Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

menoscemo wrote: »
    Considering dropping Silva in the Wildcard to Santi, leaving me with Bellerin, Santi and Sanchez. Too much Arsenal?

Not for their next game anyway - Villa are awful at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Not for their next game anyway - Villa are awful at the minute.

All the more reason to have more Arsenal surely?

FHFC wrote: »
    Considering the same. For next 3 games anyway.

I think there's heavy hitting midfield spot up for grabs in most teams. Most teams will have Hazard and Sanchez, along with one of Siggy/Downing/Puncheon. A lot of teams currently have Silva in that 4th spot, but I feel a lot (myself included) will be looking at switching that up with the WC. Now that City have 3 strikers back in action, he (presumably) won't be as far forward. He also have Chelsea this week.

The problem is there's not too many outstanding candidates for that spot. Cazorla is doing well at the min, but he may not be a good long term shout. Sterling and ADM not really firing on all cylinders. LVG seems intent on playing ADM in that second strikers role, which doesn't seem to suit him. Eriksen is another option, but they don't have great fixtures over the next few weeks.

Edit: a midfield of Haz - Sanchez - Cazorla - Eriksen seems quite feasible. Sterling only 0.2 more that Eriksen and Caz, so could easily change to him if required down the line.

menoscemo wrote: »
    All the more reason to have more Arsenal surely?

Agreed - you asked if it was 'Too much arsenal' and I mean't 'no, it's not too much for the next GW'!

Sorry, probably could have been clearer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Cazorla is really making them tick these days though. Him and Sanchez won't be benched in the league any time soon imo. Any Arsenal fans have a view?

I'm just waiting for Wenger to fcuk it all up and reintroduce Ozil at Cazorla's expense.................

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

G1032 wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for Wenger to fcuk it all up and reintroduce Ozil at Cazorla's expense.................

Ozil will probably be shunted out to the wing again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I think there's heavy hitting midfield spot up for grabs in most teams. Most teams will have Hazard and Sanchez, along with one of Siggy/Downing/Puncheon. A lot of teams currently have Silva in that 4th spot, but I feel a lot (myself included) will be looking at switching that up with the WC. Now that City have 3 strikers back in action, he (presumably) won't be as far forward. He also have Chelsea this week.

The problem is there's not too many outstanding candidates for that spot. Cazorla is doing well at the min, but he may not be a good long term shout. Sterling and ADM not really firing on all cylinders. LVG seems intent on playing ADM in that second strikers role, which doesn't seem to suit him. Eriksen is another option, but they don't have great fixtures over the next few weeks.

Edit: a midfield of Haz - Sanchez - Cazorla - Eriksen seems quite feasible. Sterling only 0.2 more that Eriksen and Caz, so could easily change to him if required down the line.

At the moment I'm thinking of Sanchez, Haz, Caz and ADM, which looks pretty tempting for this gw fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

At the moment I'm thinking of Sanchez, Haz, Caz and ADM, which looks pretty tempting for this gw fixtures.

Why ADM though? Surely form has to go over fixtures. He's being outscored by the likes of Puncheon and Eriksen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lemlin wrote: »
    Why ADM though? Surely form has to go over fixtures. He's being outscored by the likes of Puncheon and Eriksen.

AdM is looking more and more likely tho. Just finding his rythym now after return from injury I think, quite unlucky not to have attacking returns against QPR. Good bet going forward I think

Absolutely. ADM is getting seriously bigged up on this forum lately and has done nothing to justify this yet. Maybe he'll come good but how many 2 or three pointers will you need to go through before he hits the big one?

• Advertisement

Lvg changed his role in the second half against QPR and (as highlighted on motd) he was much more effective. Hoping he will learn from that.

Still a work in progress though.

I wasn't even that impressed with ADM when he was in my team from GW6-13. 9.5m is too steep for my taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

mite just stick with silva as my only city player cos they were so poor. will bring bony in when he's back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

What about a forward line of Kun / Costa / Falcao with Haz / Sanchez & 2 mid price midfielders like Puncheon, Downing, Siggy, Chadli??

Falcao could have had a hat trick last weekend and if RVP is out for a couple of weeks he will grt a run against poor teams, he is playing for a contract next year so may finally come good. I wont be doing this but I am half tempted!!

AdpRo wrote: »
    What about a forward line of Kun / Costa / Falcao with Haz / Sanchez & 2 mid price midfielders like Puncheon, Downing, Siggy, Chadli??

Falcao could have had a hat trick last weekend and if RVP is out for a couple of weeks he will grt a run against poor teams, he is playing for a contract next year so may finally come good. I wont be doing this but I am half tempted!!

I could do that (if I still had WC!)

Pantillimon, Hamer
    Terry, Jones, PVA, Wisdom, Hutton
    Sanchez, Hazard, Downing, Puncheon, Albrighton
    Falcao, Costa, Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Absolutely. ADM is getting seriously bigged up on this forum lately and has done nothing to justify this yet. Maybe he'll come good but how many 2 or three pointers will you need to go through before he hits the big one?
    I could do that (if I still had WC!)

Pantillimon, Hamer
    Terry, Jones, PVA, Wisdom, Hutton
    Sanchez, Hazard, Downing, Puncheon, Albrighton
    Falcao, Costa, Aguero

Didn't you just say that Di Maria isn't doing much? Why in Gods name would you want Falcao who is doing less and 1million more expensive!!! eek.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Strange that the two Aussies have completely different descriptions of why they're unavailable. Both playing at the same tournament....
    2w4ebuh.png
    2whpi10.png

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

Cos Davidson has 0.0% ownership?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Double standards FPL, shame on you!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

I'll sound like a broken record now but unless ADM is in CM he will not bring big returns.

He wasn't world class when he was on the wing for Madrid.

Unless he goes to CM I won't be bringing him in.

JR6 wrote: »
    Didn't you just say that Di Maria isn't doing much? Why in Gods name would you want Falcao who is doing less and 1million more expensive!!! eek.png

I don't want either right now. Just seeing what I could do if the need arises and I definitely wouldn't take a 12 point hit to get Falcao in .:)

Swansea bid for Naughton accepted

Isn't he more of a right back though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

he's ambidextrous

equally **** on either side

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Swansea bid for Naughton accepted

Isn't he more of a right back though?

Rangel had been in and out of the team between Tiendali and the Jazz (Richards) man.

Wouldn't have thought Naughton was answer on either side. Olsson is still on the radar from Norwich I believe.

The January transfer thread in the soccer forum is handy for transfers

A Harps goalkeeper connection at WBA just a I plan to sign Ben Foster as wildcard goalie.

Yes please!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/jackosmyth1/status/556959017868984320/photo/1

Bit before your time these lads Busts? Or was Jacko still with BW in '99?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

A Harps goalkeeper connection at WBA just a I plan to sign Ben Foster as wildcard goalie.

Yes please!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/jackosmyth1/status/556959017868984320/photo/1

Bit before your time these lads Busts? Or was Jacko still with BW in '99?

Hes a funny guy. Was GK coach at a couple of clubs I was at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Just realised there's no games this weekend :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Just realised there's no games this weekend :(

Yep its one of those weekends. Boring. It feels like a waste of a Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

jimmii wrote: »
    Yep its one of those weekends. Boring. It feels like a waste of a Saturday.

A chance to score some Brownie points with the Mrs. Cup weekends better than internationals but only marginally. Wish they ran the FA cup off as a midweek competition.

KevIRL wrote: »
    A chance to score some Brownie points with the Mrs. Cup weekends better than internationals but only marginally. Wish they ran the FA cup off as a midweek competition.

They should just make the teams really use their squad and have FA Cup and Premier League on the same day! When United pulled out of the FA Cup all those years ago there was a lot of people suggesting they could easily do it and with the squad rules at the time they surely could have. Trickier now I guess but the top teams should be able to field 6 or 7 of there first team squad with a few more reserves and be able to beat the lower tier teams while keeping the main side for the Premier League match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

KevIRL wrote: »
    Yup, wedding suit shopping Saturday, visit the future in-laws Sunday.

