Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

De Gea is a goalkeeper. He has saved United countless times this season. There is absolutely no chance, and I mean zero, that Valdes gets a game in the PL ahead of him. The only way he'll get a look in is if United have no chance in winning the league, and have 3rd place wrapped up too, meaning no CL qualification.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

SantryRed wrote: »
    De Gea is a goalkeeper. He has saved United countless times this season. There is absolutely no chance, and I mean zero, that Valdes gets a game in the PL ahead of him. The only way he'll get a look in is if United have no chance in winning the league, and have 3rd place wrapped up too, meaning no CL qualification.

Certainly it is highly unlikely but the chance of it happening is certainly >0. DDG has been amazing this season but the fact is no one other than LVG knows how he intends to use Valdes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Absolutely ! Uniteds defence is in enough turmoil!
    Fa cup game possibly and then league cup and odd champ league game next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I expect the De Gea to Madrid rumours to heat up in this window.

CSF wrote: »
    I expect the De Gea to Madrid rumours to heat up in this window.

Already in full swing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Strongly considering benching Downing for Boyd.

I am definitely benching Downing for Boyd...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    He was an temporary assistant to Lambert last season. He's been on the bench for every pl game this season.

I thought he was acting as reserve 'keeper and as a coach. This article from August 30 lists him as a coach still:

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/international/shay-given-returns-to-republic-of-ireland-squad-1.1913212

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Have a defensive conundrum this weekend.

Who would you play this weekend out of...

O'Shea (home to LIV)
    Bertrand (away to UTD)
    Taylor (home to WHU)

Have Terry and Hutton and they are certs I think so need to pick either 1 or 2 of the above. Any help appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Have a defensive conundrum this weekend.

Who would you play this weekend out of...

O'Shea (home to LIV)
    Bertrand (away to UTD)
    Taylor (home to WHU)

Have Terry and Hutton and they are certs I think so need to pick either 1 or 2 of the above. Any help appreciated!

Bertrand, cs not likely, attacking points possible.
    Taylor, cs probably unlikely but not out of the question.
    O Shea, no cs or attacking points likely.

Close between Taylor and Bertrand, I'd toss a coin or else go with the home player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Hutton or Wisdom or Naylor?

Also screw it, i'm starting super Georgie Boyd ahead of Downing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Hutton or Wisdom or Naylor?

Also screw it, i'm starting super Georgie Boyd ahead of Downing

Isn't there rumours of Carroll being injured or am I making that up?

Anyways, no Sahko or Song means West Ham may struggle to score.

I'm going with Taylor myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

What's up with Song?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Song is available after quitting international football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Carroll missed the FA Cup game but Sam said he would be fine for the weekend. He kicked the ground allegedly and hurt his foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

FHFC wrote: »
    Bertrand, cs not likely, attacking points possible.
    Taylor, cs probably unlikely but not out of the question.
    O Shea, no cs or attacking points likely.

Close between Taylor and Bertrand, I'd toss a coin or else go with the home player.

Thanks FHFC, that's the way I had it with Bertrand 1st sub so I'll leave it at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Lads what 2 would ye pick to start out of these(terry is my other defender)

PVA-Duff-Alderweireld-Clark

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lads what 2 would ye pick to start out of these(terry is my other defender)

PVA-Duff-Alderweireld-Clark

Dyche said duff won't make this weekend so it's 2 from 3
    I'd go pVA Clark

Rosco79 wrote: »

Surprised it was him! Thought it would be Downing, Sanchez or Siggy.

km79 wrote: »
    Dyche said duff won't make this weekend so it's 2 from 3
    I'd go pVA Clark

Oh, I never saw that. Cheers bud!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

The award for the most falls has to be Eric Dier??

Poor bugger has 8 price drops (and counting) since his absurd rise to 5.5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

:confused:.

Not that it matters but this is partially wrong though. Clyne rose from £5.0m to £5.9m by GW19. Sanchez from £10.5m to £11.4m which is the same but Sanchez was £10.3m by GW7 so he got a £1.1m rise (the biggets we've experienced this year). If they go only GW19 - GW1 price, then it's a tie between Clyne, Sanchez & Downing ;).

Sigurdsson & Pellè did rise a full £1.0m at some point too. Ditto Downing now.
    manual_man wrote: »

Balotelli beats that. £0.9m drop :pac:. At least he can win something :pac:...

manual_man wrote: »

Balo is down 0.8 from his starting price! Couple more at 0.7 too. Diers swing has been pretty crazy alright.

iroced wrote: »

Not that it matters but this is partially wrong though. Clyne rose from £5.0m to £5.9m by GW19. Sanchez from £10.5m to £11.4m which is the same but Sanchez was £10.3m by GW7 so he got a £1.1m rise (the biggets we've experienced this year). If they go only GW19 - GW1 price, then it's a tie between Clyne, Sanchez & Downing ;).

Perhaps because it was a tie that gave it to him as his price increase was the biggest percentage upswing. Who knows. We should all fire off an email to EA looking for answers!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

iroced wrote: »

They are probably basing that award on the rise as a % of initial price.

