Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

Took Tadic out on Saturday morning and replaced him with ADM(who I have captain tonight). I left Schneiderlin in and he only got me 5 points - what was I thinking?!

Very frustrating!

On the plus side I have Pelle and still have my wildcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

hsbc wrote: »
    Took Tadic out on Saturday morning and replaced him with ADM(who I have captain tonight). I left Schneiderlin in and he only got me 5 points - what was I thinking?!

Very frustrating!

On the plus side I have Pelle and still have my wildcard.

Hindsight, me aul' flower ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Up to 1.1k overall and in the Top 100 in Ireland.

Still have DiMaria to play and Boyd's points to come in.

Be amazing if i stay in this position after tonight's game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

It seems the majority on the forum got really good bumps in overall ranking this week.

As long as Di Maria doesn't go mental altogether we should be ok. I'd like him to get a goal but not to outscore Pelle and Aguero for abvious reasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

dahat wrote: »
    It seems the majority on the forum got really good bumps in overall ranking this week.

As long as Di Maria doesn't go mental altogether we should be ok. I'd like him to get a goal but not to outscore Pelle and Aguero for abvious reasons

With Costa not playing, I think the subs and vice-captain calculations will have a huge impact on gameweek ranking. I'm just inside the top 100k this week, but I expect to fall quite a bit once all those Aguero vice-captaincies kick in.

• Advertisement

With Costa not playing, I think the subs and vice-captain calculations will have a huge impact on gameweek ranking. I'm just inside the top 100k this week, but I expect to fall quite a bit once all those Aguero vice-captaincies kick in.

I dont think it will have a big effect as you anticipate.. only 12% ownership of him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭G1032

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I dont think it will have a big effect as you anticipate.. only 12% ownership of him!

Just 3.8% of players have Aguero as VC according to http://fantasyfootballfix.com/live/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

This is the thing. And of that 12%, how many had Costa(C) and Aguero (VC)? Couldn't be more than half of the 12%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Yeah but I'd imagine a lot of that 12% is concentrated towards the sharp end of the table.

In the captains poll on here, Costa had 46% of the votes; you'd imagine a lot of those captaincies will go to Aguero, Sanchez, Welbeck, Cesc, Sterling who all had good weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Its been one of those gameweeks where people can make massive gains in the overall rankings. For a non DiMaria owner like me a quiet night for him tonight would be a huge bonus, he's likely to be he most popular VC, my 95 is a huge score at the moment but double figure for Angel tonight would reduce my gains massively. So while I wish ye all nothing but good things in life I'll be cursing ye if he runs riot tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

G1032 wrote: »
    Just 3.8% of players have Aguero as VC according to http://fantasyfootballfix.com/live/

I think a big score from ADM who is a more popular vc could be more crucial.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'll either take a nice 5-7 pointer from ADM or a red card to hurt VCers and so I can transfer him out :pac:

I want specifically 6 points from ADM. I need that to make 100, but anything more means others in my league who have him captained will be gaining ground.

I want specifically 6 points from ADM. I need that to make 100, but anything more means others in my league who have him captained will be gaining ground.

I bid for 8

I'd actually welcome 1-0 to WBA. I have ADM and Wisdom to come in also for Costa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Anything less than a hattrick and two assists for ADM will be disappointing :P A repeat of the 5-5 game from last year would be perfect.

Interesting random stat on Second Captains. Chambers has been booked 5 times in 5 games this season. Last season he wasn't booked at all for Southampton.

FHFC wrote: »
    I think a big score from ADM who is a more popular vc could be more crucial.

This I agree with!

I don't think a lot of players at high end of table have Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ive a feeling aguero will be on the bench for city in moscow. They left Him on for the 90 yesterday even though the game was won which was a bit strange if they planned to start him. Dzeko failing to get any gametime so Id imagine he will definetly start. Hopefully this happens aguero Capt next week again would be nice.

Watching SSN Im almost certain I saw aguero standing talking to pellegrenni while the rest of the squad trained.

Only copped now that since gw2 Clichy and Kolarov have been rotated every gw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Watching SSN Im almost certain I saw aguero standing talking to pellegrenni while the rest of the squad trained.

Do you think he could be injured?

Lemlin wrote: »

I'm not definite it was him but don't think he would be injured pellegrenni isn't very secretive and if he was they wouldve left him at home.Had a glance on a city forum and a lot of them seem to think it could be Dzeko up top on his own tonight.

This is what BR & other foreign coaches have been saying.. Explosive players need tailored training regimes & 2 Days Rest :)

I'd imagine it is a cause of this but also that he may not start in the CL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

He took a bang to the back at one stage v Spurs. It's the sort of injury that you could run off, but then wake up the next day feeling like a train hit you. With him playing 90mns plus Dzeko playing nothing, I'd fully expect Dzeko/Jovetic to play in Moscow.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    He took a bang to the back at one stage v Spurs. It's the sort of injury that you could run off, but then wake up the next day feeling like a train hit you. With him playing 90mns plus Dzeko playing nothing, I'd fully expect Dzeko/Jovetic to play in Moscow.

Hopefully that's it because I'm expecting to captain him this weekend away to West Ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Hopefully that's it because I'm expecting to captain him this weekend away to West Ham.

What about Pelle home to Stoke ?

We need one of those people who can make the statistical analysis about how many goals Aguero has scored against west ham in the last 2-3 years :)

Rikand wrote: »
    What about Pelle home to Stoke ?

We need one of those people who can make the statistical analysis about how many goals Aguero has scored against west ham in the last 2-3 years :)

It's a toss up between the two but Aguero could have had a hat trick against Villa and scored four against Spurs.

