Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Lemlin wrote: »
    Time to get rid of Hutton for anyone that has him so. Attacking points he might get but little chance of clean sheets.

Ya I have him myself and was planning on playing him in GW27 so will probably hang on to him until after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Toying with taking a punt on Milner for the next couple of games, I know gametime is a risk but he's making a good case for inclusion ahead of Navas, and tends to score from the bench too lately.

I was very tempted to get him in for Johnson before the Hull game but I (correctly as it happens) didn't think he was going to start. So I went for Puncheon instead. :(

http://eplindex.com/65150/james-milner-modern-day-beckham.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    Toying with taking a punt on Milner for the next couple of games, I know gametime is a risk but he's making a good case for inclusion ahead of Navas, and tends to score from the bench too lately.

I was very tempted to get him in for Johnson before the Hull game but I (correctly as it happens) didn't think he was going to start. So I went for Puncheon instead. :(

http://eplindex.com/65150/james-milner-modern-day-beckham.html

Is it not too risky though? I mean, as you said, he's not guaranteed a start. In addition his GW27 fixture is not ideal (Liverpool away).
    Or do you want to save cash for upgrading somewhere else? Siggy's back from suspension. He may become again a nice mid-priced midfield alternative. Burnley away for GW27 doesn't sound bad too (though his away record is far from great).

iroced wrote: »
    Is it not too risky though? I mean, as you said, he's not guaranteed a start. In addition his GW27 fixture is not ideal (Liverpool away).
    Or do you want to save cash for upgrading somewhere else? Siggy's back from suspension. He may become again a nice mid-priced midfield alternative. Burnley away for GW27 doesn't sound bad too (though his away record is far from great).

It would only be for 26 & 27 before he'd be out for a spurs mid. Have just enough to get him and Studge for puncheon and Pelle. Toying with it, but possibly chasing the points I missed not going for him two weeks ago. His contract wrangle could go either way regarding his gametime, he's playing very well though and I'd expect him to get at least one start out of those two.

True though that Liverpool are much tighter defensively that they were earlier in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

It would only be for 26 & 27 before he'd be out for a spurs mid. Have just enough to get him and Studge for puncheon and Pelle. Toying with it, but possibly chasing the points I missed not going for him two weeks ago. His contract wrangle could go either way regarding his gametime, he's playing very well though and I'd expect him to get at least one start out of those two.

True though that Liverpool are much tighter defensively that they were earlier in the season.

Would Yaya back and Bony arriving not concern you? Throw Barca into the mix with champions league too. Also with all the blanks and DGWs upcoming are transfers not more precious?

I remember when I used to be a renegade who didn't play by no rules :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Where will he play with Bony signed and Yaya and Nasri now available. I'd see a 442
    Nasri Yaya Fern silva
    Aguero bony
    The game against barca is probably the most likely game for him to start in.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

How could the fans turn against Big Sam with West Ham being in 8th place? When has this team ever had such a good record?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Big Borg wrote: »
    How could the fans turn against Big Sam with West Ham being in 8th place? When has this team ever had such a good record?
    It's more about certain decisions than anything.

- Letting Zarate go out on loan
    - Continuing to play Kevin Nolan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Shedite27 wrote: »

Yeah he should have wildcarded. Id say Zarate's value has plummeted since he brought him in too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Shedite27 wrote: »

I think alot of West Ham supporters see Andy Carroll as a huge waste of money too (well, the two I know do anyway!).

• Advertisement

I think alot of West Ham supporters see Andy Carroll as a huge waste of money too (well, the two I know do anyway!).
    At 6.6 I think he is a bargain when fit.

CSF wrote: »

You quite possibly need professional help. :D

You quite possibly need professional help. :D
    What, like FFFFix and those sort of Twitter pages? I'm not THAT bad at the game.

My dedication to not breaking FPL kayfabe is absolute.

What, like FFFFix and those sort of Twitter pages? I'm not THAT bad at the game.

My dedication to not breaking FPL kayfabe is absolute.

I just meant cause you support shels actually. ;)

Had to Google kayfabe. Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I've just spent ten minutes reading about wrestling. Thanks CSF ;)

How often is he "fit" though? Therein lies the issue.

I've just spent ten minutes reading about wrestling. Thanks CSF ;)
    Ten minutes well spent ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

How often is he "fit" though? Therein lies the issue.

You can just transfer him out then though when he gets injured. He was a decent option over Xmas anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Proud as punch sitting on my new midfield and forward line for the game week ahead, cant wait to see how it goes for me....

Hazard,Ozil,Yaya,Cazorla
    With

Kane Sturridge Aguero...

Roll on the rest of the season.......

Just wait now and watch Aguero get injured again to run it all!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

dahat wrote:
    Proud as punch sitting on my new midfield and forward line for the game week ahead, cant wait to see how it goes for me....

dahat wrote:
    Hazard,Ozil,Yaya,Cazorla With

dahat wrote:
    Kane Sturridge Aguero...

dahat wrote:
    Roll on the rest of the season.......

dahat wrote:
    Just wait now and watch Aguero get injured again to run it all!!!

show us your defenders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

show us your defenders

Foster My hill

Terry Belrin PVA Hutton and Duff.

Will be upgrading Hutton to Toby W with my next ft.

