Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Quick question: when you're looking at a rival's team and it tells you how many transfers they have made, does that mean for the upcoming GW or how many transfers they made (and points hits incurred) in the GW just gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Quick question: when you're looking at a rival's team and it tells you how many transfers they have made, does that mean for the upcoming GW or how many transfers they made (and points hits incurred) in the GW just gone?

Where it says GW transfers over on the RHS under "Transfer & Finance" that's for the current upcoming gameweek. The figure for Transfers at the top right of his team points for the past GW (immediately below his GW Rank) is his figure for the week gone by.

Super Georgie Boyd was taken off on 60 minutes (give or take :p) last weekend. Anyone know why? Is his place under threat? With Sanchez out for the weekend I'm looking carefully at my subs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

http://m.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-31147475

Utd home match on wed v Burnley in danger following announcement of rail strike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

KevIRL wrote: »
    http://m.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-31147475

Utd home match on wed v Burnley in danger following announcement of rail strike

That would be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Doing a bit of forward planning here. Lots can change before then obviously, but under my current plan, my captain choice for GW28...
    Augero (Leicester Home)
    Sturridge (Burnley Home)
    Kane (DGW - QPR away and Swansea Home)

YIKES!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Doing a bit of forward planning here. Lots can change before then obviously, but under my current plan, my captain choice for GW28...
    Augero (Leicester Home)
    Sturridge (Burnley Home)
    Kane (DGW - QPR away and Swansea Home)

YIKES!

Chelsea could also have a DGW if Leicester lose to Villa in the Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Just trying to sort out my wildcard team there and decided to do up a table of fixtures for the remainder of the season ranked in terms of difficulty.

Kept it fairly simple. The colour codes are based on current position in the table. So the top 5 teams are coded red, the next 5 orange and so on. Might come in useful for somebody else.

Just trying to sort out my wildcard team there and decided to do up a table of fixtures for the remainder of the season ranked in terms of difficulty.

Kept it fairly simple. The colour codes are based on current position in the table. So the top 5 teams are coded red, the next 5 orange and so on. Might come in useful for somebody else.
    4f82556195299913c504f8c14f013133eab23cece4c485b0f4b6a2c80c4b4614.jpg

I work off a similar self-made spredsheet myself. If any of my real friends/workmates/girlfriend knew how serious I take this I'd be disowned!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Jaysus lads, i love Fantasy Football Fix for all their cool gadgets but I have have already stated I think their algorithm advice is pretty poor.

The wife asked me to me transfers and, for a laugh, used the assistant manager feature.... here's what it said to do.

Zouma > Bertrand
    Sturridge > Kane
    Cazorla > Downing

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Jaysus lads, i love Fantasy Football Fix for all their cool gadgets but I have have already stated I think their algorithm advice is pretty poor.

The wife asked me to me transfers and, for a laugh, used the assistant manager feature.... here's what it said to do.

Zouma > Bertrand
    Sturridge > Kane
    Cazorla > Downing

:eek:

The computer uprising which will destroy mankind as we know it may be a few years off just yet :pac:

Pearson out as Leicester boss. Just in time for the players to turn in a battling performance under a caretaker boss v arsenal on Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pearson out as Leicester boss. Just in time for the players to turn in a battling performance under a caretaker boss v arsenal on Tuesday

or get absolutely destroyed .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Thought that was on the cards. Ridiculous behaviour on sideline yesterday. Could mean a shake up in defence.

Hmmm, 8 of my players at home for GW25. Yet I still have a feeling it'll be a low scoring week for some reason.

• Advertisement

Dónal wrote: »
    Hmmm, 8 of my players at home for GW25. Yet I still have a feeling it'll be a low scoring week for some reason.

I think it's going to be a big moving week; captaincy will be pretty spread out and a lot will depend on the Arsenal team sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Bizarre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

How weird! Be interesting to see what comes out over the next couple of days.

Think I will hold off on Sturridge until I see how Bony settles in at City. With Yaya nearly back, they might find some form and if Bony hits the ground running, having both him and Aguero might be a nice differential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

You couldn't copy and paste that for us unlucky individuals without internet access at work please?

Edit - Its probably the announcement that Pearson isn't sacked actually, isn't it?

CSF wrote: »
    You couldn't copy and paste that for us unlucky individuals without internet access at work please?

Edit - Its probably the announcement that Pearson isn't sacked actually, isn't it?

