Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

None. Well Terry. But sold him with my GW4 WC (got Ivanovic instead who was a disaster for me) and got him back GW18.
    Actually maybe that was the start/cause of my curse with the premium def this year. Should have never sold Terry. Ivanovic -> Baines -> Zabaleta -> Jones all been disastrous for me :rolleyes: :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

http://fplacademy.blogspot.ie/2015/02/fpl-academy-team-tournament.html

Anyone up for this? First 3 to PM me with Team ID and Twitter name and then i'll make a team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

http://fplacademy.blogspot.ie/2015/02/fpl-academy-team-tournament.html

Anyone up for this? First 3 to PM me with Team ID and Twitter name and then i'll make a team

You PM box is full i'm in if you still need someone.

jimmii wrote: »
    You PM box is full i'm in if you still need someone.

Cleared up space for the PM'S :)

2 SPOTS LEFT!

1 left

• Advertisement

1 spot left!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

1 spot left!

PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

If anyone else is doing that im ill do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

6 weeks of red arrows has caused me to drop from mid-200's to mid-2,000's, and that drop can solely be attributed to going for Eriksen and Pelle over Silva and Kane which will haunt me forever! However, once I get this gameweek (which is going to be another painful one) over and done with I think I've got a bit of a plan on paper to get things back on track.

So this week my team is:
    Foster

Bellerin Hutton Alderweireld van Aanholt

Sanchez Sigurdsson Boyd

Aguero Giroud Pelle

Obviously PVA and Alderweireld likely won't play, while there's a chance Bellerin and small chance Giroud won't either I suppose after last night. Not ideal at all with so many doubts but anyway, 2 FT's for GW 28 which I plan on using to go Pelle out, Kane in and then I'd have circa £3.1m in the bank to either improve my defence a whole lot, or maybe go from Giroud to someone like Sturridge. I'm still considering what to do there, but Liverpool have a tough run from 29-32 but I guess he may well prove to be a decent differential which I could do with to bump me back up to treble figures.

So for arguments sake, say I'm at the following for GW28:
    Foster

Hutton Alderweireld Ivanovic Bellerin

Sanchez Hazard Eriksen Sigurdsson

Aguero Kane Sturridge

Then at GW29 it gives me a chance to sort out the defence, i.e. Van Aanholt (if he hasn't regained his place) and Hutton (who under Sherwood won't keep many clean sheets IMO). I could go PVA to Revilerie to make use of Sunderland's last few nice home games, and Hutton to a £3.9m-£4.1m defender depending on which one of same is playing at that time. So by GW29, on paper, I'm looking to have a squad something like the following:
    Foster/Myhill

Ivanovic/Alderweireld/Bellerin/Reviliere/£3.9m-£4.1m DEF

Hazard/Sanchez/Eriksen/Sigurdsson/Boyd

Aguero/Kane/Sturridge

Or alternatively, I could just stick with Giroud, get Bertrand instead of Alderweireld and have another premium defender. Though I have learnt that defender lesson after the January wildcard debacle! :pac: Or I could stick with Giroud and Alderweireld and upgrade Sigurdsson to Silva which also is very tempted but price rises/drops would probably see me a little short by the time the opportunity comes around.

Sorry for the long post but it just makes planning a bit easier when I have it down on paper/forum :pac: I'm hoping after another inevitable red arrow this week that I'm primed for a decent comeback run over the last 9/10 weeks. Watch two or three get injured/suspended now and blow the whole thing up!

Any thoughts/critique on the above is most welcome :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Paully D wrote: »
    6 weeks of red arrows has caused me to drop from mid-200's to mid-2,000's, and that drop can solely be attributed to going for Eriksen and Pelle over Silva and Kane which will haunt me forever! However, once I get this gameweek (which is going to be another painful one) over and done with I think I've got a bit of a plan on paper to get things back on track.

So this week my team is:
    Foster

Bellerin Hutton Alderweireld van Aanholt

Sanchez Sigurdsson Boyd

Aguero Giroud Pelle

Obviously PVA and Alderweireld likely won't play, while there's a chance Bellerin and small chance Giroud won't either I suppose after last night. Not ideal at all with so many doubts but anyway, 2 FT's for GW 28 which I plan on using to go Pelle out, Kane in and then I'd have circa £3.1m in the bank to either improve my defence a whole lot, or maybe go from Giroud to someone like Sturridge. I'm still considering what to do there, but Liverpool have a tough run from 29-32 but I guess he may well prove to be a decent differential which I could do with to bump me back up to treble figures.

