Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Clyne, Williams, Evans, Duff or Pieters

Im thinking Evans and Duff, not sure about the other 3, need to pick 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Clyne, Williams, Evans, Duff or Pieters

Im thinking Evans and Duff, not sure about the other 3, need to pick 1

Tricky one this. I'd go for Clyne as he has attacking potential as well as clean sheet potential. Duff could get a cleanie against Sunderland and it's a toss up for the last spot. If I had to choose it'd be Clyne, Duff and Evans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Do many people here have Hazard in their teams? I just got rid of him this week. Despite playing well he has not been setting the world on fire in terms of FPL points so far. Added to that, Chelsea have some tough fixtures coming up. Man City, Palace, Man Utd, Liverpool all away + Villa, Arsenal, QPR at home are their next 7 games. Still, given the fact he is one of the few players capable of 200 points this season have many people kept faith in him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

What I really want this week is a clean sheet, have had only 2 in 4 gwks :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Bib theory that had sterling dropped last week reckons Liverpool playing a diamond with sterling behind borini and Mario. Skrtle in for Sakho and lallana and Coutinho benched.

Sounds plausible, they looked better balanced when they switched to a diamond the other night. Lallana and Couthinho have been poor the last 2 games so I'd expect them to be dropped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

KevIRL wrote: »
    This thread indicates that both got a 2 week ban

Yep, was on a little two week break! Don’t want to drag this thread OT discussing moderating decisions as it will result in another ban. Unsure if I’ll post as much on the forum anymore but at least the thread above has clarified that the other poster will receive a ban if he replies to any of my posts. Hopefully that’s the end of it.

Lets get back on topic! I didn’t have too bad a week last week (71-4) although I lost the Head to Head match. He had Mata who I had transferred out (at a 4 point hit) for Sterling. Turned out to be the difference but it was the correct move based on their form at the time and price changes. Almost wildcarded this week but decided against it as its only my backline that is bothering me and that seems to be everyone’s issue recently. Di Maria looking like he could become a must have though! Saw my first green arrow of the season with a tiny climb up from 75k to 72k. Another point hit taken ahead of this weekend but it was needed to get Pelle in, had my eye on him pre-season but didn’t pull the trigger. Doubled up on Stoke defence (again) and QPR have managed to score. Twice. Think I'm 3/18 on clean sheets so far this season.

Good luck at the weekend folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Do many people here have Hazard in their teams? I just got rid of him this week. Despite playing well he has not been setting the world on fire in terms of FPL points so far. Added to that, Chelsea have some tough fixtures coming up. Man City, Palace, Man Utd, Liverpool all away + Villa, Arsenal, QPR at home are their next 7 games. Still, given the fact he is one of the few players capable of 200 points this season have many people kept faith in him?

I got rid of him for Fabregas when I wildcarded this week.

He certainly has been playing well as you mentioned, but a piece of commentary during the Chelsea Champions League game summed up how things have been going: "after great work from Hazard, Fabregas was on hand to profit"

I have no doubt he'll be there or threabouts come the end of the season but at the minute Fabregas is doing better in FPL terms and is cheaper so it's a no-brainer IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

There has been 1 goal in Burnley games since half time in the Chelsea game 3 and a half games ago. So although they are looking solid they aren't looking like scoring ings is out also I'd defo start Mannone most likely 0 0 of the weekend for me.
    First bet in a long time won 70 euro:) makes up for another frustrating FF day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

First bet in a long time won 70 euro:) makes up for another frustrating FF day

Got €25 on United to win tomorrow.. Potential Returns of €65 :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭Pipjam

roryc wrote: »
    Unsure if I’ll post as much on the forum anymore but at least the thread above has clarified that the other poster will receive a ban if he replies to any of my posts. Hopefully that’s the end of it.

Any particular reason that you find a problem with the other poster replying to you? As a long time lurker on the forum I think it'll be a loss that two differing opinions can be discussed. Often both arguments had their merits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

jebforever wrote: »
    Tricky one this. I'd go for Clyne as he has attacking potential as well as clean sheet potential. Duff could get a cleanie against Sunderland and it's a toss up for the last spot. If I had to choose it'd be Clyne, Duff and Evans.

Clean sheet for Clyne and Duff! Hopefully Evans can get some points too!

Great shout jebforever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Clean sheet for Clyne and Duff! Hopefully Evans can get some points too!

Great shout jebforever!

No bother. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Yep, was on a little two week break! Don’t want to drag this thread OT discussing moderating decisions as it will result in another ban. Unsure if I’ll post as much on the forum anymore but at least the thread above has clarified that the other poster will receive a ban if he replies to any of my posts. Hopefully that’s the end of it.

Lets get back on topic! I didn’t have too bad a week last week (71-4) although I lost the Head to Head match. He had Mata who I had transferred out (at a 4 point hit) for Sterling. Turned out to be the difference but it was the correct move based on their form at the time and price changes. Almost wildcarded this week but decided against it as its only my backline that is bothering me and that seems to be everyone’s issue recently. Di Maria looking like he could become a must have though! Saw my first green arrow of the season with a tiny climb up from 75k to 72k. Another point hit taken ahead of this weekend but it was needed to get Pelle in, had my eye on him pre-season but didn’t pull the trigger. Doubled up on Stoke defence (again) and QPR have managed to score. Twice. Think I'm 3/18 on clean sheets so far this season.

Good luck at the weekend folks.

Welcome back rory, get in there and start posting again like usual. No point cutting off your nose to spite your face.

And get yourself back as well Lemlin, this town is most definitely big enough for both of ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Welcome back rory, get in there and start posting again like usual. No point cutting off your nose to spite your face.

And get yourself back as well Lemlin, this town is most definitely big enough for both of ye.

Was considering posting something similar. As a fairly frequent poster for just over a year I think it would be a huge shame to lose either Rory or Lemlin's contributions. Personality clashes happen, and get worse quicker in impersonal online situations.

Please lads just use the ignore thingy and continue contributing to the community.

I had to wildcard last week without any advice from either of yis ffs. Nightmare!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

#BetterTogether :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

:)

Would be a shame if moderating decisions were what caused you to stop posting as much. I absolutely understand where you're coming from though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

+1

Two excellent posters, would be a massive shame to lose either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Danger781 wrote: »
    Would be a shame if moderating decisions were what caused you to stop posting as much. I absolutely understand where you're coming from though.

Yeah as per the other thread, its not Lemlin that is the issue. Anyway, enough said on it. Back on topic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yeah as per the other thread, its not Lemlin that is the issue. Anyway, enough said on it. Back on topic.

Banned for a month. If you think the moderators, category moderators and admins are all wrong, then I'm not sure what else to say to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

Folks I'll copy this issue in here because some people won't be checking the game week 5 transfer thread anymore..
    Folks, odd thing has happened in my game - I had 2 FTs saved up, and decided to pop out Balotelli yesterday and brought Pelle in.

Went to have a look at what else I might change this week, and I now have 0???! Was I supposed to use them both together? I haven't banked a transfer in ages.

Happened me last week when I had 2x free. After the first transfer it showed up 0 free transfers remaining.
    When I went to make the second transfer it said "this will cost you 0 points".

You still have the second free transfer, it's just a bug in the display.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Banned for a month. If you think the moderators, category moderators and admins are all wrong, then I'm not sure what else to say to you.

Ah here I can see no need for that whatsoever. He merely responded to something I said. You'd swear he directed a personal insult at you..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Ah here I can see no need for that whatsoever. He merely responded to something I said. You'd swear he directed a personal insult at you..

It is funny though...

jive wrote: »
    It is funny though...

We can agree to disagree on that one.

I assume there I more to this banning than what we have seen today? Personally it looks very harsh but who knows what has gone on in PM's or whatever.

I hope that this isn't the end of rorys contributions to this forum, I won't say any more than that.

I assume there I more to this banning than what we have seen today? Personally it looks very harsh but who knows what has gone on in PM's or whatever.

Careful now, you don't want to follow in rory's footsteps.

Careful now, you don't want to follow in rory's footsteps.

I hope I have made myself clear, I'm not criticising any decisions, I'm not quite sure what happened today, it would be a shame to lose any regular quality posters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I hope that this isn't the end of rorys contributions to this forum, I won't say any more than that.

Unbelievable Geoff.... :(

Agree with me or else you too will have a month in the sin bin my friend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Are you trying to be funny? What is so funny in someone being banned btw.

wonski wrote: »

Surprised he wasn't infracted for it! Considering people have been infracted for the use of "lol". Seriously.

Surprised he wasn't infracted for it! Considering people have been infracted for the use of "lol". Seriously.

Rubbish, nobody here has a problem with LOL, the problem is idiots who (I'll take today as an example) contribute nothing to a thread except lol at Naismith captainers, lol at Zabaleta owners etc, etc, etc. There's a good few sites where you can go if that's what floats your boat. You can even post goals that haven't happened for poor idiots who are relying on the forums to keep up to date with the games.

Warning for going against FSA charter. If you have a problem with my moderating, please feel free to contact a cMod.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

2776890.jpg

The thing about it is you have to actually have a sense of humour to find any of the above funny, m8. It's a fantasy sports forum, and one of the few good ones, so lighten up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

play it safe and go with Costa captain next week. he may be rested but everyone else will have him captained so........
    or risk going with Falcao.....

km79 wrote: »
    play it safe and go with Costa captain next week. he may be rested but everyone else will have him captained so........
    or risk going with Falcao.....

