Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Aaron Creswell got another assist yesterday and is now 5.4. After I upgrade Duff to Chambers, I am thinking about changing Taylor to Creswell to leave me with a defence of Kaboul, Chambers, Creswell, Moore and Wisdom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Lemlin wrote: »
    Aaron Creswell got another assist yesterday and is now 5.4. After I upgrade Duff to Chambers, I am thinking about changing Taylor to Creswell to leave me with a defence of Kaboul, Chambers, Creswell, Moore and Wisdom.
    I'm thinking very similar. I've said it before, but as an admittedly biased WHU fan, Cresswell looks like a young Baines, he is fantastic going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lemlin wrote: »

He's caught my attention too.
    I'll be having a look at United's defence over the next few weeks to see if there's any signs of improvement, if so, Jones at 5.3 will challenge Creswell.

I'm going to keep an eye on Jones' bps points, I fear a switch to 4 at the back will result in a lot less of them for Jones. He was mopping them up before injury but I think that was largely due to him being giving a role where he was getting up and down the RHS as part of a back 3.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'm thinking very similar. I've said it before, but as an admittedly biased WHU fan, Cresswell looks like a young Baines, he is fantastic going forward.

West Ham have a good run coming up so I'd expect a few clean sheets in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Cresswell is one of the first names on my list for the WC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

who is better berahino or sakho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Cresswell is one of the first names on my list for the WC

Are you grtting any closer to using yours ? Not sure I can wait till the international break lol

Rikand wrote: »
    Are you grtting any closer to using yours ? Not sure I can wait till the international break lol

I'm thinking this week but not sure yet, see how today goes first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Just toyed with 5 or 6 transfers for my wildcard and I'm not sure using it at the moment makes my team any stronger. Want to keep my front 3 of Aguero, Costa and Pelle. Also want to keep Fab and ADM, so there's very little wiggle room for me after that.

might just make a simple transfer of Duff to Cresswell/someone else for this week and see where that takes us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I've some transfers I need to make but am happy with the bulk of my team. But every week it seems is going to be a "will I won't I" so I'm nearly tempted to use it for the sake of it.

Would need to be making at least 5 or 6 transfers to warrant it though. Chances are there will be weeks where I'm more stuck so may hold for now.

Should Ivanovic be credited with a CS this week? It was 1-0 when he was sent off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Should Ivanovic be credited with a CS this week? It was 1-0 when he was sent off.

From the rules:
    Red Cards

If a player receives a red card, they will continue to be penalised for goals conceded by their team.
    Red card deductions include any points deducted for yellow cards

A simple question on the face of it:

Who is the best keeper to have going forwards that isn't Courtois?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

A simple question on the face of it:

Who is the best keeper to have going forwards that isn't Courtois?

On form and fixtures you'd have to say Forster.

irish son wrote: »
    On form and fixtures you'd have to say Forster.

I agree. 5 clean sheets I think he has now. I plan to hold him and see how he does even in their tougher fixtures.

Interesting stat from MoTD on Twitter:

@BBCMOTD: Leighton Baines now has 28 assists since the start of 2010-11 – 14 more than any other defender in that time #MOTD2 http://t.co/Pi9XTj4d67

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

a6a64b987320b8ee0c207c2dc4ac4674.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Time to sell Costa I think....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Dempsey wrote: »
    Time to sell Costa I think....

I think so, he'll be a doubt every week until he gets that's op. Not worth the risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I think so, he'll be a doubt every week until he gets that's op. Not worth the risk.