So for arguments sake, say I'm at the following for GW28:
    Foster

Hutton Alderweireld Ivanovic Bellerin

Sanchez Hazard Eriksen Sigurdsson

Aguero Kane Sturridge

Then at GW29 it gives me a chance to sort out the defence, i.e. Van Aanholt (if he hasn't regained his place) and Hutton (who under Sherwood won't keep many clean sheets IMO). I could go PVA to Revilerie to make use of Sunderland's last few nice home games, and Hutton to a £3.9m-£4.1m defender depending on which one of same is playing at that time. So by GW29, on paper, I'm looking to have a squad something like the following:
    Foster/Myhill

Ivanovic/Alderweireld/Bellerin/Reviliere/£3.9m-£4.1m DEF

Hazard/Sanchez/Eriksen/Sigurdsson/Boyd

Aguero/Kane/Sturridge

Or alternatively, I could just stick with Giroud, get Bertrand instead of Alderweireld and have another premium defender. Though I have learnt that defender lesson after the January wildcard debacle! :pac: Or I could stick with Giroud and Alderweireld and upgrade Sigurdsson to Silva which also is very tempted but price rises/drops would probably see me a little short by the time the opportunity comes around.

Sorry for the long post but it just makes planning a bit easier when I have it down on paper/forum :pac: I'm hoping after another inevitable red arrow this week that I'm primed for a decent comeback run over the last 9/10 weeks. Watch two or three get injured/suspended now and blow the whole thing up!

Any thoughts/critique on the above is most welcome :)

If you think you're having a mare, try falling from 5k to 25k!

I plan my front eight for GW28 to be:

Hazard/Sanchez/Eriksen/Silva/Cork
    Aguero/Kane/Sturridge

Back seven will then be:

Foster/Myhill
    Alder (or another defender 4.8 or lower), PVA, Bellerin, Baird, Jones.

To get to that team, I'll be going:

GW27: Terry to Alder or a defender 4.8 or less
    GW28: Johnson to Silva and Giroud to Kane (I have a free transfer).

After that, Phil Jones will need to go and I'll have to sort out PVA and perhaps Bellerin. I don't think a premium defender is a huge necessity - the two that interest me are Ivanovic and Bertrand. I see Southampton keeping less clean sheets though and Chelsea have CL so may rotate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Is there any site where you can check previous line ups for a team? I know I could work it out using the fpl site but far too lazy for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Is there any site where you can check previous line ups for a team? I know I could work it out using the fpl site but far too lazy for that!

Most clubs own website shud provide that info

Soccerway is quite good. As an example, here's the Sunderland page from same website:

http://ie.soccerway.com/teams/england/sunderland-association-football-club/683/

Just click the actual result to view the teams etc for each game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Transfermarkt does that and more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Thanks folks.

Having a bit of difficulty with my bench this week. I currently have Kane hazard Terry not sure if i have it in the correct order though.

Having a bit of difficulty with my bench this week. I currently have Kane hazard Terry not sure if i have it in the correct order though.

I prefer the pointless action of putting them in the starting 11 myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I always put defenders at the end of the bench.

Proper order:D

I can't do it this week because I have no defenders left to step in, though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Dónal wrote: »
    I prefer the pointless action of putting them in the starting 11 myself.

Just to start the mind games with rivals. Possibly a step too far to put Terry (C) and Aguero (VC). Knowing my luck he'd get injured in the warmup

Just to start the mind games with rivals. Possibly a step too far to put Terry (C) and Aguero (VC). Knowing my luck he'd get injured in the warmup

Do players with blank game weeks get autosubbed or a 0?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Do players with blank game weeks get autosubbed or a 0?
    They'll get autosubbed once you have someone on the bench who has played. Otherwise, they'll just get zero.

How does captaincy work on a double game week? Spurs have a double this week and does that mean he gets two games work points double?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

How does captaincy work on a double game week? Spurs have a double this week and does that mean he gets two games work points double?

You just add the points he gets from both games and multiply by 2.
    Say you captain Kane and he gets 7 points against Swansea and 9 against QPR, you get 2(9+7) = 32

spock. wrote: »
    You just add the points he gets from both games and multiply by 2.
    Say you captain Kane and he gets 7 points against Swansea and 9 against QPR, you get 2(9+7) = 32

Oooh thats what I was hoping for easy captain choice so :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Oooh thats what I was hoping for easy captain choice so :p

Yeah Kane's captain % is going to be massive next week.

spock. wrote: »
    Yeah Kane's captain % is going to be massive next week.

90%+ of top 10k presumably a few might roll the dice on Eriksen or go with Aguero home to Leicester if he does well tomorrow (but lets hope he doesn't obviously!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I'd still be tempted by Aguero at home to Leicester but will probably chicken out.

qwabercd wrote: »
    I'd still be tempted by Aguero at home to Leicester but will probably chicken out.

If it wasn't for the DGW he'd be a lock for captain dam DGW syndrome gets you all crazy! This one is a little different so many people are going to captain Kane it really doesn't matter what he does its a ten man week really much like the majority of last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

If he does well tomorrow I'm thinking about it ........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Aguero so far this season on midweek game weeks...
    GW14 - 16pts
    GW25 - 11pts

He does like Wednesdays!

Would you go for Silva or Sterling if you had a straight choice? Aguero and no other Liverpool player are representatives from their respective teams already included in my side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Would you go for Silva or Sterling if you had a straight choice? Aguero and no other Liverpool player are representatives from their respective teams already included in my side.

Silva. He has better fixtures. Would consider sterling from gw32 onwards though

KevIRL wrote: »
    Silva. He has better fixtures. Would consider sterling from gw32 onwards though

Thanks. I was thinking the same so I've pulled the trigger.

Pelle out, Kane in.
    Sigurdsson out, Silva in.

Next gameweek is Sanchez out, Ozil in and then to improve my defence a little bit. Not many things have given me as much pleasure lately as transferring Pelle out. He will haunt me forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Pelle out, Kane in.

Next gameweek is Sanchez out, Ozil in and then to improve my defence a little bit. Not many things have given me as much pleasure lately as transferring Pelle out. He will haunt me forever!

He lives one day longer in my team since Defoe is dropping tonight and BUIB isn't

Pelle out, Kane in.

Felt great to bring Kane back in earlier. I also went for Silva in for Johnson. Like you, I'm giving Sanchez Wednesday night and then he'll be gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Sturridge and Chadli or Sterling and Austin for the coming week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Massive expectations on Sturridge v Burnley this week, really need him to hit a double figure score.

dahat wrote: »
    Massive expectations on Sturridge v Burnley this week, really need him to hit a double figure score.

I'm the same. He's a huge differential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I have Sturridge too lads, whatever about hoping for a decent return midweek I wouldn't be expecting it. He was rubbish in Turkey, and badly fluffed two good chances today in his 15 mins.

Lemlin wrote: »

Alot bigger than I thought he would be though.

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    I have Sturridge too lads, whatever about hoping for a decent return midweek I wouldn't be expecting it. He was rubbish in Turkey, and badly fluffed two good chances today in his 15 mins.

Hopefully he is starting to come right though, if he starts and fails v Burnley it could be bye bye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

dahat wrote: »
    Lemlin wrote: »

Mentioned it in the transfer thread, how guaranteed is he to start? Pool started with 4 strikers on bench today, they needed to win but struiddge only came on for last 15 mins when pool where already winning.

Lambert/Borini could just as easily start.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Mentioned it in the transfer thread, how guaranteed is he to start? Pool started with 4 strikers on bench today, they needed to win but struiddge only game on for last 15 mins when pool where already winning.

Lambert/Borini could just as easily start.

Rodgers waffling on about his post injury phase so you would imagine 90 v Burnley after 15 today would fit in perfectly .

Only decision left for me now is play Terry away to West Ham or double up on WBA away to Villa.

Unbelievably my captain hasnt scored a goal since GW14 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Unbelievably my captain hasnt scored a goal since GW14 :eek:

You should stop captaining goalkeepers...

On a serious note - this could be frustrating. At least you got some assists.

I can only imagine how damaging it is to your rankings.

wonski wrote: »
    You should stop captaining goalkeepers...

On a serious note - this could be frustrating. At least you got some assists.

I can only imagine how damaging it is to your rankings.
    Ye I have had a few assists of late thank god so its not all bad. Its hard to think that if you picked your most likely goalscorer for 13 weeks that they would fail every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Terry / Bellerin / Wollscheid / Downing - what 2 should start on the bench? Currently have Downing and Wollscheid but not sure, probably should be Terry but seems wrong to have a €6m+ defender on the bench.

First gameweek in about 6 that I'm actually looking forward to. Doubtless that will have changed by 8:30pm tomorrow, but it's a nice change for now! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I've had 2~6 players unavailable every game for about 4 weeks now. I've had weak subs, so I've slide a long way back in every league I'm in. Really losing interest in it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement