (Costa and Fab being my other Chelsea players).

Interesting as I've never been in this position before.

Remy will get feck all gametime at Chelsea, won't be a regular starter unless Costa is injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Every time I log back to the site I see this message:confused:

320552.jpg

Firefox btw.

Anyone else had this?

320553.jpg

It looks like the 01/09 surprised the FPL site:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Ya. Same here. Looks like the change of date messed up the security certificate or something like that.

I've just realised that even if I had wanted to pull the trigger on Rooney to Costa at about half one this morning I wouldn't have been able to.............Big [EMAIL="f@ck"]f@ck[/EMAIL] there by the site. People wanting to make transfers couldn't and may now not be able to do so because of funds!!!! Very often 0.1m of a difference is all it takes not to be able to get your player

• Advertisement

G1032 wrote: »
    Ya. Same here. Looks like the change of date messed up the security certificate or something like that.

I've just realised that even if I had wanted to pull the trigger on Rooney to Costa at about half one this morning I wouldn't have been able to.............Big f@ck there by the site. People wanting to make transfers couldn't and may now not be able to do so because of funds!!!! Very often 0.1m of a difference is all it takes not to be able to get your player

You could log on by ignoring this error (if you were desperate enough).
    This is a 3m+ users website - very unproffesional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Getting same thing here as well. Anyone risking it for a biscuit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Getting same thing here as well. Anyone risking it for a biscuit?
    Ah yeah, click proceed and you won't notice a thing. It's not like it's a website you're entering credit card details on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Remy will get feck all gametime at Chelsea, won't be a regular starter unless Costa is injured
    He's already dropped in price overnight. Oh well. Probably bring in Naismith for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Falcao to utd looks a done thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭boccy23

KevIRL wrote: »

Does this make Rooney worth hanging on to now?
    Di Maria and Falcao with Rooney although RVP is meant to be out.
    Not sure what to do with Rooney. He was quiet last weekend. And he was my captain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭28064212

wonski wrote: »
    You could log on by ignoring this error (if you were desperate enough).
    This is a 3m+ users website - very unproffesional.
    You can completely bypass the error by going to http://fantasy.premierleague.com instead. The fantasy site doesn't use HTTPS/SSL at all, so the certificate doesn't matter See below

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

28064212 wrote: »
    You can completely bypass the error by going to http://fantasy.premierleague.com instead. The fantasy site doesn't use HTTPS/SSL at all, so the certificate doesn't matter

Are you sure about that, I think it would use some sort of protection while logging in and sending a password........
    The error only comes up once you enter you username and password and hit login

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Thanos wrote: »
    Are you sure about that, I think it would use some sort of protection while logging in and sending a password........
    The error only comes up once you enter you username and password and hit login
    Yep, my bad, it doesn't protect your session, but does protect your login details

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Both Mick gifs have appeared on the Benchwarmers facebook page in the days after they were posted in here, coincidence I think not. FHFC must be in cahoots with them.

I'll accept my commission a week late it's ok. Seriously though, where's my money?

Hull have signed a new striker Abel Hernandez from Palermo for a club record fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Both Mick gifs have appeared on the Benchwarmers facebook page in the days after they were posted in here, coincidence I think not. FHFC must be in cahoots with them.

I'll accept my commission a week late it's ok. Seriously though, where's my money?

Nothing to do with me.

I told ya, Mick moves in mysterious ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

so with Falcao signing. whos gonna lose there place?

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    so with Falcao signing. whos gonna lose there place?

It suggests to me that there was something to the van Persie operation rumours floating around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Negredo has left City so that leaves them with 3 strikers reducing the rotation up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

KevIRL wrote: »

Any idea price wise what he'll cost in the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I'd guess 11.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Danger781 wrote: »
    I'd guess 11.0

Thanks, was thinking of turfing out Rooney, will see how this one plays out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

My guess is 12

11.5 :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

dahat wrote: »
    Negredo has left City so that leaves them with 3 strikers reducing the rotation up front.

and with aguero and jovetic having a history of injuries. could be good to have dzeko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Surely with his reputation, he will cost 12.5M.

Royston Drenthe, one of our former forum favourites, has signed for Sheffield Wednesday!

Royston Drenthe, one of our former forum favourites, has signed for Sheffield Wednesday!

Debatable :o

Gaston Ramirez going to Hull.

Negredo gone from City.

Neither Falcao or Wellbeck moves confirmed yet. Sky say Arsenal applied for an extension....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

FHFC wrote: »
    Neither Falcao or Wellbeck moves confirmed yet. Sky say Arsenal applied for an extension....

I hope the Welbeck deal falls through..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Thanks, was thinking of turfing out Rooney, will see how this one plays out.

I would have thought would be guaranteed more given he's more captain, that said I do think Falcao has been brought in to provide higher level of competition for starting positions.