He's safe for the next 2 games. No way are they getting it done before Liverpool away

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭chickendinner

Fate, I dont believe in the word. 4 weeks ago I had hit the sauce too hard and paid the iron price
    In trainspoting that ceiling baby is no joke, to shiver in a hot bath is not a good sign
    but there I was,

I was taking a break, and things were looking up, that job i dindt like
    I was now spending more time at, that girl I dindt know still dindt know she didnt like me yet
    The money I saved on sauce now was being spent on expensive,
    look at me I am conscious about what goes into my body health foods
    Within the confines of my fantasy mind I was in the zone, only my fantasy team within the real world reflected this.
    There was too much Ironing so I decided to check on my fantasy football team

I knew I was crushing it, but decided to check out the overall leagues for the month of October
    and there I was, Joint 1st with some guy from india.

XK52Rzb.png

After going over our teams to see it was a draw I felt much like this guy
    A8etkaH.gif

Until I saw it,
    He was hidden in the left hand corner on his bench
    I imagined my Indian foe singing the Beatles in my mind All you need is one

wSnXbD5.png

What a kruel twist of fate.

manual_man wrote: »
    He's safe for the next 2 games. No way are they getting it done before Liverpool away
    He also won't be getting the op until Remy is back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

What's going on with Siggy he seems to be getting hauled off recently.

Bit the bullet and took out Sterling for Tadic also.

6/7 of the last meetings between Chelsea and QPR have had no more than a solitary goal :eek:

• Advertisement

6/7 of the last meetings between Chelsea and QPR have had no more than a solitary goal :eek:

7/8 and I could kiss you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

How many goals were in the 7th game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Pre Costa... :)

it's a funny aul' thing. chelsea are expected to win easy, but it's a derby and as i pointed out the majority of meetings between the sides in recent times have been very tight affairs. i watched QPR last night and they look much improved, their tails are up. they'll be going there to do a jose on jose. 0-0 anyone? :eek: i still expect chelsea to win but it could be one of those if it's 0-0 at h/t...... fecking statistics:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

FHFC wrote: »
    Pre Costa... :)

Ah he won't be 100%.

Im expecting Chelseas greatest ever to start ;)

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    How many goals were in the 7th game?

6-1 to Chelsea! Torres got half his Chelsea goals (or thereabouts) in that match

I consider to captain Sanchez at home to Burnley anyway.

8 points for Costa with Fabregas assist will do.

6-1 to Chelsea! Torres got half his Chelsea goals (or thereabouts) in that match

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Scored one did he? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ah he won't be 100%.

Im expecting Chelseas greatest ever to start ;)

But Lampard plays for City now. :confused:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Just looking ahead from a Liverpool perspective and Sterling owners (and potentially Sturridge owners). In month of December Liverpool have 9 matches so expect a lot of rotation! Some important games there two especially 09.12 to 21.12.

02.12 Leicester (A)
    06,12 Sunderland (H)
    09.12 Basel (H)
    14.12 Manu (A)
    17.12/18.12 Bournemouth (A)
    21.12 Arsenal (H)
    26.12 Burnley (A)
    29.12 Swansea (H)
    01.01 Leceister (H)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

El festino wrote: »
    Just looking ahead from a Liverpool perspective and Sterling owners (and potentially Sturridge owners). In month of December Liverpool have 9 matches so expect a lot of rotation! Some important games there two especially 09.12 to 21.12.

02.12 Leicester (A)
    06,12 Sunderland (H)
    09.12 Basel (H)
    14.12 Manu (A)
    17.12/18.12 Bournemouth (A)
    21.12 Arsenal (H)
    26.12 Burnley (A)
    29.12 Swansea (H)
    01.01 Leceister (H)

On the Xmas period that liverpool swansea game is on the 29th everyone else plays the 28th after a full round of games on the 26th. 3 days between games instead of 2 days might see me double up on sterling sturridge if there form picks up. Aguero for example I can't see starting on the 28th at home to Burnley same happened last year when a fair few of us captained Dzeko for the 28th game.

when is the Chelsea press conference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Who to bench?

Siggy (Everton A)
    Eriksen (Villa A)
    Sterling (Newcastle A)
    Tadic (Hull A)
    Di Maria (City A)

Playing 3 forwards with no double up on teams, leaning towards Siggy at the moment but not sure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Dice75 wrote: »
    Who to bench?

