Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Are there any 3pm games on tv?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Are there any 3pm games on tv?!

Everton are on Setanta I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I think I'll name next seasons team ChamakhMaBitchSchlupp!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Panthro wrote: »

Hahaha, that's unreal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Panthro wrote: »

chamakhmaticschlupp even better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

unplayable wrote: »
    chamakhmaticschlupp even better

Let's hope Leicester stay up, if for no other reason than this!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/155218/history/

This is how you give up your FF career. Mental stuff.

345905.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Impressive to pick such a bad team! Is it full of red flags or have they been very creative and managed to do that with players who are actually available?

I remember last season someone on ffs doing that while they were still top 10k ridiculous stuff really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

jimmii wrote: »
    Impressive to pick such a bad team! Is it full of red flags or have they been very creative and managed to do that with players who are actually available?

I remember last season someone on ffs doing that while they were still top 10k ridiculous stuff really.

Given that they've scored almost 0 points for each of the last 11 weeks, I'd assume they've just picked players who don't play.

They either went on a seriously bad run and threw in the towel or else they were hacked. At one point they made 15 transfers,sure.

• Advertisement

Given that they've scored almost 0 points for each of the last 11 weeks, I'd assume they've just picked players who don't play.

Presumably that is what they have done to consistently get 0/1 but what I meant was have they just picked players with no chance of playing (long term injury or loaned out to non-pl sides) or have they picked players who are available and therefor running the risk they might actually score points!

They either went on a seriously bad run and threw in the towel or else they were hacked. At one point they made 15 transfers,sure.

Not so long ago there was someone really high in the OR that had their account hacked how sickened must you be when you logged in and saw what had been done.

Looking at his progress it looks like he just retired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

It looks like up until Gameweek 22 he was trying. Then he made 15 transfers, perhaps a deliberate move to spoil his own season as he was becoming too obsessed with it? But I think since then he's been "Retired" as you can see from his profile. It seems to be a new thing (correct me if I'm wrong) where you can quit the game like closing your account on boards. He has 35.5m in the bank so perhaps he was playing in a league where the goal was to accumulate as much cash in hand? But I still say he just got sick of it and packed it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

The fact that we're talking about it means that he's been successful. I wonder is it easy to score zero over a whole season without taking any hits, probably is.

The fact that we're talking about it means that he's been successful. I wonder is it easy to score zero over a whole season without taking any hits, probably is.

There are often a few players who move abroad before the season starts so that would take care of a few. If you had to spend the full 100m then you would need to put a bit of time into it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

6863.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

If the transfer happens, my next years team will be called Who Ate All Depays.

I know it's played on a computer and all but I'm a little disappointed to see that we have been re classed into the computer game section with this new format on boards. Why is this forum not classified under sport?

• Advertisement

I know it's played on a computer and all but I'm a little disappointed to see that we have been re classed into the computer game section with this new format on boards. Why is this forum not classified under sport?

Hadn't noticed that! Guess there isn't really a good category for it certainly not a computer game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Well fantasy games are games rather than sport :pac: *runs*
    You'd have the same argument I guess with Soccer Manager and Football Manager forums I guess.

There was talk of it being named "Video Games" rather than "Computer Games" at one point which would have been worse. Games seemed to work well enough on it's own as a title really

I think it's in the right place not that it really bothers me one way or the other where the forum is once it's somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Our soccer manager game is under the same umbrella

A GAME! THIS IS A LOT MORE SERIOUS THAN A GAME!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

jimmii wrote: »
    A GAME! THIS IS A LOT MORE SERIOUS THAN A GAME!!

yEkedF4.jpg

I thought it was only my computer that couldn't translate boards.ie website correctly last night.

Can't navigate through it now.

I do so much running to be on time to make changes, why is it now considered computer game is beyond me:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Petition : Bring back Games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Favourites. FSA.

Still works.

Problem = Zero

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

The race for who get promoted next season is looking mighty interesting. Might as well turn my attention to next season.

4th place Norwich's master plan of sending Mickey Turner on loan to Fulham is looking pretty good as he's just scored against 3rd place Middlesbrough :)

Watford on course for promotion too I suppose should be mentioned too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Be interesting to see how Troy Deeney does next season, has a lot to live up to with Austin and Inga doing so well this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

anyone know if we get the teams before the deadline in gw 38.

anyone know if we get the teams before the deadline in gw 38.

Nope, locks at 1130 and kickoffs are 1500

Nope, locks at 1130 and kickoffs are 1500

Cheers guess I wont be holding 2 transfers for gw38 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Since it's too early to open the match day thread, I'll post my selection dilemma here. I have to bench a midfielder or striker, and I can't decide whom it should be:

Hazard--Fabregas--Silva--Ozil--Henderson
    Kane
    Aguero
    Vardy

I'm definitly not benching Haz or Fab, and I'm reluctant to bench Silva, Kane, or Aguero because I'm defending a lead and my rival has the three of them.

That leaves Ozil, Henderson or Vardy as the main options to my mind. Benching Ozil against Chelsea paid off, but not sure if I can do it again (albeit against a Hull side with two clean sheets on the bounce).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Since it's too early to open the match day thread, I'll post my selection dilemma here. I have to bench a midfielder or striker, and I can't decide whom it should be:

Kane
    Aguero
    Vardy

I'm definitly not benching Haz or Fab, and I'm reluctant to bench Silva, Kane, or Aguero because I'm defending a lead and my rival has the three of them.

That leaves Ozil, Henderson or Vardy as the main options to my mind. Benching Ozil against Chelsea paid off, but not sure if I can do it again (albeit against a Hull side with two clean sheets on the bounce).

Id bench Henderson out of them 3. Ozil and Vardy are in good form and although Henderson is probably Liverpools best player lately, they are struggling to score as a team. It's a tough call though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Id bench Henderson out of them 3. Ozil and Vardy are in good form and although Henderson is probably Liverpools best player lately, they are struggling to score as a team. It's a tough call though.

If Henderson and Ozil's fixtures were reversed it'd be an easier call! Henderson did look dangerous against Hull, though you're right, Liverpool are really struggling creatively at the moment.

How's everyone fixed in their money leagues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'm in a similar situation but I currently find myself benching Silva out of that team selection and that's taking into consideration that I also have Cambiasso instead of your Ozil. Newcastle are just awful at the back

Got two wrapped up for $100 total, but in a big battle for the money places in the Boards one.

If I hold onto second place in the boards league I should rake in about 500 for a 30 euro layout. I only have one other small pay league.
    I'd prefer to have won the FSA premier league though:o
    How's yourself, bet I was right that you'd regret making that deal a while back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

If I hold onto second place in the boards league I should rake in about 500 for a 30 euro layout. I only have one other small pay league.
    I'd prefer to have won the FSA premier league though:o
    How's yourself, bet I was right that you'd regret making that deal a while back.

I'll take the €500 in the pay league and you can have the FSA premier league. The €20 topaz voucher is nice, but much less appealing than €500 ;)

Currently placed to win €470 in various leagues which adds nicely to the €150 approximately i have in monthly and the FSA league cup prizes so far. Would be nice to win the main prize in one of my leagues which is an all expenses paid trip to a game of my choice next season but the gap may be beyond me at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Currently have one sown up that is worth €300 (100+ points ahead) and as Ziegler said in a battle for places in the boards pay league. Have been up at the top for most of the season, fell away lately but coming back - never won a month or have a top GW score so if I miss out on the places I'll be raging

Only joking it has been a fantastic journey and well worth the €20 fee!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

200 wrapped up in one. Top 3 in main league get 600, 300 and 120, respectively and am 23 and 27 points ahead of second and third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

Kane
    Aguero
    Vardy

I'd put Henderson as first sub, least dangerous option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

€260 wrapped up in a pub league. 27 points ahead in another league for €750 plus wife's team has a chance of grabbing €500 in work league of Blanch shopping centre vouchers. She's six points behind the leader. I think second gets €250 so she should get at least it. I'm languishing in fifth and there's only a top three pay out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Invincible wrote: »
    I'd put Henderson as first sub, least dangerous option.

Henderson is on some set pieces and penalties. There is no way i'd bench him ahead of Fabregas. It's a close call but due to spot kick duties if Gerard is not playing i'd leave fabregas on the bench

zarquon wrote: »
    Henderson is on some set pieces and penalties. There is no way i'd bench him ahead of Fabregas. It's a close call but due to spot kick duties if Gerard is not playing i'd leave fabregas on the bench

I'd be very surprised if Gerrard didn't start tomorrow though. Nothing at stake rested during the week and his 2nd last game at Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Double up on Leicester defence or start Alder instead? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I have a similar scenario (Bertrand instead of Toby) and am playing Bertrand and one of the Leicester lads.
    Newcastle scored twice last week against a solid Swansea side.

• Advertisement

Definitely start Alder.

Advertisement