Then sit back and bask in a sea of brownie points

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

need a bit of advice lads and ladies, im in a fixed fantasy league, and we have a big transfer coming up, im getting rid of Gareth Barry and was looking as siem de jong, i know he was out for a few months but is he worth the risk will he be back playing in the next week or 2?

Hococop wrote: »
    need a bit of advice lads and ladies, im in a fixed fantasy league, and we have a big transfer coming up, im getting rid of Gareth Barry and was looking as siem de jong, i know he was out for a few months but is he worth the risk will he be back playing in the next week or 2?

Do you mean a draft league? If its fixed I doubt transfers will help!!

Do you mean a draft league? If its fixed I doubt transfers will help!!

draft league ha thanks my mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Bit strange that City are playing a midweek friendly in Germany, anyone get the City team? (70 mins in now & Jovetic has scored is all I know)

Edit - found it...

Manchester City: Caballero, Sagna, Boyata, Mangala, Kolarov, Fernando, Lampard, Milner, Barker, Jovetic, Dzeko.

Lampard went off after 20 mins
    Aguero on for last 25mins

Dice75 wrote: »
    Bit strange that City are playing a midweek friendly in Germany, anyone get the City team? (70 mins in now & Jovetic has scored is all I know)

Edit - found it...

Manchester City: Caballero, Sagna, Boyata, Mangala, Kolarov, Fernando, Lampard, Milner, Barker, Jovetic, Dzeko.

Sounds like it's in Abu Dhabi. Dzeko 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Sounds like it's in Abu Dhabi; doubt that travel is the best way to prepare for a trip to Stamford Bridge.

I suppose they only have Middlesboro at home in the cup this week

I suppose they only have Middlesboro at home in the cup this week

Ya I messed up my weeks. No doubt to please Sheikh Mansour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Hococop wrote: »

de Jong is definitely an upgrade on Barry until the end of the season, I'd make the transfer....quality player!

8-10 wrote: »
    de Jong is definitely an upgrade on Barry until the end of the season, I'd make the transfer....quality player!

Yeah really tempted to bring him in, Our transfer is not for two and a half weeks so hopefully he will be starting by then and playing 60-70 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Edit - found it...

This is common among top level club these days - during this time of the year!

LVG on 442....lol, he is funny, I'll give him that.
    I know all the stats. I read the stats. I know that we have won more with 4-4-2 in a diamond.

But when you analyse the game then we have twitched our ass on the bench.

I said to my players I was squeezing my ass but it was the wrong expression, I have twitched my ass on the bench because we were out of balance.

No fecking easier to know who he'll play where though!!!

Anyone know when they are likely to decide which games will be Sunday/Monday for the fixtures from GW30 onwards?

Anyone know when they are likely to decide which games will be Sunday/Monday for the fixtures from GW30 onwards?

Month by month basis now. They just decided the March TV fixtures a couple days ago so I would imagine April will be third week of Feb.

Month by month basis now. They just decided the March TV fixtures a couple days ago so I would imagine April will be third week of Feb.

They really never consider us fantasy football fans at all! I guess there are some which you can assume will get moved to Sunday like Arsenal v Liverpool in 31 and United v City in 32 but would be nice to know for sure!

They really never consider us fantasy football fans at all! I guess there are some which you can assume will get moved to Sunday like Arsenal v Liverpool in 31 and United v City in 32 but would be nice to know for sure!

Differential FPL notifies you of these changes as soon as they are decided!!

I'm not on commission, honest!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

A lot of the sun mon games will come down to European fixtures e.g Europa thurs will have some teams have to play sun or mon and then some teams will have cl tues night games which means no sun games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Are Saturdays without FPL really Saturday's at all? I feel like I should be at work

CSF wrote: »
    Are Saturdays without FPL really Saturday's at all? I feel like I should be at work

There just a waste of a day. I just don't get the point. We should go from Friday to Sunday so we get the next game round quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

with chelsea spurs out of cup, if they play in league cup final it means they may play their re-arrange PL games on the weekend of fa cup quarters..thats if the teams their due to play are out of cup. all to be revealed

Advertisement