Ya sorry that's exactly what it is, I must remember to copy and paste anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Is that a regular article? Thought I would have a look at his history:

season|points|rank
    09/10|2224|56307
    10/11|2035|46817
    11/12|2192|6436
    12/13|2256|3833
    13/14|2277|114293

Think we have a good few round here who should be ahead of this guy writing an FPL article!

Gary Lineker indicated on Twitter earlier that Pearson was sacked by one of the owners' family and re-instated by another. Sounds like a right mess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Screen_Shot_2015_02_09_at_21_08_35.png

Starting to get kind of bored now of my stagnant position. Hence my decision to bring in Defoe over Giroud this week, I've been moving between 500-2500 for ages now. Slight move back this week but I think I'll move up again soon.

All feels a bit boring though!

SantryRed wrote: »
    All feels a bit boring though!
    It's amazing how ya get bored tho. I'd love to have your position. Been hovering between 20-50k for the past 3 months and just getting fed up now, despite the fact that I'd never been top 100k previously!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Shedite27 wrote: »
    It's amazing how ya get bored tho. I'd love to have your position. Been hovering between 20-50k for the past 3 months and just getting fed up now, despite the fact that I'd never been top 100k previously!

I'm miles ahead in all the leagues with people I know and I think that's what is making me bored! I don't want them to catch me obviously but I wouldn't mind some sort of chase :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

SantryRed wrote: »
    I'm miles ahead in all the leagues with people I know and I think that's what is making me bored! I don't want them to catch me obviously but I wouldn't mind some sort of chase :pac:

Screw that. I'd happily take boring cricket score victory. Then again, I'm a harps fan, not losing too heavily is my usual taste of 'victory'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I am 200-250 points ahead at work / friend leagues.

It is a pleasure, great pleasure:D

Last year the other guy overtook my 60 points lead in last few gameweeks - don't let it happen to you;)

• Advertisement

I'd happily tread water in my current position for the next 14 GWs but I do miss the rushes of those big greens.

Paul Lambert sacked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Chelsea not playing week 27, but I can't see them down as having a double GW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

ShaneU wrote: »
    Chelsea not playing week 27, but I can't see them down as having a double GW?

It hasn't been fixed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Lads, need some help (advice)

Currently in a bad state of affairs, a couple of gambled punts have backfired!

Courtois with a non playing sub GK

Wisdom - out of favour
    Kompany - City just don't keep clean sheets & want rid
    other defenders PVA, Bellerin, Haidara

Oscar - not even in the matchday squad last night - need to move on
    Ameobi - didn't feature
    other midfielders Ozil, Hazard, Silva

Gayle - 4th choice sub last - seems to have fallen down teh pecking order
    Studge & Aguero

With 1m ITB and only 1 FT - do I hold off for one more GW, then move the 2 Chelsea players the following GW as they have no game
    or do I start re-shaping with a couple of hits

Will be looking to double up on Spurs GW27 & possible another Chelsea
    Also looking to bring in Kramaric for Leicster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Paul Lambert sacked

Depending on who comes in, Benteke could be an one to keep an eye on. Was dropped for the last 2 games, but I feel that was probably just due to his attitude. Villa have 5 decent games coming up, and Benteke will be well rested. I suppose the only thing is, there's lots of other striker options: everyone will have Aguero and Kane after this week, and Sturridge or Costa seem more important to have than Benteke.

In midfield, Gil could be one to keep an eye on. Only 5.0m, and if more attack minded manager came in, Gil could be pretty central to our attacking play, and could be great value. Not too many players firing in that category - I'm sure Puncheon owners will be looking to get rid, and I have Johnson who has disappointed. Having said all this, I definitely wouldn't be rushing to get in any Villa players, they are just 2 for the watch list!

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Lads, need some help (advice)

Currently in a bad state of affairs, a couple of gambled punts have backfired!

Courtois with a non playing sub GK

Wisdom - out of favour
    Kompany - City just don't keep clean sheets & want rid
    other defenders PVA, Bellerin, Haidara

Oscar - not even in the matchday squad last night - need to move on
    Ameobi - didn't feature
    other midfielders Ozil, Hazard, Silva

Gayle - 4th choice sub last - seems to have fallen down teh pecking order
    Studge & Aguero

With 1m ITB and only 1 FT - do I hold off for one more GW, then move the 2 Chelsea players the following GW as they have no game
    or do I start re-shaping with a couple of hits

Will be looking to double up on Spurs GW27 & possible another Chelsea
    Also looking to bring in Kramaric for Leicster

I'd start with Courtois. From the MOTD highlights, Cech looked great, including one incredible save that won Chelsea the game. Mouninho was straight over to hug him after the game. And the pundits on MOTD were highlighting how Courtois has been poor. In summary, I can see Cech keeping his place. But I'd go for Forster or Foster probably.

You have to have a playing GK, or you're down a man. Ameobi, Gayle, Wisdom, Oscar may not have played, but there's a chance they will next GW, and you'll have other subs to cover them.

I'd probably be strongly considering a hit in your situation, to be honest. You could maybe move Oscar on for someone so that you have another player for GW27, and then look at getting in the Chelsea/Spurs coverage for GW28

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Once bitten, twice shy... Whatever you do, don't go for Cech.
    He was great last night but personally I think Courtois will be back in.
    In terms of your overall team, I think I would use a transfer elsewhere and hope the Courtois was just given a rest/gentle kick up the arse by Jose.

Something like this for a -4
    Gayle -> Kane (you'll be short) &
    Oscar -> Mane
    Might be an option, 2 definite starters, Mane has nice fixtures and is looking good, Kane is Kane and you probably need him in for the DGW anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I'd start with Courtois. From the MOTD highlights, Cech looked great, including one incredible save that won Chelsea the game. Mouninho was straight over to hug him after the game. And the pundits on MOTD were highlighting how Courtois has been poor. In summary, I can see Cech keeping his place. But I'd go for Forster or Foster probably.

You have to have a playing GK, or you're down a man. Ameobi, Gayle, Wisdom, Oscar may not have played, but there's a chance they will next GW, and you'll have other subs to cover them.

I'd probably be strongly considering a hit in your situation, to be honest. You could maybe move Oscar on for someone so that you have another player for GW27, and then look at getting in the Chelsea/Spurs coverage for GW28

That's what I'm thinking

Not sure why Oscar didn't feature last night! Do I move him on as he will most likely be gone the week after anyway - a minus 4 on 2 Chelsea players before Burnley at home sounds absolutely bonkers!

• Advertisement

Chesty08 wrote: »
    That's what I'm thinking

Not sure why Oscar didn't feature last night! Do I move him on as he will most likely be gone the week after anyway - a minus 4 on 2 Chelsea players before Burnley at home sounds absolutely bonkers!

I wouldn't move on Oscar yet. There's still the FA Cup and CL games for chelsea to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I wouldn't move on Oscar yet. There's still the FA Cup and CL games for chelsea to go.

Ye I'd wait till after cl I'd expect mourinho will play fab over oscar in an advanced role against psg. Oscar should then start at home to burnley.

Anyone considering going without for GW 27 (looking at a 9 player team myself) so that I've 5 DGW players the following week (Chelsea DGW pending) with the chance to bring in another Spurs player that week to have 6 DGW players (from 2 good option teams) without having to take a points hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Anyone considering going without for GW 27 (looking at a 9 player team myself) so that I've 5 DGW players the following week (Chelsea DGW pending) with the chance to bring in another Spurs player that week to have 6 DGW players (from 2 good option teams) without having to take a points hit.

Yes! I'll probably field "only" 10 players and maintain terry, hazard, eriksen, kane.

bezuaua wrote: »
    Yes! I'll probably field "only" 10 players and maintain terry, hazard, eriksen, kane.
    For me it is looking like 9 and I'll have Costa, Terry, Hazard, Kane and Rose with Eriksen to be added for the DGW.

I mean I could go without Costa, in doing so keeping Defoe which would make 10 players, but Costa vs Burnley (who I'd probably captain), plus a plum 6 DGW players with no points hit is extremely attractive to me right now.

Your thoughts on a postcard please, people.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I currently only have hazard and Kane but if Chelsea have a double I could bring in 2 of their players this week. What your considering makes sense to me once you have a couple of the best gw 27 captain options. People fielding 11 in gw 27 will have a few bench fodder players playing not likely to score highly and will then have to take hits to get to your situation for gw 28.

• Advertisement

Exactly. I'll have Aguero and Sanchez, injuries permitting. Those are good captain options in any week usually.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads, can someone like the useful website thread we used to have. Cannot find it at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lads, can someone like the useful website thread we used to have. Cannot find it at all!

Not sure if this is what you mean? Thread i started that went nowhere fast haha :pac::pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91961447

Sherwood has been named as Villa boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Sherwood has been named as Villa boss.

Time to get rid of Hutton for anyone that has him so. Attacking points he might get but little chance of clean sheets.

• Advertisement
Advertisement