Siggy (Everton A)
    Eriksen (Villa A)
    Sterling (Newcastle A)
    Tadic (Hull A)
    Di Maria (City A)

Playing 3 forwards with no double up on teams, leaning towards Siggy at the moment but not sure?

What 3 forwards are you playing out of interest?

edit: to answer your actual question, I'd go with Siggy too, probably.

• Advertisement

What 3 forwards are you playing out of interest?

edit: to answer your actual question, I'd go with Siggy too, probably.

Costa/Lukaku/Berahino

Obv Siggy comes in should Costa be out

Dice75 wrote: »
    Costa/Lukaku/Berahino

Obv Siggy comes in should Costa be out

I think your problem is you'll always have quite an expensive player on the bench. Of course it's nice to have options, but it ties up quite a bit of money.

For example, if you downgraded Siggy to a cheapie (boyd, for example) you could have Hazard instead of Sterling.

I think your problem is you'll always have quite an expensive player on the bench. Of course it's nice to have options, but it ties up quite a bit of money.

For example, if you downgraded Siggy to a cheapie (boyd, for example) you could have Hazard instead of Sterling.

Plan on using WC at next international break to probably get Aguero in for Lukaku (who is only in short term in place of Falcao), Berahino was my cheapie bench option but can't drop him at the moment (Leicester Away this week)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Have many doubled up in Fabregas & Hazard? Fixtures are good over the next few weeks. I don't have Costa at the moment, mainly because of Welbecks fixture this weekend & Pelle's form overall means he is undroppable. I've a big call to make. It will be ADM on the chopping block if I go for it

Have many doubled up in Fabregas & Hazard? Fixtures are good over the next few weeks. I don't have Costa at the moment, mainly because of Welbecks fixture this weekend & Pelle's form overall means he is undroppable. I've a big call to make. It will be ADM on the chopping block if I go for it

Yeah I brought in Hazard for Sterling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Yeah I brought in Hazard for Sterling

+1

Hazard, Fab and Costa for now. Hoping for a 7 or 8 nil win against QPR at least! :)

Each to their own, but I don't agree with this approach. I always like to have a sub that I'm happy to have come in (at the moment it's Seb Larsson), between Costa's injury, Cesc nearing a suspension, Sterling getting rested, you'd be surprised the amout of weeks he'll be called on. I know people got lucky earlier in the year with Boyd one week, but 9 time out of 10 that'll be a 2/3pts.

I got hazard in for silva so now have the 3 Chelsea attackers.

Each to their own, but I don't agree with this approach. I always like to have a sub that I'm happy to have come in (at the moment it's Seb Larsson), between Costa's injury, Cesc nearing a suspension, Sterling getting rested, you'd be surprised the amout of weeks he'll be called on. I know people got lucky earlier in the year with Boyd one week, but 9 time out of 10 that'll be a 2/3pts.

Yeah absolutely, there's definitely 2 approaches. I was one of the ones that got lucky with Boyd. But I do understand, and expect him to just get 2/3 each week. I think it's something you accept when you go for 4.4 cheapie!

I think earlier in the season players are less likely to be rested/suspended. As the season progresses upgrading my cheapie will be definitely something worth looking at, and I might do it before christmas.

• Advertisement

Yeah absolutely, there's definitely 2 approaches. I was one of the ones that got lucky with Boyd. But I do understand, and expect him to just get 2/3 each week. I think it's something you accept when you go for 4.4 cheapie!

I think earlier in the season players are less likely to be rested/suspended. As the season progresses upgrading my cheapie will be definitely something worth looking at, and I might do it before christmas.

I'm always one for the cheapie but have been thinking the same as yourself about upgrading soon due to a number of my players close to suspension and the fact there's 3 league games in a week at the start of dec and then Xmas.

Advertisement