Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

31 today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

There was a bit of discussion in the off topic thread when it was first set up last year and it was surprising how 'mature' ;) many of the regular posters are. You'd think we were old enough to have more sense!

All the coolest posters are 37 it seems. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

FHFC wrote: »
    There was a bit of discussion in the off topic thread when it was first set up last year and it was surprising how 'mature' ;) many of the regular posters are. You'd think we were old enough to have more sense!

All the coolest posters are 37 it seems. :)

You mean have a '7' in their age:p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Turned 24 during the week so reading the last few posts makes me feel a little better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

32 (-4). Yeah people say I look younger :D...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Turnered 24 during the week so reading the last few posts makes me feel a little better :)

Fyp, :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

32. Had to bring an extra person in, in a recent transfer window and im starting to feel a bit of pressure from them to add another in the next ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Rikand wrote: »
    32. Had to bring an extra person in, in a recent transfer window and im starting to feel a bit of pressure from them to add another in the next ;)

That made me laugh. Had our 2nd kid recently and am trying to make it clear there is no more room in the squad. I may need to have an op in the future that will leave me red flagged for a number of weeks. My scoring potential may diminish short term but expect that to be offset by an increase in clean sheets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'm astonished Copper Pipe is so young (we really should have asked him for ID!) :eek:

That made me laugh. Had our 2nd kid recently and am trying to make it clear there is no more room in the squad. I may need to have an op in the future that will leave me red flagged for a number of weeks. My scoring potential may diminish short term but expect that to be offset by an increase in clean sheets.

Lol. I'm looking after 3 for the weekend while my assistant manager is away, so at this moment in time I'd tend to agree with your strategy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

manual_man wrote: »

I'm astonished Copper Pipe is so young (we really should have asked him for ID!) :eek:

I played my wildcard and slipped past the Fantasy Sports Arena bouncers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

26 which surely means red arrows :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

44. Expecting more in time, when subs are factored in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Same as Mr P, 24.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

28 here

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

37 in a few weeks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

32. I'd rather see red than gray at that age:D

FutureGuy wrote: »

Certainly seems to be the 'prime' age of the FPL manager! :) Must be about a third of those posting above all 37!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Hackers

38, just !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

32.. So somewhere in the middle I reckon! We'll fill these threads with Anything while we wait for Saturday

32.. So somewhere in the middle I reckon! We'll fill these threads with Anything while we wait for Saturday

Somebody create a poll! That'll pass the time!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    Certainly seems to be the 'prime' age of the FPL manager! :) Must be about a third of those posting above all 37!!

So at 30 I'm excelling well before my peak - have always seen myself as a bit of an FF Jose :D

Lemlin wrote: »
    So at 30 I'm excelling well before my peak - have always seen myself as a bit of an FF Jose :D

avb.jpg

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

WC used ages ago.
    2 points hits since.
    Stuck with AdeBouer up front. Legs going, frustrating most of the time, but every now and then reminds you why you picked her :)

Have only recently discovered that performances pick up when we're in negotiations ;) I'm trying to convince her I've taken enough hits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Shedite27 wrote: »
    wonder what the age profile of here is actually. 31 myself

Myself, Copper Pipe, Mr. Prodston and Jebforever are keeping the place fresh it appears :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

No.1 in the charts when i was born.

First couple of lines particularly apt for this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I just looked at this weekends fixtures for the first time and I'm in that shítty position of having no player in the Monday night game, I could be having a great weekend and DiMaria could wipe it all out in a few minutes. I hate tha:(t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Haven't made a transfer in 20 days. That must be some kind of record for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

My five midfielders are away this week : Fab, Sterl, ADM, Siggy (Albrighton) .
    Generally i wouldnt care about this as, it all balances out and i think my starting 4 have the potential to be immune to home/away.

Would many bother worrying about that ?
    Would you make transfers just to balance H/A in your midfield ?
    Sterling out for a mid with the opposite H/A shcdule next week seems the most likely option if i were to do that

miller82 wrote: »
    Generally i wouldnt care about this as, it all balances out and i think my starting 4 have the potential to be immune to home/away.

Sterling out for a mid with the opposite H/A shcdule next week seems the most likely option if i were to do that

I wouldn't be making any transfers, as they will all be home next week! They all scored last week so as you said yourself, it'll balance out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

*changes captain to Costa* :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm not captaining him either way but hope he plays!

km79 wrote: »
    I'm not captaining him either way but hope he plays!

10 min, one pointer would be awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

10 min, one pointer would be awesome

maybe I'll sell him for aguero.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

miller82 wrote: »

Yeah we discussed this previously. Add in Costa/Ivanovic to that mix and the bones of most teams will be home one week, away the next.

It would only make my captains choice harder if they alternated, otherwise, there's nobody worth dropping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

If they were thinking of giving Costa a rest, then this game would be one to do it, they have a 5 point lead, they "should" win and they have Man Utd next week.

Think I will be taking the armband off him......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Thanos wrote: »
    If they were thinking of giving Costa a rest, then this game would be one to do it, they have a 5 point lead, they "should" win and they have Man Utd next week.

Gahh!! That makes perfect sense. However I decided earlier that I should move back from Falcao to Costa on the basis of other valid arguments re: Aguero/Costa.
    • If you have Aguero (Falcoa) then that is enough of a differential due to low relative ownership.
    • The game Chelsea lost year which really cost them the title was the loss to Palace away at the end. The senior Chelsea players will be up for this game.
    • In a similar vein, Spurs will be up for the City game having been butchered twice last year (no relevance to Falcao)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Thanos wrote: »

I have to disagree. Maribor at home on Tuesday is the game to do it.

Chelsea lost to Palace last season away. I don't think Jose will take any chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Is anyone else contemplating putting Siggy on the bench for their bench fodder (Boyd - Home to West Ham)?

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Is anyone else contemplating putting Siggy on the bench for their bench fodder (Boyd - Home to West Ham)?

Is this a real question?! :)

Is this a real question?! :)

It sure is! Siggy has been away on internationals.. Not many of Swans squad has. Might not play the full 90. Burnley have to score at some stage :) Home fixture v Away Fixture too :)

• Advertisement

It sure is! Siggy has been away on internationals.. Not many of Swans squad has. Might not play the full 90. Burnley have to score at some stage :) Home fixture v Away Fixture too :)

Siggy has scored more goals away from home for Swansea

Siggy has scored more goals away from home for Swansea

*quickly changes his mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

No!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Who are fellas using as their 5th choice mid? I need to downgrade Larsson to a 4.9 so I can afford Aguero and it seems to be between Elmohady / Mahrez. Thoughts?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Not going to waste a second worrying on Costa. He'll either play or he won't. I'm not psychic. :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement