Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Who are fellas using as their 5th choice mid? I need to downgrade Larsson to a 4.9 so I can afford Aguero and it seems to be between Elmohady / Mahrez. Thoughts?

Why not downgrade to 4.4, the 0.5 might/should come in more useful elsewhere.
    Boyd for Burnley has started every game since signing and Tiote for Newcastle is 4.4 (but not if he's as guaranteed with full squad). Think there are a few more 4.4's out there worth a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

PARlance wrote: »
    Why not downgrade to 4.4, the 0.5 might/should come in more useful elsewhere.
    Boyd for Burnley has started every game since signing and Tiote for Newcastle is 4.4 (but not if he's as guaranteed with full squad). Think there are a few more 4.4's out there worth a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

km79 wrote: »

Likewise. And happy enough with him first sub.

FHFC wrote: »
    Likewise. And happy enough with him first sub.

I'd nearly prefer costa does not play......and was injured for a while
    Make things more interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Obertan is also 4.4m and Pardew has said he will start tomorrow

As long as Tomkins scores and Heaton saves a penalty ;). I would have a lot of interest in that match haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

FPL Website is acting up and I'm trying to use my wildcard. I'd love to hit a SW developer right about now...

I'd nearly prefer costa does not play......and was injured for a while
    Make things more interesting

The only downside would be Aguero as a differential would be history. At present having both is a slight break from the template.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭iba

Guys,

I need help. I feel that I should make a transfer but I do not know who to transfer. Any suggestions would be really welcome.

Have 4.2million in the bank:

http://gyazo.com/1b16107a118c4ef6bfaeef635d2659d2

http://i.gyazo.com/a27ab5843db4740f01eea9bdc00118a6.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

iba wrote: »
    Guys,

I need help. I feel that I should make a transfer but I do not know who to transfer. Any suggestions would be really welcome.

Have 4.2million in the bank:

http://gyazo.com/1b16107a118c4ef6bfaeef635d2659d2

Rooney to Aguero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Do people think it would be a good idea to afford some sort of additional point(s) for players who score from their own "assist", e.g. those that score from penalties or free kicks that they win themselves, or are you happy with things as they are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Paully D wrote: »
    Do people think it would be a good idea to afford some sort of additional point(s) for players who score from their own "assist", e.g. those that score from penalties or free kicks that they win themselves, or are you happy with things as they are?

Grand as is imo

Well, the early game being a non event myth and the manager/player (Koeman/Pelle) of the month jinx were fairly shattered today!

Well, the early game being a non event myth and the manager/player (Koeman/Pelle) of the month jinx were fairly shattered today!

2 other jinxes dispelled too
    never captain early game player
    never captain baines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Gonna see the breakup of the 'template' midfield 4 after today it looks like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

KevIRL wrote: »

Yup, Sterling most likely to be shipped out I imagine

A lot of templates will be changed tonight no doubt, which is hard to believe when you say that the only one of the 4 to have played has got 8 points and the other 3 have favourable fixtures still to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

That's fine as it is but there should be no vice captain!!:)

There used to be just one captain choice and I disagreed with the introduction of a vc when it came in. You should have to make your bed and lie in it. So many people will get away with captaining Costa today. Yes, some would have taken the chance that he'd either start or not play at all. But the simple fact is that if people captained him they thought there was a chance he'd play. He could have been left on the bench and brought on as a late sub if Chelsea were looking for a goal!
    This vc nonsense really does my nut in and it's because of days like today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

A lot of templates will be changed tonight no doubt, which is hard to believe when you say that the only one of the 4 to have played has got 8 points and the other 3 have favourable fixtures still to come.
    It's always the danger when you're talking about transfers with fixtures still to come. Sterling could rattle in a hatrick tomorrow and it would all change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

G1032 wrote: »
    That's fine as it is but there should be no vice captain!!:)

There used to be just one captain choice and I disagreed with the introduction of a vc when it came in. You should have to make your bed and lie in it. So many people will get away with captaining Costa today. Yes, some would have taken the chance that he'd either start or not play at all. But the simple fact is that if people captained him they thought there was a chance he'd play. He could have been left on the bench and brought on as a late sub if Chelsea were looking for a goal!
    This vc nonsense really does my nut in and it's because of days like today.

If there was no VC I would have captained Aguero, as I imagine many others would have. The Mail had it last night that Costa could be out for 3 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Lemlin wrote: »
    If there was no VC I would have captained Aguero, as I imagine many others would have. The Mail had it last night that Costa could be out for 3 weeks.

But that's just the thing. It was The Daily Fail that had the news!! Who is ever going to believe the Daily Mail?? There are many many active players who still would have captained Costa

G1032 wrote: »
    But that's just the thing. It was The Daily Fail that had the news!! Who is ever going to believe the Daily Mail?? There are many many active players who still would have captained Costa

The Telegraph had it too and a number of journalists tweeted it.

This was also tweeted twenty minutes before deadline:

@chelseayouth: No Dominic Solanke for the U21s today; with question marks about several senior forwards at Palace, keep an eye on his whereabouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

The Telegraph had it too and a number of journalists tweeted it.

This was also tweeted twenty minutes before deadline:

@chelseayouth: No Dominic Solanke for the U21s today; with question marks about several senior forwards at Palace, keep an eye on his whereabouts.

But do you believe them when they say he could be out for 3 weeks?
    He'll play against united.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    But do you believe them when they say he could be out for 3 weeks?
    He'll play against united.

I agree re playing against United. Jose tried to pressure Spain into not playing him because he wanted him to have two weeks off.

By the time they play United, he'll now have had those two weeks off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I tend to agree with G1032 on this although I am certain that you (Lemlin) wouldn't have been caught out there are hundreds of thousands who would, we've all seen the posts here making light of any mention of an injury to Costa. I don't see the point of the VC to be honest. There's enough of an element of fortune or misfortune to this game anyway to allow for the occasional disaster when your captain is given a rest or has a late injury or whatever, it would have been huge for the Aguero captainers (moi obviously) today. As you said in another thread we won't know where we stand now till the autosubs etc are sorted late on Monday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Yes that's the great thing about today. It's been a smooth run for a lot of people so far .Lots of decisions to be made now and loads of options. Teams will be a lot different over the next few weeks which is great for the game.

As long as Sterling doesn't blank, I won't be breaking it up. No matter how much I want Baines or Tadic.
    Sterling 5,500 transfers out today though...
    Also, Harper and Dawson might be out for next weekend. Could be a bloodbath if Sterling starts

Just some food for thought:

Baines' scoring average is 5.5 points per game
    Seamie's scoring average is 6.6 points per game

Based on mins played divided by points * 90mins

(And also based on the fact that I'm 0.1 short of getting Baines)

I see a lot of people loading up on Southampton players (with many having 3 now - defender, Tadic and Pelle). Their next 4 fixtures are very nice, so maybe it will be worth it with a plan to move one or two out after that, but from the end of November until the end of January, they play the following:

af31fbead23226b735c2a3538ec56c8c.png

Personally I think they have around 4 nice games in that 11 game spell, 3 of which are away from home.

I see a lot of people loading up on Southampton players (with many having 3 now - defender, Tadic and Pelle). Their next 4 fixtures are very nice, so maybe it will be worth it with a plan to move one or two out after that, but from the end of November until the end of January, they play the following:

af31fbead23226b735c2a3538ec56c8c.png

Personally I think they have around 4 nice games in that 11 game spell, 3 of which are away from home.
    yeah that's why I've decided to stick with just tadic now and not bring in pelle for wellbeck. will need to use more transfers to move them back out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Dont see what Southampton have to fear. United & Arsenal have frailties, far better form than Burnley, Crystal Palace & Everton at the moment just wouldnt be expecting as many clean sheets or high scoring games is all. Id expect Tadic & Pelle be the most likely source of their scores in the tight games. The bigger worry is that the christmas period is a patch job for all teams.

I'm doubled up in defence with Southampton players, thats the issue I'll have to deal with over the next few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Sorry guys, don't see it with Tadic.

Before yesterday, Southampton had scored 11 in 7 games, hardly prolific, of which he had 3 assists.

Yesterday was a freak result. Another 7 games to Christmas and I reckon he'll have 1 goal and 4 assists in those combined

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Sorry guys, don't see it with Tadic.

Before yesterday, Southampton had scored 11 in 7 games, hardly prolific, of which he had 3 assists.

Yesterday was a freak result. Another 7 games to Christmas and I reckon he'll have 1 goal and 4 assists in those combined

That would be a cracking return for a £7.5m midfielder in 7 games.

That would be a cracking return for a £7.5m midfielder in 7 games.

Yep, that's a return in every game bar two.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

In his interview after the game for MOTD Tadic said something along the lines of being known as "King of Assists" in the Dutch league and was aiming to replicate that here.

A confident, inform, talented player with 4 immediately great fixtures and garnering price rises whilst feeding Pelle and being on penalties. Yes please :)

Does anyone know the deal with Price protection in terms of someone that may rise/getting NTIs? Is protection only from a drop?

Coleman is protected at present and only has modest rises but it'd be great if they didn't count (it would prob let me leave the transfer until he plays in Europe)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Does anyone know the deal with Price protection in terms of someone that may rise/getting NTIs? Is protection only from a drop?

Coleman is protected at present and only has modest rises but it'd be great if they didn't count (it would prob let me leave the transfer until he plays in Europe)

Protection means their price is frozen.

In his interview after the game for MOTD Tadic said something along the lines of being known as "King of Assists" in the Dutch league and was aiming to replicate that here.