Definitely Costa

OK, that's the end of the discussion pertaining to moderating decisions. If you have a problem, PM me. If you post below this warning regarding the moderation of the forum, I will be handing out cards.

RoryC received a month's ban. I do not hand out any sort of ban lightly on here. I have no intention of justifying any piece of moderating. He was banned for 2 weeks a fortnight ago and the decision was upheld by a category moderator and an admin.

Now he is banned for a month.

What I will say is that a number of people are making judgements based on one side of a dispute. I cannot get involved in a dispute and I cannot have my say. If I could, then people may have a different understanding.

The fact is that RoryC can dispute the ban as per the Dispute Resolution instructions, and if the ban is found to be unjust, it can be overturned.

I do not care how good a poster someone is, that does not give them any priveledges when it comes to FPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

It is funny though...
    The thing about it is you have to actually have a sense of humour to find any of the above funny, m8. It's a fantasy sports forum, and one of the few good ones, so lighten up

It is a fantasy sports forum indeed.

That is why I don't find it funny to make a fun of the fact that someone was banned.

It is not about a sense of humour, or lack thereof. It is about what is funny and what is not funny at all.

ok, cool

• Advertisement

Well I reckon that's the end of my time here then, at least for the foreseeable future. I imagine rory and Lemlin won't be contributing much any more either. I have more I want to say but won't for fear of landing myself in further trouble. Good night folks.

Well I reckon that's the end of my time here then, at least for the foreseeable future. I imagine rory and Lemlin won't be contributing much any more either. I have more I want to say but won't for fear of landing myself in further trouble. Good night folks.

If you don't want to post here because you are reading one half of a story, then absolutely no problem.

Suffice it to day that Rory is in the position he is in because of his behavior on this forum over the last few years. Not because of me, another mod, the category mods, the admins or any other poster, including Lemlin. Because of himself.

Rory is an excellent contributor (one of the best IMO) to this forum but he is not above the thread or site rules. Another top poster is also on a site ban but that's life.

So as I said, if you want to make a decision based on what you perceive to be the full wet of facts, go right ahead.

This isn't because of a single incident - A number of incidents since the start of the season have been building up to this. I'll say no more as I'm dragging this thread off topic and it will only land me in further trouble. For now at least, I'm done.

This isn't because of a single incident - A number of incidents since the start of the season have been building up to this. I'll say no more as I'm dragging this thread off topic and it will only land me in further trouble. For now at least, I'm done.

No problem. Back on topic now guys. I've given this issue enough page space. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Anyone else finding the defending this season being very hard to predict? Last season there were a number of teams who were solid and could be relied upon for CS's, not many this year.

I play 3 at the back, plus a GK is 20 players over the first 5 weeks - managed a total of 3 CS's.

In the league so far, 29 of 100 appearances have been CS's, they seem to be much harder to predict than in previous years. Maybe it will settle down eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Right, onto much more pressing matters........ Was going to do Naismith to Welbeck but did Naismith to Ulloa instead. Now I can afford to get Di Maria in but should I wait it out or take the 4 point hit and do it now...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Thanos wrote: »
    Right, onto much more pressing matters........ Was going to do Naismith to Welbeck but did Naismith to Ulloa instead. Now I can afford to get Di Maria in but should I wait it out or take the 4 point hit and do it now...?

Depends how much cash you have...he went up again last night and will probably go up again before next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Anyone else finding the defending this season being very hard to predict? Last season there were a number of teams who were solid and could be relied upon for CS's, not many this year.

I play 3 at the back, plus a GK is 20 players over the first 5 weeks - managed a total of 3 CS's.

In the league so far, 29 of 100 appearances have been CS's, they seem to be much harder to predict than in previous years. Maybe it will settle down eventually.

Cannot seem to count on anyone these days, had thought Cahill would keep a clean sheet yesterday but again he failed (5 games and only 1 clean sheet :( ) makes me wonder if i should go all cheap in defense.......

My gk has been poor but my defenders have done very well attacking wise to make up for clean sheets. I have 6 cs in total but Ivan, Clyne, Debuchy and Caulker have all scored attacking points.

Yeah I had Azpi @ £6.0m for the first few weeks thinking 'Chelsea at home, 7 out of their last 8 have been clean sheets at home' but nah. Short term variance though, we're only 5 weeks in and I'm sure at the end of the year we'll see the usual teams with the most clean sheets. Hopefully Pulis gets a job at a crap club so we can get some cheap clean sheets

• Advertisement
Advertisement