To your taste then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Anyone know the story on daley blind? can't seem to find much info on his injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

neasyerac wrote: »
    Anyone know the story on daley blind? can't seem to find much info on his injury.
    Probably cause he's not injured. He played 90mins on Monday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Anyone know is Cazorla still on pens or will Ozil take them now that he's back?

spock. wrote: »
    Anyone know is Cazorla still on pens or will Ozil take them now that he's back?

I'd imagine Cazorla will take them. Ozil missed at least one, if not two, last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Current best midfielder under 4.5?
    Personally I think it might be Bentaleb but I'll need this player for the Spurs blank week!

Personally I think it might be Bentaleb but I'll need this player for the Spurs blank week!

I went for Cork. You're not going to get much more than 2 points for 4.5 and under.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Cork or Ameobi

Cork or kightly. Both have a game gw 27 and 33 when you will need them. It looks like kightly is the beneficiary of Marneys injury and has a better chance of attacking points than cork. Kightly plays on the wing and they have moved Arfield into Marneys spot.

I'm not mad on the idea, but I'm going with Costa this week instead of Sturridge.

Fancy him against Burnley to outscore Sturridge vs Southampton and City, and I fancy Costa's DGW pending more than I do Sturridge v Burnley.

Hoping I don't get roasted on Sturridge.

• Advertisement

I'm not mad on the idea, but I'm going with Costa this week instead of Sturridge.

Fancy him against Burnley to outscore Sturridge vs Southampton and City, and I fancy Costa's DGW pending more than I do Sturridge v Burnley.

I don't see myself getting Studge until GW32 and not even then if they have a blank after. If Chelsea have a DGW28 I'll get Costa, otherwise Austin probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

How many Chelsea and Spurs players will that leave you with? I presume it's 3 or less otherwise you'll be in trouble next week.

Do we still think the Chelsea game will be re fixed for gw 28. I don't think so myself at this stage. I can't see why it wouldn't have been announced by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Darrenon91

Im thinking the same. No word yet? My aim is to get 5 dgw players in for that week if chelsea are playing.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    How many Chelsea and Spurs players will that leave you with? I presume it's 3 or less otherwise you'll be in trouble next week.

5. Leaving me 10 for next week. I'm ok enough with that. I'm looking at captaining him this week.

If he scores like I've a hunch he will this week, I think the net result of that will be positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Over the rest of the season what do people think is the best combo?
    1. Yaya and Austin
    or
    2. Mane & Sturridge

LostArt wrote: »
    1. Yaya and Austin
    or
    2. Mane & Sturridge

2 for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

With Alderweireld ruled out & Bellerín doubtful I’m starting to feel this GW can be painful... The idea was banking the transfer and use it to cover the CHE&TOT blanks/double GW’s… A non-playing bench also doesn’t help much: Baird, Alder, Lucas. To avoid the possibility of fielding only 10 players I could offload Baird for Bruce – QPR (H), Stoke (A), Sunderland (H), Leicester (A)
    Presently looking at:

Foster
    Terry | PVA | Bellerín/Bruce?
    Hazard | ADM | Eriksen | Cazorla
    Aguero | Kane | useless Italian tower

Any considerations ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

LostArt wrote: »
    1. Yaya and Austin
    or
    2. Mane & Sturridge

I would have thought Mane and Austin will score quite similar but Sturridge will outscore Yaya comfortably enough. If bookies priced this sort of thing up then 2 would be about 1/2 imo.

bezuaua wrote: »
    With Alderweireld ruled out & Bellerín doubtful I’m starting to feel this GW can be painful... The idea was banking the transfer and use it to cover the CHE&TOT blanks/double GW’s… A non-playing bench also doesn’t help much: Baird, Alder, Lucas. To avoid the possibility of fielding only 10 players I could offload Baird for Bruce – QPR (H), Stoke (A), Sunderland (H), Leicester (A)
    Presently looking at:

Foster
    Terry | PVA | Bellerín/Bruce?
    Hazard | ADM | Eriksen | Cazorla
    Aguero | Kane | useless Italian tower

Any considerations ??

Bellerin has been pictured in training according to FFS.

• Advertisement

Bellerin has been pictured in training according to FFS.

Image 8 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Have stuck my current team up there in transfers thread...have a look at it and share thoughts if ye get a chance lads,
    Cheers.
    W.P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

As this gameweek is the reverse fixture list of gameweek 1, I thought it would be interesting to see who people have remaining in their team from that 1st gameweek all the way back in August?

Hazard is the only one for me. Sigurdsson would have been too apart from his suspension a few weeks back, but other than that it has been all change.

Funny to see players like Ramsey, Rooney, Fletcher, Mata, Debuchy and Bardsley in my week 1 team considering how things transpired over the last 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Just Chester (15) and Terry (2) for me. Gameweek rank of 6.4k. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

PVA and Terry the only similarities for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

PVA and Terry the only similarities for me

Same here. Captained Rooney that week, how things have changed!

Paully D wrote: »
    As this gameweek is the reverse fixture list of gameweek 1, I thought it would be interesting to see who people have remaining in their team from that 1st gameweek all the way back in August?

Hazard is the only one for me. Sigurdsson would have been too apart from his suspension a few weeks back, but other than that it has been all change.

Funny to see players like Ramsey, Rooney, Fletcher, Mata, Debuchy and Bardsley in my week 1 team considering how things transpired over the last 6 months.

None. I'm still salty about benching Siggy for Fletcher :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Just Tim Krul for me. In fact, I've had him the entire season! Benched him for his injury,planned to dump him in the WC but never did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

only Terry...

Advertisement