A confident, inform, talented player with 4 immediately great fixtures and garnering price rises whilst feeding Pelle and being on penalties. Yes please :)

He did indeed say that. From his Wiki about his time at Groningen:
    In 2010, Vojvodina sold Dušan Tadić to FC Groningen for the equivalent of €1.23 million. He had the third highest number of assists in Europe for the 2010–11 season. He played for Groningen from 2010 to 2012, before being transferred to FC Twente

Ive a feeling aguero will be on the bench for city in moscow. They left Him on for the 90 yesterday even though the game was won which was a bit strange if they planned to start him. Dzeko failing to get any gametime so Id imagine he will definetly start. Hopefully this happens aguero Capt next week again would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Ive a feeling aguero will be on the bench for city in moscow. They left Him on for the 90 yesterday even though the game was won which was a bit strange if they planned to start him. Dzeko failing to get any gametime so Id imagine he will definetly start. Hopefully this happens aguero Capt next week again would be nice.

Are you insane?Aguero will start and unless they are battering CSKA he wont come off.
    They need 3 points and not going to risk the champions league now and this takes priority for them this year.
    If anything aguero might not play all of the west ham game maybe on at the 60 min and keep him rested for the united game.

• Advertisement

Are you insane?Aguero will start and unless they are battering CSKA he wont come off.
    They need 3 points and not going to risk the champions league now and this takes priority for them this year.
    If anything aguero might not play all of the west ham game maybe on at the 60 min and keep him rested for the united game.

Possibly I thought it was strange to leave him on for the full game yesterday and because of that I think there's a chance he won't start. Before yesterday I'd have said he will 100% start against Moscow I still think he will but I'd have some slight doubts now. If I was city manager I'd have had my main man off at 3 1 with the opposition down to ten men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Possibly I thought it was strange to leave him on for the full game yesterday and because of that I think there's a chance he won't start. Before yesterday I'd have said he will 100% start against Moscow I still think he will but I'd have some slight doubts now. If I was city manager I'd have had my main man off at 3 1 with the opposition down to ten men.

Yea I agree but he looked unreal on the pitch.He will def play in my opinion.

Did Jovetic come on for Silva just before or after 3-1? Can't remember.

I'd say the plan would have been to rest him but Frank going off in the first half wouldn't have helped that. And game wasn't won until 20 mins to go. Even at 3-1 it was the type of game that anything could have happened so I probably would have left him on.
    If they took him straight of at 3-1 for Yaya then a quick Spurs goal would have made it look like a very bad decision imo.

Did Jovetic come on for Silva just before or after 3-1? Can't remember.

I'd say the plan would have been to rest him but Frank going off in the first half wouldn't have helped that. And game wasn't won until 20 mins to go. Even at 3-1 it was the type of game that anything could have happened so I probably would have left him on.
    If they took him straight of at 3-1 for Yaya then a quick Spurs goal would have made it look like a very bad decision imo.

Jovetic came on for silva after the 3 1 when spurs had gone down to 10.

I agree with this. The game against CSKA is behind closed doors due to previous fan trouble so should be less daunting for City.

Although Aguero could easily play Tuesday night and again next Saturday because he can rest for a week then. He didn't play much over the international break so is fairly rested already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Which one of the template players gonna get shipped for getting Tadic in though? Di Maria if you were to go by fixtures but would then be short of Utd coverage. Sterling is next in line but I think he is going to go seriously well over the next few weeks. He is LFC's best player at the moment. I dont have enough to upgrade Siggy and Fabregas is pretty much undroppable!

I have Welbeck instead of Pelle!

Which one of the template players gonna get shipped for getting Tadic in though? Di Maria if you were to go by fixtures but would then be short of Utd coverage. Sterling is next in line but I think he is going to go seriously well over the next few weeks. He is LFC's best player at the moment. I dont have enough to upgrade Siggy and Fabregas is pretty much undroppable!

I'd prefer to get rid of Siggy. His form and underlying stats have dropped drastically and his fixtures not good. However as you say dropping him doesn't free up enough cash.

Will probably lose sterling but dropping ADM has crossed my mind.

Btw. Is Barkley back on anyone's watch list after his quite impressive return at the weekend? May be my Siggy replacement over next couple of weeks or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

FHFC wrote: »
    I'd prefer to get rid of Siggy. His form and underlying stats have dropped drastically and his fixtures not good. However as you say dropping him doesn't free up enough cash.

Will probably lose sterling but dropping ADM has crossed my mind.

Btw. Is Barkley back on anyone's watch list after his quite impressive return at the weekend? May be my Siggy replacement over next couple of weeks or so.

Yeah, Siggy to Tadic would be my preferred choice. But I simply can't afford it.

I'm very wary of getting rid of either Sterling or ADM. Tadic looks like the read deal, but it's hard to know!

My only worry about Sterling is his playing time. This whole "fatigue" issue has really blown up.

I am going to save my transfer I think but I can see Sterling being rested next week with the Madrid game.

• Advertisement

I can't see him being rested against Hull. They can rest him against Swansea in the League Cup the next midweek. Hull could be on their 3rd choice keeper and without Dawson, although they proved tough to break down against Arsenal.

Advertisement