It's a toss up between the two but Aguero could have had a hat trick against Villa and scored four against Spurs.

Should have scored 5 and could have scored about 7 against Spurs!

Don't have stats for West Ham, all I know is Aguero is bleedin magnificent at the moment and will most likely by my captain too!

FHFC wrote: »
    Should have scored 5 and could have scored about 7 against Spurs!

Don't have stats for West Ham, all I know is Aguero is bleedin magnificent at the moment and will most likely by my captain too!

Apparently he got 16 points in the corresponding fixture last season. Courtesy of the lads on the Captain thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I got really lucky last weekend, had Costa as Captain and Pelle as VC :D 76 points boosts me up my leagues!

Bandwagon statistic

Bandwagon player in question: Eric Dier

Points per game: gameweeks 1-2 14.5pts
    gameweeks 3-8 0.66pts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

manual_man wrote: »
    Bandwagon statistic

gameweeks 3-8 0.66pts

lol

I brought Dier in for gameweek 3, shipped him out for gameweek 6 :D

Tadic won't be the same!!!

Bandwagon statistic

gameweeks 3-8 0.66pts

I still hate that word "bandwagon" because I think it is used out of context alot but, by god, he was some bandwagon. In fairness though, a few got good price rises out of him.

Rikand wrote: »
    lol

I brought Dier in for gameweek 3, shipped him out for gameweek 6 :D

Tadic won't be the same!!!

Tadic looks a proper class player in fairness, with stats to back it up.. . And on penos

Just put it up re. Dier as a prime example of how jumping on a particular band wagon (for price rises???) can come back to bite ya in the ass ! Points count, ultimately. And transfers are precious. He must have been owned by a good million managers at one stage tho. Which is absolute madness i .m .o , when you consider the stricter requirements for additional game week rises, the doubts over his future game time, etc. Anything can happen tho! The Baines bus might crash now that so many of us have jumped on it! (Lets hope it doesn't :o)

I still hate that word "bandwagon" because I think it is used out of context alot but, by god, he was some bandwagon. In fairness though, a few got good price rises out of him.

I agree its used out of context, but not in this case ! ! !

And r e . the price rises, at what cost tho? Points lost and likewise transfers that could have been used better to improve your team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Aguero starts for City this evening...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Oh ****.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

They'll look to put the game to bed early and get him off early IMO.

Expected it. City at full-strength. They badly need the win. With a bit of luck they get a 2+ goal lead and he can be taken off early.

I agree its used out of context, but not in this case ! ! !

And r e . the price rises, at what cost tho? Points lost and likewise transfers that could have been used better to improve your team

In fairness though, this is actually a season, like I said last week, where plenty of people have found themselves with additional transfers. Have a look at the past two Transfer threads and you'll find people using transfers because they have had to.

I myself did Dummett to Duff one week. Would have happily left that transfer.

• Advertisement

In fairness though, this is actually a season, like I said last week, where plenty of people have found themselves with additional transfers. Have a look at the past two Transfer threads and you'll find people using transfers because they have had to.

I myself did Dummett to Duff one week. Would have happily left that transfer.

Thats happened as teams became more settled (and similar). And also with a good number of gameweeks to make better informed decisions. Its handy to have a gameweek when you have 2 F/T and no pressing changes, but its also a rarity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

not surprised, it's a must win for them. Hopefully they've the game won by 60 mins and he can have a rest

Anybody playing the fantasyleague.com version of the game?

Playing it for the first time this season and i'm really enjoying it! it has its own set of challenges (quite distinct from say the official game). For those unaware, it is a paid game (£10/£15/£20 options), with the main competition and some other secondary competitions for interest, all with various prizes up for grabs. Anyway just curious if any other FSA folk are playin it, if there's genuine interest i may set up a dedicated thread!

Its nice to have some alternatives :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Anybody playing the fantasyleague.com version of the game?

Playing it for the first time this season and i'm really enjoying it! it has its own set of challenges (quite distinct from say the official game). For those unaware, it is a paid game (£10/£15/£20 options), with the main competition and some other secondary competitions for interest, all with various prizes up for grabs. Anyway just curious if any other FSA folk are playin it, if there's genuine interest i may set up a dedicated thread!

Its nice to have some alternatives :)

I'd be interested but I have no team set up. Is it too late to set up a league were everyone starts from scratch?

Our 4 million FSA Leicester legend Liam Moore is being linked with Chelsea and City in the papers today :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Our 4 million FSA Leicester legend Liam Moore is being linked with Chelsea and City in the papers today :D:D:D:D

Would be a nightmare if he moved in Jan. Wouldn't be starting for either of them

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Considering that I'll bench Wilson against Southampton...

Moore (Away to Swansea) or Duff (Home to Everton) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

bezuaua wrote: »
    Considering that I'll bench Wilson against Southampton...

Moore (Away to Swansea) or Duff (Home to Everton) ?
    I also have Wilson and am also benching but I'm considering playing pVA against arsenal . Expect them to tighten up and get a reaction . However poyet will drop a few so who knows of he will play
    After that I'm left with Wilson or Moore as well........both will concede so it's a tough call
    Gonna go with home defender pVA anyway and hope for the best !

ADM, Hazard or sanchez only taking this weekends game into consideration?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

ADM, Hazard or sanchez only taking this weekends game into consideration?

On paper Sanchez. Sunderland will want to bounce back but can they? They've been destroyed last week and are probably still shocked. Arsenal should be fired up after their late comeback yesterday.

Hazard facing the current United defense could do big damage though.

I would forget about ADM if it's only for this game. We don't even know yet if he'll be fit for the game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement