Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'm thinking of benching Welbeck too. I have Siggy, ADM, Silva, Fab, Sterling, Ulloa and Costa ahead of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

What's this weeks bib theory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

dahat wrote: »
    What's this weeks bib theory?

Mignolet, Manquillo, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Lallana, Sturridge, Balotelli

Interesting....

Btw, any other Differential FPL users having trouble with it since last night?

FHFC wrote: »
    Mignolet, Manquillo, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Lallana, Sturridge, Balotelli

Interesting....

Meh, was hoping Moreno would be left out this week as he has played quite a bit lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Meh, was hoping Moreno would be left out this week as he has played quite a bit lately.

Think he was benched for the CL game, maybe Enrique will get game time in that rather than the league.

Think he was benched for the CL game, maybe Enrique will get game time in that rather than the league.

Ah,didn't see any games during the week at all. Thanks for that.

More the Sturridge bit that I thought was interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

More the Sturridge bit that I thought was interesting.

Thought crossed my mind but I had my little heart set on RVP this week. Plus Liverpool have been poor, Studge can't be fully fit and WBA have done pretty well in the fixtures the last few years bar last season I think. Still I have another week of hexing Sterling and my luck is due to run out with a bang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I can play 3 of these 5, who would you choose:

van Aanholt (Stoke, H)
    Bertrand (Spurs, A)
    Wilson (Sunderland, A)
    Taylor (Newcastle, H)
    Chambers (Chelsea, A)

I think the two home defenders are a must anyway, and I'm currently choosing Wilson alongside those at present due to Sunderland's lack of goalscoring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Interesting....

That's their strongest team imo granted sturridge isn't fully fit. Be interested to see if it makes any difference from an attacking point of view as I think i'll be going without liverpool attacking coverage from next week. Mario getting his last run out for me tomorrow no matter what he does this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Paully D wrote: »
    I can play 3 of these 5, who would you choose:

van Aanholt (Stoke, H)
    Bertrand (Spurs, A)
    Wilson (Sunderland, A)
    Taylor (Newcastle, H)
    Chambers (Chelsea, A)

I think the two home defenders are a must anyway, and I'm currently choosing Wilson alongside those at present due to Sunderland's lack of goalscoring.

PvA, Bertrand, and Naylor for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Interesting....

That Liverpool attacking setup has goals in it, that's for sure. Fancy them to click soon and Liverpool attacking coverage is essential going forward i.m.o. - A lot have Sterling and I have him myself and am happy to hang on to him. Lallana tho could be gold, thought he looked v good vs Everton involved in so much attacking play and could be a very good punt @8.4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Very impressed with the "Game week live" feature on fantasyfootballfix.com today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

If you win a corner and the corner taker scores direct from it, do you get an assist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

8-10 wrote: »
    If you win a corner and the corner taker scores direct from it, do you get an assist?

I'd assume so as long as it was not a short corner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Highly unlikely considering you can't have touched it last and whoever did must have got a "significant deflection"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Highly unlikely considering you can't have touched it last and whoever did must have got a "significant deflection"

oh yes of course .....

That's what I would have thought but if you win a penalty after kicking the ball and the defender handling it, then you get an assist despite you not having touched the ball last, is it not similar?

• Advertisement

That's what I would have thought but if you win a penalty after kicking the ball and the defender handling it, then you get an assist despite you not having touched the ball last, is it not similar?

I wouldn't think so, for a handball technically the play is dead as soon as it touches the hand, it isn't a deflection.

If an opposing player touches the ball after the final pass before a goal is scored, significantly altering the intended destination of the ball, then no assist is awarded.(last bit from FPL rules)

Why do you ask?:pac:

I wouldn't think so, for a handball technically the play is dead as soon as it touches the hand, it isn't a deflection.

If an opposing player touches the ball after the final pass before a goal is scored, significantly altering the intended destination of the ball, then no assist is awarded.(last bit from FPL rules)

Why do you ask?:pac:

Ah ok yes that makes sense. No idea really just wondering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Anyone have any strong opinions as to where Walcott will line up on his return?

I suspect himself and Wellbeck will rotate up front. They have so many options on the right and very little up front. The way Wellbeck plays, on the shoulder of the last man, is how I think Wenger wants Walcott to play and the way Arsenal are now playing will really suit him.

With Champions League there's a lot of games to rotate between them. Obviously premier league is all that matters for us, so it may end up as luck of the draw some weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

7 weeks in and how are people doing points hits and wildcard wise?

I'm after taking a single 4 point hit and still have wildcard am 19k overall rank. Pretty pleased with all that but would like to gauge against others on here

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

KevIRL wrote: »

I'm after taking a single 4 point hit and still have wildcard am 19k overall rank. Pretty pleased with all that but would like to gauge against others on here

Exact same Kev except I'm 17k but in a spot of bother after Sunday's roll of the dice. Thinking I might need to use the WC to just tidy things up and set up until Christmas. Easily the best start I've made, despite my terrible judgment call in my replacements for Rooney and Ramsey.

It's a good time for me to regroup and regain my composure before I undo all my good work.

Edit: Just seen you post in the transfer thread so you know my sob story already :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Have taken 1 4 point hit also. No transfers last week so have 2 FTs this week. Used the WC 2 weeks ago. In 238k now, but 2 weeks ago was at 570k, so WC seems to have really kick started my season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

385 points. Sitting at 61,581. Wildcard used but no hits taken.

I'm being very conservative this year. Last week I was near a hit for Ade (2) to Pelle (9) so should have gone for it.

I'm happy with where I am. Once I can stay there or thereabouts until Xmas. That'll sort the men from the boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I took an 8 point hit on week 2, and then a four point hit on both week 3 and 5. Wildcard also played.

Last season I didn't make enough transfers and held onto players for fear of taking a hit while their value tailspinned. This season I'm not as scared to take hits, and even though I've taken a 16 point hit in total, my squad is so much stronger for it!

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Anyone have any strong opinions as to where Walcott will line up on his return?

I suspect himself and Wellbeck will rotate up front. They have so many options on the right and very little up front. The way Wellbeck plays, on the shoulder of the last man, is how I think Wenger wants Walcott to play and the way Arsenal are now playing will really suit him.

With Champions League there's a lot of games to rotate between them. Obviously premier league is all that matters for us, so it may end up as luck of the draw some weeks.

I'd be of the opinion that Walcott will only play up front if Welbeck is rested - or taken off in a game that they're cruising. A fit Welbeck will start the vast majority of games as the lone striker I believe. Walcott can be a demon in ff terms, tho the Ox's recent good form could be a cause for concern, with possible rotation of the 2. Will be keeping an eye on Walcott for sure tho

37K. WC used early, one hit since (-8 last week). V happy with my squad now tho, for the most part have managed my budget well and feel I'm in a good position to kick on.

manual_man wrote: »
    I'd be of the opinion that Walcott will only play up front if Welbeck is rested - or taken off in a game that they're cruising. A fit Welbeck will start the vast majority of games as the lone striker I believe. Walcott can be a demon in ff terms, tho the Ox's recent good form could be a cause for concern, with possible rotation of the 2. Will be keeping an eye on Walcott for sure tho

Walcott walks into that team ahead of Ox and Cazorla, they will find a spot for him on the wing. Welbecks pace will mean he's even more dangerous as the centre backs will have more to be worried about than when Giroud is the number 9. He'll be eased back in certainly but his rotation once fit wil be minimal IMO, everybody knows Arsenal are afar better team with him in it.

• Advertisement

Walcott walks into that team ahead of Ox and Cazorla, they will find a spot for him on the wing. Welbecks pace will mean he's even more dangerous as the centre backs will have more to be worried about than when Giroud is the number 9. He'll be eased back in certainly but his rotation once fit wil be minimal IMO, everybody knows Arsenal are afar better team with him in it.

Yeah we'll see. What you said about him being eased back in is very valid - his game time will definitely be managed, probably for a month or so. I have Welbeck so am happy to have him as my Arsenal coverage for the time being, tho Walcott is definitely on my radar. As well as Ramsey when he returns of course

The Q remains who would I sacrifice tho? My 3 big guns in midfield Sterling Fab and ADM have all been doing v well. Siggy has been doing excellently for his price tag also. Up front I have Kun Costa and Welbeck. I imagine many other managers are in the same situation. Ya can't have them all as they say! All the same things can change very quickly in this game - form/injuries... having the cojones to react quickly and a bit of luck will be the difference between having a very good finish and a good one

Just the one hit last week for -4 (Terry + Rooney 6pts for Aguero + Bertrand 9 pts). Bertrand stayed on my bench though, so Rooney -> Aguero is a switch i was happy to make, considering Utd's tough run of fixtures and his suspension.

Still have the wildcard, and am sitting in 2436th place overall on 420 points. Absolutely delighted with my start, easily my best overall. Averaging 60 pts per gameweek is phenomenal, in my book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

385 points overall.

Sitting at 62k in world.

Wildcard used.

One 4 point hit.

Happy with points and progress.

Decent squad but could also do with strengthening over the next few weeks.

GiftofGab wrote: »
    385 points overall.

Sitting at 62k in world.

Wildcard used.

One 4 point hit.

I'm on the exact same points. What's your squad?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭iba

385 points overall.

Sitting at 62k in world.

Wildcard used.

One 4 point hit.

Just behind you on 383 and 71k in the world

Overall Points383Overall Rank70,987

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

406 points, played the wildcard between GW3 and GW4 so I managed 91 points in GW4. 4 point hit was in GW3. On top of my main leagues and just inside the 11k mark in the overall rankings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm on the exact same points. What's your squad?
    Goalkeepers; Mannone, Krul
    Defenders: Azpil, Clyne, Wisdom, Wilson, Moore.
    Midfielders: Siggy, Fabregas, Di Maria, Sterling, Boyd.
    Attackers: Ulloa, Costa, Aguero (just transferred him in yesterday for Falcao).

Value: £102.2
    Bank: £0.2

What’s your squad?

Goalkeepers; Mannone, Krul
    Defenders: Azpil, Clyne, Wisdom, Wilson, Moore.
    Midfielders: Siggy, Fabregas, Di Maria, Sterling, Boyd.
    Attackers: Ulloa, Costa, Aguero (just transferred him in yesterday for Falcao).

Value: £102.2
    Bank: £0.2

What’s your squad?

Krul, Elliott
    Widsom, Moore, PvA, Taylor, Duff
    Siggy, Fabregas, Di Maria, Sterling, Marney
    Pelle, Costa, Aguero
    2.6 million banked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

I see a lot of guys in my mini league are talking about making changes because a lot of teams are very similar.

Currently only 25 points off the leader, I'm not crazy in thinking I'd prefer to keep scoring well with my in form players rather than trying to get in differentials at this early stage right?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

LostArt wrote: »
    I see a lot of guys in my mini league are talking about making changes because a lot of teams are very similar.

Currently only 25 points off the leader, I'm not crazy in thinking I'd prefer to keep scoring well with my in form players rather than trying to get in differentials at this early stage right?!

Let them all make changes and then you will also have a different team:cool:.
    I wouldnt worry about differentials at this stage in the slightest. Id be confident of making up 25 pts in 2 gws never mind 31 gws.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I think it's far too early to be thinking about differentials at this stage. I'd say for every 100 people who deviate from what develops as a standard solid team early doors, only 1 of them gets it in anyway right, while the other 99 spend weeks trying to get their season back on track.

Most people will find themselves having to make some sort of move for the top as the season goes on, but I'd much rather do that when teams and players have well and truly settled down and can make much better informed decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

LostArt wrote: »

I never understood thie whole love/need/appeal/search/... for differentials. Actually what is a differential? Aguero is only owned by 12.6%. Pellè 16.3%. So they're both great differentials aren't they?

And similar teams don't have to score the same. Just the captain choice and your chosen 11 could/would/will/is enough to make up or lose ground, e.g. whether or not you leave big points on your bench.

As I said earlier the difference between the ones who captained, owned and didn't own Costa for his big point haul is huge. I myself lost 16 pts there despite owning Costa. 16 pts could be a double differential.

If you own all the big guns let the others search for differentials. I can almost guarantee you that if they play that sort of game you'll be flying above them sooner than you think ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Also, if your differentials perform as well as you expect then everyone else will jump on and they won't be differentials anymore. That said, I'm considering Cesc out for Mané who's owned by a whopping 4586 people :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

407 points with a rank of 9,704.

Have made a transfer each week except gameweek 2 where I took my only 4 point hit. That was completely justified as it was Mata and Sturridge out for Sig and Costa.

Wildcarded the weekend before last also. Feel well set up for the next 7-8 GWs.

Team value is 102.4 with 0.5 in the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Dummett is out of Wales games (didn't even know hes Welsh!) hope he's back for Saturday week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

SantryRed wrote: »
    407 points with a rank of 9,704.

Have made a transfer each week except gameweek 2 where I took my only 4 point hit. That was completely justified as it was Mata and Sturridge out for Sig and Costa.

Wildcarded the weekend before last also. Feel well set up for the next 7-8 GWs.

Team value is 102.4 with 0.5 in the bank.

Wanted to add to this, was running out of work so didn't get the time.

This season I've been taking 0 risks regarding captaincies or long shots. Once I believed a player was performing well, I was straight onto getting him into the team, unlike my stubbornness with Ramsey and Toure last season.

Sterling is a player who is looking likely to being removed from my team atm, he's still scoring points but I'm not trusting that Liverpool attack at all. May move him on for Chadli and therefore upgrade my defense, which currently is made up of Bertrand, Taylor, Duff, Wisdom and Chambers.

Probably going Taylor to Azpi, as I haven't got Chelsea defensive cover atm and I think it's essential with the run they have coming up (22nd Nov onwards).

Everything's been thought out and calculated so far, hoping to remain that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

SantryRed wrote: »
    Wanted to add to this, was running out of work so didn't get the time.

This season I've been taking 0 risks regarding captaincies or long shots. Once I believed a player was performing well, I was straight onto getting him into the team, unlike my stubbornness with Ramsey and Toure last season.

Sterling is a player who is looking likely to being removed from my team atm, he's still scoring points but I'm not trusting that Liverpool attack at all. May move him on for Chadli and therefore upgrade my defense, which currently is made up of Bertrand, Taylor, Duff, Wisdom and Chambers.

Probably going Taylor to Azpi, as I haven't got Chelsea defensive cover atm and I think it's essential with the run they have coming up (22nd Nov onwards).

Everything's been thought out and calculated so far, hoping to remain that way!

I'm considering something similar, Sterling -> Chadli but in my case to allow me to get Aguero in.

My team is -

Lloris / McCarthy

O'Shea / Colo / Azpi / Taylor / Wilson

ADM / Sterling / Fabregas / Siggy / Boyd

Costa / Pelle / Dzeko

2m in bank

Got Dzeko in for Rooney last week, but think I need to upgrade to Aguero. Need another 1.8 to get there and downgrading Sterling to Chadli might be best option. Don't want to take a hit though so would still have Dzeko against Spurs.

I'm considering something similar, Sterling -> Chadli but in my case to allow me to get Aguero in.

My team is -

Lloris / McCarthy

O'Shea / Colo / Azpi / Taylor / Wilson

ADM / Sterling / Fabregas / Siggy / Boyd

Costa / Pelle / Dzeko

2m in bank

Got Dzeko in for Rooney last week, but think I need to upgrade to Aguero. Need another 1.8 to get there and downgrading Sterling to Chadli might be best option. Don't want to take a hit though so would still have Dzeko against Spurs.

Do you not think the Liverpool attack will improve when Sturridge returns? Liverpool also have good fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Lemlin wrote: »
    Do you not think the Liverpool attack will improve when Sturridge returns? Liverpool also have good fixtures.

Very true, but the risk of not having Aguero is increasingly worrying and, even as a Liverpool fan, I'm not overly-confident about their form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Would love to get Sturridge in, but who to drop of Aguero, Costa and Welbeck?

Can't justify dropping any of them at the moment, just going to have to hope Sterling is sufficient Liverpool coverage.

Advertisement