Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Thanks for all the concern and advice folks, much appreciated. :)

Pm me if ya need any more info. 8 years working in insurance claims so I've picked up a bit of knowledge!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Lemlin wrote: »
    Pm me if ya need any more info. 8 years working in insurance claims so I've picked up a bit of knowledge!

If ever a statement needed a "winky" smiley, this is it. :P

Pm me if ya need any more info. 8 years working in insurance claims so I've picked up a bit of knowledge! ;)

See.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Read yesterday that Giroud is expected to resume training in the next couple of weeks, Welbeck was on thin ice but he is going to go once I figure out how to afford Sanchez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Read yesterday that Giroud is expected to resume training in the next couple of weeks, Welbeck was on thin ice but he is going to go once I figure out how to afford Sanchez
    It'll be interesting to see how all this fits together....

Sanchez, Walcott, Ozil, Welbeck, Ramsey, Wilkshire, Giroud and Carzola. Few fringe players likely to get some minutes too like Ox and Podolski. Probably room for 5 of those at any one time.

Then again it's Arsenal so not much chance of them all being fit at once.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see how all this fits together....

Sanchez, Walcott, Ozil, Welbeck, Ramsey, Wilkshire, Giroud and Carzola. Few fringe players likely to get some minutes too like Ox and Podolski. Probably room for 5 of those at any one time.

Then again it's Arsenal so not much chance of them all being fit at once.

In truth Sanzhe is the only one that you could say with confidence will definitely start if fit,I reckon the best Arsenal set up when fit would be

Arteta Wilshere
    Walcott Ozil Sanchez
    Welbeck

But it is really not concrete, Ramsey, Cazorla and Giroud would be expected to play fairly regularly too

In truth Sanzhe is the only one that you could say with confidence will definitely start if fit,I reckon the best Arsenal set up when fit would be

Arteta Wilshere
    Walcott Ozil Sanchez
    Welbeck

But it is really not concrete, Ramsey, Cazorla and Giroud would be expected to play fairly regularly too

I think Walcott, Sanchez, Ozil and Ramsey will always start when fit, bar any game they are rested. The others will be rotated. I'd see Cazorla as a squad player that plays when others aren't available now.

I think Walcott, Sanchez, Ozil and Ramsey will always start when fit, bar any game they are rested. The others will be rotated. I'd see Cazorla as a squad player that plays when others aren't available now.

Last season I would have agreed, but I don't think Ramsey is in good enough form to be undroppable right now. Wilshere has had a few standout games, and I can't see Wenger not playing one of Arteta/Flamini, so it looks to be a shootout between Ramsey and Wilshere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Unless Ramsey is pushed further forward to play off the striker (in Ozil's absence anyway)

Cazorla has looked toothless in an attacking sense so that could be an option. Sanchez definitely the safest of the lot tho given how he's performing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Last season I would have agreed, but I don't think Ramsey is in good enough form to be undroppable right now. Wilshere has had a few standout games, and I can't see Wenger not playing one of Arteta/Flamini, so it looks to be a shootout between Ramsey and Wilshere.
    Not only is he not in good enough form, but Wenger has publicly said he's disappointed with Ramsey's "Hollywood" playing style, trying at all costs to chase the success of last season. If Ramsey is to impress Wenger and nail down a starting place, it won't be because of surging runs or an attack-minded attitude, it will be because he sticks to his role and lets Sanchez get on with it. That will be bad news for fantasy owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Lads, do you think i should start Wanyama or Boyd?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Harry Kane or Sigurdsson..which one do I play this week?? havent a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Harry Kane or Sigurdsson..which one do I play this week?? havent a clue

I like Siggy this week. Arsenal is very much a team I can see him scoring against!

JR6 wrote: »
    I like Siggy this week. Arsenal is very much a team I can see him scoring against!

I once benched Michu against Arsenal and he scored two at the Emirates. Part of the reason now I go 3-4-3 with a 5th mid who'll only alot in when they are needed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

I once benched Michu against Arsenal and he scored two at the Emirates. Part of the reason now I go 3-4-3 with a 5th mid who'll only alot in when they are needed.

Iv gone for sigurdsson over Kane ye have swayed me :P. Im after ravin all week to my friends about Harry Kane an all, was gonna captain Kane an all after his recent cup form. Oh well you live and you learn! Come on Siggy my boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lads, do you think i should start Wanyama or Boyd?

Boyd. I am starting him over Siggy for what it's worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lemlin, could you tell him to transfer.... me a couple of grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'd be fairly confident of Siggy getting attacking returns against arsenal . They kept a clean sheet against burnley but monreal could be cb against Bony is a different proposition altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

who is better berahino or sakho

Would appreciate some opinions

Would appreciate some opinions

I'd go with Sakho if fit. He plays for the better team.

West Ham have more goals in them than West Brom.

• Advertisement

Yeah, Sakho for me too. If Pellé blanks this week I'll probably switch him for Sakho.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

Forget Sakho, its all about Charlie Austin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Get rid of Aguero, Costa or Pelle for Austin...?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

I have Aguero, Pelle and Welbeck. At the moment I'l be getting rid of Pelle but if Welbeck does nothing tomorrow he's out

collins looks to have that cb spot for west ham at 4.5 Ill be getting him in soon. Watching the highlights there he couldve had a goal and an assist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Clyne/Forster double up has netted 51 points in the last 4 gameweeks. Had them since week 5 and it was looking a dodgy move till week 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    Clyne/Forster double up has netted 51 points in the last 4 gameweeks. Had them since week 5 and it was looking a dodgy move till week 8.

I'm going to miss my Clyne+Berty partnership so much :(. Had it since my wildcard in GW6

collins looks to have that cb spot for west ham at 4.5 Ill be getting him in soon. Watching the highlights there he couldve had a goal and an assist.

Yep, I've had my eye on him a few weeks. Creswell isn't worth the extra .9 IMO. Sam won't change a team playing well so it's his spot to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Collins, along with Reid, have a special place in my FPL heart ! I just couldn't be picking that Creswell lad ahead of them :)

(I remember bringing Collins in last year and bagging me 15 points, a lot of the forum had made the move. I think he was just back from injury and had dropped in price.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

PARlance wrote: »
    Collins, along with Reid, have a special place in my FPL heart ! I just couldn't be picking that Creswell lad ahead of them :)

(I remember bringing Collins in last year and bagging me 15 points, a lot of the forum had made the move. I think he was just back from injury and had dropped in price.)

I told my friend go do that move. I signed demek. still bitter :(

https://twitter.com/FantasyFootyFix/status/531881649513185280

Interesting, if not unexpected from recent point returns from Costa

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/FantasyFootyFix/status/531881649513185280

Interesting, if not unexpected from recent point returns from Costa

Baines figure is high compared to his overall of 25% but if you take a snapshot of the top ten immediately after a player scores 11 points chances are he'll feature in most teams. Same for Aguero. And probably therefore the low Costa figure as a lot who have Aguero and Baines will have financed it by dropping Costa a few wweeks ago.

In other words, a snapshot of the top ten means very little and will be heavily weighted to the top scoring (high ownership) players of the gameweek just past.

Baines figure is high compared to his overall of 25% but if you take a snapshot of the top ten immediately after a player scores 11 points chances are he'll feature in most teams. Same for Aguero. And probably therefore the low Costa figure as a lot who have Aguero and Baines will have financed it by dropping Costa a few wweeks ago.

In other words, a snapshot of the top ten means very little and will be heavily weighted to the top scoring (high ownership) players of the gameweek just past.

Yeah, the FPL Discovery stat of 77% Sanchez, 66% Aguero, 62% Costa, 50% Baines for the top 10k is a better sample size. Which is why I'll be very nervous without Costa for WBA; I don't see another QPR blank happening.

I'd be more interested in the top ten from the FFS HoF.

Baines: 6
    Sanchez: 3
    Aguero: 7
    Costa: 8

Only one had all four and he's also the highest ranked overall this season

Sanchez has very low ownership. That's surprising. Not surprised so many held Costa through his injury though.

Yeah, the FPL Discovery stat of 77% Sanchez, 66% Aguero, 62% Costa, 50% Baines for the top 10k is a better sample size. Which is why I'll be very nervous without Costa for WBA; I don't see another QPR blank happening.

Both of these are very good guides. Must start tabulating the HoF guys.

That fantasyfootballgeek blog does a similar and very useful weekly analysis on ten 'top' players. Basically guys he rates and whose average finish ovet the last few years in inside the top 2k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

That fantasyfootballgeek blog does a similar and very useful weekly analysis on ten 'top' players. Basically guys he rates and whose average finish ovet the last few years in inside the top 2k.

This looks really useful, thanks for sharing.

As people may have noticed, during the international break I like to pass the time by posing some broad questions relating to my team and which also I think apply to others likely to be considering the same conundrums. Or is it conundra?

For those of ye with double Southampton defence to date, here's my pondering of the day....

I think most would agree its worth keeping one of the two going forward into their tougher (on paper) fixtures, but the double up is probably reaching the end of it's shelf life.

So who do you keep?!

If you have had two DEFs such as Clyne / Bertrand its probably much of a muchness. Bertrand probably looking the most threatening attacking wise of late, but Clyne has goals and assists in him too and probably shading it for bonus points. Probably going to come down to who has gained the most value for you.

However if you've had Forster and Clyne/Berty what is the best approach now, particularly if like many you are favouring a one playing keeper strategy.

Keep Forster:
    Pros: May get save points if not getting CS. If they do get a CS while under pressure, and he makes a few saves may pick up bonus. There are not that many other performing keepers at that price point.

Cons: If you only want to invest in one keeper you've got to play him in every game.

Keep Clyne / Bertrand
    Pros: You can rotate your defence for tougher games where you have better options. They are liable to get some attacking returns and seem to attract BPs when there is a clean sheet.

Cons: Not sure what the cons are. Possibly more easy to facilitate Baines if you want to, if you replace one of these with him. Also as above there are probably more options to replace them with than for Forster.

Whats do yis think?

I've ditched Bertrand this week for a cheapie (Yun). In an ideal world, I would transfer out Clyne for Azpi in the upcoming weeks since I don't really like rotating two defender slots. It will be very dependent on how many free transfers I have/how my budget is shaping up. I probably have to bring back this Costa fella.....

For people with Forster as part of a double up, I'd be inclined to keep him. GK cleanies are so random thus far and there isn't really anyone in his bracket that I'd be more confident in playing week in, week out.

For people with Forster as part of a double up, I'd be inclined to keep him. GK cleanies are so random thus far and there isn't really anyone in his bracket that I'd be more confident in playing week in, week out.

This is what I'm leaning towards, with Baines an option to replace Clyne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

No... I'm not :pac:... :rolleyes:... ==>>

---

Re Forster / Saints def.

One thing to (have been) take(n) into account is their price. Something I regret I didn't pay attention while WCing (GW4). Forster + Wisdom or Duff matched my Krul + Clyne while being £0.5m cheaper. That £0.5m would have given me more flexibility. It's still the case for soemone WCing or willing to downgrade one of his Saints defensive option. You'll free up more cash potentially by downgrading a def than Forster.

One final thing about Forster. Don't count too much on saves. He's one of the keepers that makes the least of them.

Another thing to consider if you're worried about losing money tied up in Clyne/Bertrand for later on in the season is that Alderweireld is still 5.0m. He might even go down if Saints concede a lot during their tough run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Interesting thread here which started at this time last year, it would seem to me that we are doing much better as a community this year than we were then. Most of us would have made massive leaps between then and seasons end so hopefully more of the same is to come

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057077819

Interesting thread here which started at this time last year, it would seem to me that we are doing much better as a community this year than we were then. Most of us would have made massive leaps between then and seasons end so hopefully more of the same is to come

This is why I'm delighted to have made progress in the last few weeks as this year a lot of good players have got off to a flyer whereas last year most of the lads on here were struggling. It was a bit of a perfect storm in the early weeks last year with all bandwagons delivering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

ive been looking at these changes over the next 3-4 weeks. its basically 4 transfers. although maybe just three as the saints run over the next 10 games is horrendous and i expect them to concede a lot of goals. anyway im looking

eriksen, welbeck, chambers, moore

to

chadli, ayoze, alderweireld, baines

this will leave my squad looking like.. with .3 left over

forster, hamer
    baines, azpil, alderweireld, wisdom, collocini
    sanchez, fabregas, siggy, boyd, chadli
    aguero, costa, ayoze

thoughts?

Interesting all right.

Things that I note from last years thread is 1) how little I knew about this carry on and how little I knew what was a good rank or bad and 2) how foolish I was to promote the Finn Harps Pay League on here :)....on the thread I am in awe that the leader of the league is in the top 13k, while this year I'm on 2,800 and I'm only second.....and about ten of ye hustlers around here to contend with :(

Speaking of which the Harps cup results email was out there in case any of you missed it. Looking thru it I see maybe 10 or so boardsies from here and all seem to have made it safely through. Hackers came closest to an upset winning by a point over a friend of mine with very little FPL savvy. Be interesting to see the first FSA derby in this with €200 at stake overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Interesting all right.

Things that I note from last years thread is 1) how little I knew about this carry on and how little I knew what was a good rank or bad and 2) how foolish I was to promote the Finn Harps Pay League on here :)....on the thread I am in awe that the leader of the league is in the top 13k, while this year I'm on 2,800 and I'm only second.....and about ten of ye hustlers around here to contend with :(

Speaking of which the Harps cup results email was out there in case any of you missed it. Looking thru it I see maybe 10 or so boardsies from here and all seem to have made it safely through. Hackers came closest to an upset winning by a point over a friend of mine with very little FPL savvy. Be interesting to see the first FSA derby in this with €200 at stake overall.
    The cup started at the right time for my decent bit of form, any idea when the next round will be drawn so I can avoid all the big dogs and hope the lesser guys have great weeks and knock you all out :D

CSF wrote: »
    The cup started at the right time for my decent bit of form, any idea when the next round will be drawn so I can avoid all the big dogs and hope the lesser guys have great weeks and knock you all out :D

He said he'd be doing the draw in the next couple of weeks, Round 3 (round of 64) is in GW15.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Hackers

There could well be a bit of a drop off in information divulged here alright when those derbies do eventually happen!!
    Interesting all right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

He said he'd be doing the draw in the next couple of weeks, Round 3 (round of 64) is in GW15.
    Ah I see

Advertisement