Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CSF wrote: »
    There is a bit of that, but if a H2H was your main league with money you cared about (which in my case it nearly enough is) there is alot of strategy involved in terms of when to take point hits etc.

Honestly I think taking points hits with any one GW in mind is a recipe for disaster (I could understand it at the very tail end of a season, but that's about it) - you always have to be thinking a little further forward (tho not too much) or it will invariably bite u in the ass, so I'd have to disagree with u there. The difference in points/position I pointed out is absurd tho, I'd imagine the guy in 37th is feeling pretty peeved!!! (They're circa 15k in the overall rankings!!!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

That's me in 2nd and I can absolutely tell you there is no H2H strategy involved, I'm just having a terrible season overall! It's all about luck in H2H, as I posted yesterday in the 4 GW's before this week I dropped approx 350k in overall rankings, took an 8 and 4 pts hit but still won 2 and drew 1 in the boards H2H league, I think I was 3rd or 4th worst scorer in one of the weeks I won! Long may it continue!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

It depends what you guys mean by strategy.

Personally if I was to play in such a league I'd analyse my rival team each week and check as much as I could his transfers to maximise my chances of a win and reduce the amount of luck involved. This could lead me to get in "blocker" players or take a punt on one he doesn't own etc...
    No "need" for that in a classic league (this would generally be counterproductive) at the exception of the closing GWs if it's tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

All their stats won't be able to stop those dead teams from dumping a good share of us out of the main cup competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

All their stats won't be able to stop those dead teams from dumping a good share of us out of the main cup competition.
    Nothing more frustrating! Think I had some cracking duels for a few weeks until one week someone had a team with Tom Huddlestone captained from the very beginning and dumped me out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Last year the qualifying GW took care of a lot of the dead teams as the current popular players of the time scored highly.

I do love the romance of a dead team going far in the cup though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

That must be over like over a million teams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    That must be over like over a million teams?

Yeh seems kinda crazy having said that I'm surprised its that low! I wonder what there definition of a dead team is. I guess there are also quite a few teams out there doing a heap of transfers focusing on value or trying to get a high GW score too so they wouldn't be dead but aren't going to be troubling anyone in the overall rankings at all. I would be surprised if there were 1m+ people logging in to their teams weekly.

• Advertisement

Their definition of a dead team is one with 5 weeks in a row of no transfers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

KevIRL wrote: »
    Their definition of a dead team is one with 5 weeks in a row of no transfers

any word on qualifying score for PP cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Hackers

That would be me with the 734 points, its bordering on annoying to be honest but I'm in top 15k overall and doing well in most of the other leagues so 1 dead league from 15 I'll take!!
    manual_man wrote: »
    Just as if to show the fickleness of H2H leagues, 2nd in the Boards H2H Pay League has 660pts overall score with 26pts in the H2H. 37th (next to last) in the same league has 734pts overall score but just 9pts in the H2H. Talk about getting the run of things (or not!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Just paid for the FFS membership there. What are the most useful tools and/or articles? Think I recall seeing there were two handy weekly articles but can't seem to see them anywhere.

Edit - think I found those articles at the bottom right of the homepage.

qwabercd wrote: »
    Just paid for the FFS membership there. What are the most useful tools and/or articles? Think I recall seeing there were two handy weekly articles but can't seem to see them anywhere.

Player comparison tool is very handy. Having the season ticker for the whole season is handy to try pick out favourable run for teams before others. If you scroll to the bottom it lists the recent members articles the popular ones are big numbers and KPI analysis there is also captain sensible that is posted a day or two before the deadline.

Most recent Big Number

Most recent KPI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Hands up who finished work a little early today??? :)

Home and ready for action

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

In work till 10pm and tomorrow as well....rotten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

PARlance wrote: »

Does college count :)

Does college count :)

I wouldn't have left the house if I was still in college... So, no. :)

Does working for yourself and being able to watch the football any time count!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

So how're you feeling about Robin this fine winters eve? :)

• Advertisement

So how're you feeling about Robin this fine winters eve? :)

Hmmmmmm.... More stubbornness than anything else at this stage if I'm being honest.

That and I don't want to leave FHFC out in the cold.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Hmmmmmm.... More stubbornness than anything else at this stage if I'm being honest.

That and I don't want to leave FHFC out in the cold.

:)

Don't worry about me. It's cosy here!

FHFC wrote: »
    Don't worry about me. It's cosy here!

I think I need to get into that happy place I was in on Sunday night.

Was dreaming about him getting 2 goals and 2 assists.
    19 points including bonus.
    Could see the 38 points there in front of me.

I think I need to get into that happy place I was in on Sunday night.

Was dreaming about him getting 2 goals and 2 assists.
    19 points including bonus.
    Could see the 38 points there in front of me.

Don't think I'll be captaining him. Unless maybe if Rooney doesn't start.

Having him is daft enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

FHFC wrote: »
    Don't think I'll be captaining him. Unless maybe if Rooney doesn't start.

Rooney not starting according to SSN.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Rooney not starting according to SSN.

WTF! Disgusted.

How about Wilson over RVP? :)

Rooney not starting is a positive for my RVP move. Let's pull this trigger.

Rooney not starting is a positive for my RVP move. Let's pull this trigger.

Just upped him to captain. Heading into an appointment so can't change it now before deadline.

Unless I run out the door screaming at 7.25....

I'm logging onto the FPL site on every browser possible hoping for it to crash.... Is that a step too far :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

I'm logging onto the FPL site on every browser possible hoping for it to crash.... Is that a step too far :)

Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

Wow, there are at least 28 dead teams in the top 1000 (2.8% captained Studge this GW :pac:).

Wow, there are at least 28 dead teams in the top 1000 (2.8% captained Studge this GW :pac:).

Just because they haven't used a transfer for 5 GWs doesn't mean they're necessarily "dead", well not to me anyway. Does that equation thing take subs and captaincy changes into account I wonder?

If you're in the top 1k you could be quite happy to keep things as they are :pac:

Just because they haven't used a transfer for 5 GWs doesn't mean they're necessarily "dead", well not to me anyway. Does that equation thing take subs and captaincy changes into account I wonder?

If you're in the top 1k you could be quite happy to keep things as they are :pac:

2.8% have captained Sturridge... That's 28 dead teams in the top 1000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

2.8% have captained Sturridge... That's 28 dead teams in the top 1000

Provided these stats are 100% accurate.

We can't be 100% sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

How many players have people had since the start of Gameweek 1?

Just Hutton for me.

Sanchez, Hazard, Costa, Austin, Courtois, Blackett and Chambers I've had for Gameweek 1, gotten rid of, and gone back to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

CSF wrote: »
    How many players have people had since the start of Gameweek 1?

Just Hutton for me.

Sanchez, Hazard, Costa, Austin, Courtois, Blackett and Chambers I've had for Gameweek 1, gotten rid of, and gone back to.

Clyne and Siggy for me.

Costa and Chambers for me.

Sanchez, Siggy and Azpi were in my team GW1 and are in it now but all have had brief breaks from my XV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Just Costa, Clyne and Fabregas... and Myhill... who'll probably end up being the only player of mine to last the season.

• Advertisement

Taylor and siggy I think

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hutton fab and siggy

just siggy actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Guzan, Mannone and Fábregas for me. Also had Terry up till last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

4 is alot, I think. Especially for people who've played a wildcard, which is the majority I think

Only Moore left from my GW1 team. I have transferred out and then back in Siggy though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Elliot, Fab and Wisdom for me. Stupidly didn't have Siggy for week 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Taylor, Fabregas and Siggy for me. Also have Austin, but have transferred him out and back in.

Just De Gea since the WC this week. Had 6 until then.

Also I bought Siggy after GW1 and I've brought Austin back after having him for the first 2 GWs where he missed a penalty and got injured.

Just Hutton for me. It was Hutton and Costa till Monday night when I.....*bursts into tears and runs away*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Just Foster.

Baines, Rooney and Chambers were there on week 1 but have been out and back since.

• Advertisement
Advertisement