I'm intrigued by Kevin Doyle going to Crystal Palace but he's never been prolific

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Imo Rooney is a permanent player on your team (unless injured).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

Big Borg wrote: »
    Imo Rooney is a permanent player on your team (unless injured).

Don't know. Rooney might be captain but I think yesterday's arrivals and departures at Utd are bad news for those of us with him in our teams. If he is playing up front as the main striker and is on form then he is good value. However as we saw even back when Fergie was his manager Rooney doesn't like played out wide and he certainly doesn't like playing second fiddle to another superstar. He used to get in a huff for a couple of months and was more likely to pick up red cards than goals. With Falcao and RVP more likely to be the central striker Rooney will, at best, be out wide as part of a front three. Plus there is a risk he could be on the bench. Having lost both Hernandez and Wellbeck Van Gal really now has only 3 strikers. Will he play all three at the same time? If he does he risks fatigue and injury and has no rotation options or impact off the bench. If he is picking two out of three it will be RVP and Falcao ahead of Rooney.

I think Rooney is now a very expensive gamble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

touts wrote: »
    Don't know. Rooney might be captain but I think yesterday's arrivals and departures at Utd are bad news for those of us with him in our teams. If he is playing up front as the main striker and is on form then he is good value. However as we saw even back when Fergie was his manager Rooney doesn't like played out wide and he certainly doesn't like playing second fiddle to another superstar. He used to get in a huff for a couple of months and was more likely to pick up red cards than goals. With Falcao and RVP more likely to be the central striker Rooney will, at best, be out wide as part of a front three. Plus there is a risk he could be on the bench. Having lost both Hernandez and Wellbeck Van Gal really now has only 3 strikers. Will he play all three at the same time? If he does he risks fatigue and injury and has no rotation options or impact off the bench. If he is picking two out of three it will be RVP and Falcao ahead of Rooney.

I think Rooney is now a very expensive gamble.

Your wrong ,the captain of the team won't be benched espically Rooney.
    With vp looking likely to go for the knee op Rooney is a solid choice.
    Van Gaal eyes are soley on the league now and will play falcao and rooney and when vp is fit rotate him.
    Vp in the last two games was dire to say the least,im going with falcao,his record speaks for itself and is worth the money!
    If balotelli is 10 then falcao going to be 12.

11.0 for Falcao... The maths begin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Just waiting on the Van Persie news for the injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

Your wrong ,the captain of the team won't be benched espically Rooney.
    With vp looking likely to go for the knee op Rooney is a solid choice.
    Van Gaal eyes are soley on the league now and will play falcao and rooney and when vp is fit rotate him.
    Vp in the last two games was dire to say the least,im going with falcao,his record speaks for itself and is worth the money!
    If balotelli is 10 then falcao going to be 12.

Perhaps. But as you say when RVP is fit then rotation will be a factor. 10.5m is a lot for a player subject to rotation. The Utd front line look very powerful from the point of view of challenging for the league but from a fantasy football point of view just like the city frontline they look overpriced with a risk of rotation and egos kicking in. For a little extra Costa looks a much better bet with less risk of rotation.

CSF wrote: »
    Just waiting on the Van Persie news for the injury.

Yep, it will cement his place for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I won't be getting any United attacking players until I see a serious improvement from them. I think they need to change from 5-3-2 to 4 at the back, so until they change from that I don't really see myself getting anyone.

Apart from their form, there's now a rotation issue - pretty sure they won't play RVP, Rooney, Falcao, Di Maria and Mata in every game. One of the appeals of Rooney/RVP/Mata before the other 2 were signed was that they were guaranteed starters. But that's not the case for any of them. Obviously if RVP is injured that changes things, but nothing confirmed yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Potentially a silly question but given my terrible start I can't take risks getting this wrong. If I activate my wildcard and make changes and save them, can I make further changes if I need to before the deadline for the next gameweek shuts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Potentially a silly question but given my terrible start I can't take risks getting this wrong. If I activate my wildcard and make changes and save them, can I make further changes if I need to before the deadline for the next gameweek shuts?

Once you activate wildcard, you have until 11.30 on the morning of next gameweek starting, i.e Sept 13th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Anyone see any winners and losers of deadline day?

Of the cheap option defenders, looks like none of Hutton, Wisdom and Moore were replaced.

Hull signed Ben Arfa, Ramierez and Hernandez, who knows who will go where but I wouldn't trust anyone there to be a regular till we see their starting XI.

Southampton signed a defender and midfielder, so some of them will drop to the bench.

United let some of the kids out on loan, Powell and Keane, could be good cheap options eventually.

Coates to Sunderland, who will be benched there?

Sandro and Krankjar to QPR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Will Welbeck be starting at Arsenal? Reckon he could end up being a pretty good scorer while Giroud is out, Arsenals type of play should suit him a lot better than Uniteds did.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Yes. Unlimited changes until September 13th.

• Advertisement
Advertisement