With Clyne having the lowest initial cost, he will have the highest % increase.
    Ie He has seen an 18% increase. Sanchez about 10%.

I don't even know why I'm speculating. What a daft award :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

PARlance wrote: »
    I don't even know why I'm speculating. What a daft award :)
    Ah come on! That's so cool! The most "in" FPL player :cool:.

On a more serious note, it's in my opinion not that much more pointless an award as the current Ballon D'Or is :rolleyes:...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

W8jFMj.jpg

This is my work Head 2 head league. There were only 17 entrants, so to ensure everyone plays a game each week the FPL game pits one team each week against the overall game average for that week. It takes a special kind of standard in such a league to see average sitting second in the league.

:pac:

KevIRL wrote: »
    This is my work Head 2 head league. There were only 17 entrants, so to ensure everyone plays a game each week the FPL game pits one team each week against the overall game average for that week. It takes a special kind of standard in such a league to see average sitting second in the league.

Surely you have some other rules going on there though right? That many in the league and only one over 1k points?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

jimmii wrote: »
    Surely you have some other rules going on there though right? That many in the league and only one over 1k points?

Nope, no other rules, just a shocking standard. Straight up game. There's a head to head and a regular league, I'm 142 points clear in the regular league. Its a cash league too, albeit a small amount, €10 a head

(for now anyway) up to 5th overall position in the fantasyleague.com standings :)

• Advertisement

Nope, no other rules, just a shocking standard. Straight up game. There's a head to head and a regular league, I'm 142 points clear in the regular league. Its a cash league too, albeit a small amount, €10 a head

Nice little earner you have yourself there by the looks of it! Next season they may as well just give you the money and the start and not bother faffing around with FPL for 9 months!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Nice little earner you have yourself there by the looks of it! Next season they may as well just give you the money and the start and not bother faffing around with FPL for 9 months!

Probably one of those situations where people can't be arsed playing Fantasy yet they are afraid to turn down going in a paid league because they'd be seen as cheap. :P

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Probably one of those situations where people can't be arsed playing Fantasy yet they are afraid to turn down going in a paid league because they'd be seen as cheap. :P

And at the beginning of the seasons its like yeh I'm going to love playing this it'll be great! A few weeks in they miss a couple of deadlines and get bored!

W8jFMj.jpg

The lad in last was somewhat optimistic in his team name!! :)

Bony on his way to Man City it seems, fee agreed with Swansea according to BBC

Came across this on the FPL reddit, http://www.visualfpl.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Came across this on the FPL reddit, http://www.visualfpl.com/

Very nice:D

Disclaimer: If you have made a number of unsuccesful, annoying transfers you might not want to see it.

wonski wrote: »
    Very nice:D

Disclaimer: If you have made a number of unsuccesful, annoying transfers you might not want to see it.

How does it work? I don't know what to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

How does it work? I don't know what to do.

Type in your team number into the Tea box, click get team and scroll down.

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    Type in your team number into the Tea box, click get team and scroll down.

Where do I get my team number?

Where do I get my team number?

Click points on the FPL page.

Look at the address bar

fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/XXXX/event-history/21/

Where XXXX is your Team ID

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Is there any place that FFFix will tell you how many of the top 1000 have played their WC?

Long post warning. Only bother reading if you are interested in captain stats and diagnosing unusual levels of failure!!

Right lads, as many of you know I've been moaning a bit, hopefully not too much, about my awful run of captain choices stretching to over 1/4 of a season at this stage.

So this post is not to moan further, I just wanted to look at it a bit and see is it just bad luck, or am I looking at the captain choice decision is some fundamentally wrong way. I'm not picking attempted 'differential' captains, generally picking from the few genuine contenders each week, but somehow managing to pick my way carefully around their big scores and hit their blanks. It is surely statistically improbable at this stage.

Ideally Iroced will do some in depth analysis of these figures and point out the problem and I'll fly it to the end of the season. Also wondering if anyone else has a similar run of this duration.

Here are my stats, laid out as GW / Captain (pts) / VC (pts) / Best scoring player* (pts) / gain if I'd captained vice / gain if I'd captained Best.
    *excluding defenders and Gks who'd never really be captain options for me

GW.............C.................VC.............BEST........VC GAIN...BEST GAIN
    Gw12......Aguero (2).....Costa (6).....Haz (11)..........9............ 9
    Gw13......Sanchez (3)...Costa (1)...Kun/Bony (7).....-2........... 4
    Gw14......RVP (2).........Hazard (9).....Aguero (16)....7........... 14
    Gw15......Aguero (1).....hazard (2).....RVP (13)........1........... 12
    Gw16......Hazard (14)......RVP. (11).....Haz (14).......-3........... 0
    Gw17......RVP.... (2).....Eriksen (1).....Haz (7)..........-1........... 5
    Gw18......bony. (2)........RVP.. (7).....Costa (11)........5............9
    Gw19......Austin (2).....Silva (6)........Haz (10)...........4...........8
    Gw20......Sterling (5).....Silva (2)......Haz (7)...........-3............2
    Gw21......Hazard (3).....Costa (6).....Sanchez (19).....3............16

Totals...............36.............51..................115..........15...........79

Things that jump out at me are..
    • The only week I can blame a very stupid call was 14, when I switched the c from Aguero last minute (which is why Hazard is still VC and not Aguero)
    • The rest I feel are all valid calls, but RVP is a great example of picking the bad weeks and missing the good ones.
    • Even with Hazard's haul I have averaged 3.6 points per week from my captains for ten weeks now.
    • My VC choices are woeful as well, would only be 15 better off had I gone with VC ever week!
    • Excluding the Hazard success week 16 not one other week was my captain OR vice the highest scoring player.
    • I've been very lucky to maintain a good ranking as most weeks the rest of my team have performed really well, it's been a low scoring week overall anyway, or John Terry has as scored a goal.

How am I missing the target so consistently? Is it bad luck or am I doing something basically wrong!? Or is this not that unusual and should I just suck it up and get on with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Long post warning. Only bother reading if you are interested in captain stats and diagnosing unusual levels of failure!!

Right lads, as many of you know I've been moaning a bit, hopefully not too much, about my awful run of captain choices stretching to over 1/4 of a season at this stage.

So this post is not to moan further, I just wanted to look at it a bit and see is it just bad luck, or am I looking at the captain choice decision is some fundamentally wrong way. I'm not picking attempted 'differential' captains, generally picking from the few genuine contenders each week, but somehow managing to pick my way carefully around their big scores and hit their blanks. It is surely statistically improbable at this stage.

Ideally Iroced will do some in depth analysis of these figures and point out the problem and I'll fly it to the end of the season. Also wondering if anyone else has a similar run of this duration.

Here are my stats, laid out as GW / Captain (pts) / VC (pts) / Best scoring player* (pts) / gain if I'd captained vice / gain if I'd captained Best.
    *excluding defenders and Gks who'd never really be captain options for me

GW.............C.................VC.............BEST........VC GAIN...BEST GAIN
    Gw12......Aguero (2).....Costa (6).....Haz (11)..........9............ 9
    Gw13......Sanchez (3)...Costa (1)...Kun/Bony (7).....-2........... 4
    Gw14......RVP (2).........Hazard (9).....Aguero (16)....7........... 14
    Gw15......Aguero (1).....hazard (2).....RVP (13)........1........... 12
    Gw16......Hazard (14)......RVP. (11).....Haz (14).......-3........... 0
    Gw17......RVP.... (2).....Eriksen (1).....Haz (7)..........-1........... 5
    Gw18......bony. (2)........RVP.. (7).....Costa (11)........5............9
    Gw19......Austin (2).....Silva (6)........Haz (10)...........4...........8
    Gw20......Sterling (5).....Silva (2)......Haz (7)...........-3............2
    Gw21......Hazard (3).....Costa (6).....Sanchez (19).....3............16

Totals...............36.............51..................115..........15...........79

Things that jump out at me are..
    • The only week I can blame a very stupid call was 14, when I switched the c from Aguero last minute (which is why Hazard is still VC and not Aguero)
    • The rest I feel are all valid calls, but RVP is a great example of picking the bad weeks and missing the good ones.
    • Even with Hazard's haul I have averaged 3.6 points per week from my captains for ten weeks now.
    • My VC choices are woeful as well, would only be 15 better off had I gone with VC ever week!
    • Excluding the Hazard success week 16 not one other week was my captain OR vice the highest scoring player.
    • I've been very lucky to maintain a good ranking as most weeks the rest of my team have performed really well, it's been a low scoring week overall anyway, or John Terry has as scored a goal.

How am I missing the target so consistently? Is it bad luck or am I doing something basically wrong!? Or is this not that unusual and should I just suck it up and get on with it?

Not that this is any help but Ive had much the same issues since aguero was injured. You can be grateful you dodged the giroud captain episode. My strategy was aguero capt every week and Ill probably be going back to that.

It looks like you have just been unlucky in close captain decisions the only one that stands out is GW18 going with Bony instead of Costa at home to West Ham. A surprising number of your biggest gain captain options were away to Southampton which isn't somewhere you are really going to consider captaining!

• Advertisement

It looks like you have just been unlucky in close captain decisions the only one that stands out is GW18 going with Bony instead of Costa at home to West Ham. A surprising number of your biggest gain captain options were away to Southampton which isn't somewhere you are really going to consider captaining!

Surprising too that Hazard was my best scorer 5 of 9 the weeks before this one, and Sanchez zero. You have to laugh!! :D

Surprising too that Hazard was my best scorer 5 of 9 the weeks before this one, and Sanchez zero. You have to laugh!! :D

And 4 of the previous 5 harsh! All that really says though is er wtf you don't have Austin OR Kane?!

And 4 of the previous 5 harsh! All that really says though is er wtf you don't have Austin OR Kane?!

Didn't have Austin till couple weeks ago, gone now for Aguero. Only got Kane last week.

Of FHFC you bad, bad man. You had to make me look up my captain stats, didn't you :p Try this - in the last 5 gameweeks my captains have got me net 14pts - that's an average of 1.4pts when you take out the double factor :o

ABSOLUTE KILLER

Must look at my captain stats in the morning!

Something to keep me occupied before I'm.back to college on the 26th :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement