Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Another great members article on ffs comparing Hazard, Oscar and Fab's stats. I took out the membership for the first time this year and I reckon it's well worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

FHFC wrote: »
    Another great members article on ffs comparing Hazard, Oscar and Fab's stats. I took out the membership for the first time this year and I reckon it's well worth it.

What's the gist of it, I've been quite vocal in my belief that Fabregas has been quite lucky and isn't value for his price, I'd be interested to know if I'm right (set pieces are where my logic falls down obviously)

What's the gist of it, I've been quite vocal in my belief that Fabregas has been quite lucky and isn't value for his price, I'd be interested to know if I'm right (set pieces are where my logic falls down obviously)

Don't know what I can really say keeping in mind the charter.

Also from FFS (from a non members article here) is some very interesting analysis of the impact of Martinez playing Barkley on the left flank to accommodate both Etoo and Lukaku in attack.

This point is very relevant to the Baines debate and for those thinking of bringing him in....
    The Baines Impact
    Whilst Barkley turned in an impressive shift without picking up the Fantasy points, it’s also worth noting his impact on Leighton Baines’ stats. The Toffees left-back managed 65 touches on Sunday – bearing in mind his Gameweek 1-10 average was 96.8, it’s fair to say his overall involvement in Everton’s build-up play dropped significantly, slipping from one minute per touch to 1.5. With Everton looking for Barkley on the left more often, Baines also plummeted from 1.7 minutes per pass received down to 2.6 against the Black Cats – again underlining the knock-on effect of the youngster’s move out wide.

Further up the field, though, there’s less to worry about – Baines’ 28 touches in the final third was only slightly down from his previous average of 32.7, whilst he also produced more crosses (seven, compared to 5.6) than beforehand. Crucially for Fantasy managers, Baines’s creativity didn’t suffer – his previous average of 38.2 minutes per key pass quickened to 32 last weekend – but with Barkley becoming more prominent in the Toffees’ attacks, we’ll be keeping a keen eye on Martinez’ tactics in light of his weekend reshuffle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Eric Dier (remember him?) has withdrawn from the England U21 squad because he doesn't want to play at right back anymore... which is where he has played for Spurs most of this season. Can't see this having a positive effect on him for the rest of the season anyway... not that anyone still has him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

AdMMM wrote: »
    Eric Dier (remember him?) has withdrawn from the England U21 squad because he doesn't want to play at right back anymore... which is where he has played for Spurs most of this season. Can't see this having a positive effect on him for the rest of the season anyway... not that anyone still has him!

Walker is nearing fitness and DeAndre Yedlin's season is nearly over with Seattle I believe? Spurs signed him after his world cup heroics and sent him back on loan for the rest of the season. So he might be back in contention too, not sure when he comes to Spurs maybe January.

There's a good chance he'll be a serious FPL hero. I'm claiming him now anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Now Dier was a bandwagon! Shocking player.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

PARlance wrote: »

If ever a surname reflected a players ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

I'M baaaaaccckkkkkk :)

Just checked and he still enjoys a 19.1% ownership :o:o:o .

Surely no active player would still have this guy in their team? Are 19.1% of teams zombie teams?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Some players are expecting him to score big soon:D

I doubt 19% left the game already but who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Surely no active player would still have this guy in their team? Are 19.1% of teams zombie teams?

Semi-active teams also, some would still have him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Quite a few active (albeit casual) lads in my leagues still have him. Defenders tend to be the least of people's worries. Especially when he mightn't be "costing" people money (a lot got him at 5.0 or 5.1)

His ownership will continue to drop. 250,000 have transferred him out in the last 6 weeks. I'd say that will continue steadily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Quite a few active (albeit casual) lads in my leagues still have him. Defenders tend to be the least of people's worries. Especially when he mightn't be "costing" people money (a lot got him at 5.0 or 5.1)

His ownership will continue to drop. 250,000 have transferred him out in the last 6 weeks. I'd say that will continue steadily.

Casual players don't typically worry about value too much

Internationals suck. Friday afternoon and not so much as a murmur in this forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I've actually been talking to my wife instead. Turns out she had a middle name I didn't know all along!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Breaking news: Leighton baines pulls out of England squad with thigh injury

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

And just as I start complaining that things are quiet, the Fantasy Gods spring into action and throw a spanner in the works!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

shouldn't this be in the price changes thread? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

oh.my.god
    Could do without that !
    other defenders are Wilson who plays Burnley but may also be out injured
    Moore who has lost his place but was gonna wait a week before selling
    Neil Taylor away to city
    wisdom away to Chelsea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

manual_man wrote: »
    shouldn't this be in the price changes thread? :p

:pac:

I actually (as the cool kids say) laughed out loud!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

:pac:

I actually (as the cool kids say) laughed out loud!

So did I! :D

Intriguing stuff. I was possibly going to bring him in for Clyne next GW. Hmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Not the best week to have already made my two FTs.......
    I'm prepared to bench him one week, any more and I'll take a -4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Anyone here have Costa, Aguero, Fabregas,Sanchez, Di Maria and Baines all in their team?

Anyone here have Costa, Aguero, Fabregas,Sanchez, Di Maria all in their team?

I do. I'm sure plenty do!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Anyone here have Costa, Aguero, Fabregas,Sanchez, Di Maria all in their team?

Guilty!

Dónal wrote: »
    I do. I'm sure plenty do!

oh and baines aswell

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Guilty!

and baines

Looking at replacing bertrand with cresswell or janmatt, who should I go for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

wonder did many buy in baines early to avoid price rises......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Beautiful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Does stephen taylor get his game at Newcastle?? I believe he picked up a small knock atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Baines and Downing injured.

Fab and Wilson doubtful.

International breaks suck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

iroced wrote: »
    Baines and Downing injured.

Fab and Wilson doubtful.

International breaks suck.

Is Baines injured or "injured"?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Dempsey wrote: »

out for 1 to 2 weeks according to SSN with a slight hamstring tear. So i guess he is injured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

out for 1 to 2 weeks according to SSN with a slight hamstring tear. So i guess he is injured

Lucky I didnt take the hit to bring him in then! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Dempsey wrote: »

Grade one hamstring injury whatever that may mean. The least serious of them anyway. Could be in contention for the WH game. We'll see...

=> http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2014/11/15/baines-injury-boost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

is Jakupovic, Eldin starter keeper for hull or whats going on there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

declan2693 wrote: »
    is Jakupovic, Eldin starter keeper for hull or whats going on there?

no he's 3rd choice, and anyone getting him in is daft in my opinion, he'll be very soon out of the picture altogether, with no profit to be made on him. just transfers wasted

no he's 3rd choice, and anyone getting him in is daft in my opinion, he'll be very soon out of the picture altogether, with no profit to be made on him. just transfers wasted
    harper started the last game aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Harper took his place for the last game and McGregor is fit again so he's back to third choice. He'll still get positive nti for the foreseeable future as he's the top scoring 4m keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Does stephen taylor get his game at Newcastle?? I believe he picked up a small knock atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Does stephen taylor get his game at Newcastle?? I believe he picked up a small knock atm

He was getting it recently because Williamson was injured. Whether he'll get to keep it or not, I don't know.

I have Dummett and am keeping an eye on Yun of QPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Thank God the football is back this week! Internationals are fucking muck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

No more internationals till March too. Although there will be a few FA cup weekends to get through

9 GWs in less than 6 weeks starting Saturday cloudnine.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

When can we expect any DGW's (the type where not every team has them)??

When can we expect any DGW's (the type where not every team has them)??

Apart from weather related postponements there will be very few dgw games this year. The carling cup final end of Feb will see a couple of league games needing to be rescheduled. This year the fa cup quarter finals which used to clash with a full round of league games is not going to happen for the first time as no league games are scheduled for quarter final weekend. Meaning only another few games will need to be rescheduled in mid April when league games clash with fa cup semi final weekend. All in all barring weather there will be very few dgw games this year compared to what we are used to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

THink they were GW33 and GW36 last season. Depends on what the weather does really.

Nice little tool: http://anewpla.net/fpl/

A couple of my stats:
    Formations : 3-4-3 (8 times - average 59.3 points)
    3-5-2 (3 times - average 68.3 points)

Captains Used : Agüero (3 times - 44 points - average 14.7 points)
    Rooney (2 times - 22 points - average 11 points)
    Diego Costa (2 times - 24 points - average 12 points)
    Welbeck (1 times - 14 points - average 14 points)
    Sterling (1 times - 2 points - average 2 points)
    Sigurdsson (1 times - 22 points - average 22 points)
    Hazard (1 times - 20 points - average 20 points)

I've played Chambers one time (for 18 pointer), benched five times :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement