Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

1777879808183»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

manual_man wrote: »
    Matt Ritchie aside, i can't see myself taking a chance on any other attacker from the promoted teams starting off

Troy Deeney is in my notes for now. I'll probably need a cheap, plays-every-week striker to afford the kind of midfield I'm planning.

Paully D wrote: »
    Fixtures out on Wednesday at 9am. Is anyone else way more excited than they should be about starting to plan rotations and for players with good runs at the start of the season or is it just me? :)

No, definitely not just you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Paully D wrote: »
    Fixtures out on Wednesday at 9am. Is anyone else way more excited than they should be about starting to plan rotations and for players with good runs at the start of the season or is it just me? :)

I'll be following the forum here and noting certain players etc but it'll be a few days before the deadline before I start seriously looking at my team. However my disastrous start to last year might give me a kick up the hole when I'm reading all ye're thoughts and plans.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've only thought about it once or twice since the season ended. Up until this year I never got why some regulars here could even consider not playing the following year or at least taking a step back. But I think I got burnt out halfway through the season, having been probably obsessed for the previous number of years :pac:

I'm very much enjoying the break this summer. However once the game is up and running I'm sure I'll be tweaking things daily :) If Norwich ditch Mickey T I could turn my attention to Bournemouth though is as much as I've considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

was thinking of starting a thread based on the input of all boards.ie members to come up with a team to enter and have a captain choice and subs choice each week anyone think it would be a decent idea??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

slingerz wrote: »
    was thinking of starting a thread based on the input of all boards.ie members to come up with a team to enter and have a captain choice and subs choice each week anyone think it would be a decent idea??

I would imagine interest would wain quite quickly. If it was a H2H with another FPL forum then that might keep the interest up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

A bit of a "FSA All-stars" team? I was thinking about this a while back. Have a thread every week where we can discuss our transfer, then a vote to see what we go for. Could the average of 15-20 of us combine to be great?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    A bit of a "FSA All-stars" team? I was thinking about this a while back. Have a thread every week where we can discuss our transfer, then a vote to see what we go for. Could the average of 15-20 of us combine to be great?

I'm guessing probably not!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

jimmii wrote: »
    I'm guessing probably not!

it was the general idea, have a thread for subs, captain each week.

interest may wain as another poster said but if a few were interested in running it then it might be a goer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

It would be hard work for the originator (and someone would be bound to say "Hey, you're only meant to have one team") but would be easy enough for everyone else to chip in.

• Advertisement

it was the general idea, have a thread for subs, captain each week.

interest may wain as another poster said but if a few were interested in running it then it might be a goer

That other poster was also me! Worth a try but I would imagine the interest would go up and down with the teams ranking. If the team is in the top 10k I am sure people be willing jumping in to help but if its around the 1m mark people probably won't see the point in putting the time in. Its worth a shot though I'll definitely chip in. It would work better in UFPL where you wouldn't need to worry about making transfers just who to start, bench & reserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

The Wisdom of the FSA Crowd :)

If nothing else it could certainly create some interesting debate as people put forward their arguments as to why they feel a certain move is the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Troy Deeney is in my notes for now. I'll probably need a cheap, plays-every-week striker to afford the kind of midfield I'm planning.

Yeah I'll more than likely be going with a cheap 3rd striker who will be on my bench pretty much by default. Just too many quality options in midfield not to be picking 5 of them, especially if Depay is listed as a mid.

Depay/Mane/Bolasie/Ritchie/Henderson/Silva/Hazard and pick 1 of the Arsenal mids, as is I can see my 5 mids coming from that lot, summer transfers could throw in a surprise or 2 but there's already a lot of talent to choose from...

I don't think we will see much value from Depay this season it would be nice if they gave him a really tempting price but seems unlikely given its a United signing. Hoping Mane doesn't get too big a price bump love watching that guy play can see him moving for pretty big money in the not to distant. Depending on where Austin goes he could be an option again.

I don't think we will see much value from Depay this season it would be nice if they gave him a really tempting price but seems unlikely given its a United signing. Hoping Mane doesn't get too big a price bump love watching that guy play can see him moving for pretty big money in the not to distant. Depending on where Austin goes he could be an option again.

Mane can be explosive. I reckon 8 for Mane, 9 for Depay. Austin to Newcastle is most likely according to the bookies, I reckon around 8.5 for him FPL price if he makes that move, he was a hero last season after a quiet enough start

• Advertisement

Mane can be explosive. I reckon 8 for Mane, 9 for Depay. Austin to Newcastle is most likely according to the bookies, I reckon around 8.5 for him FPL price if he makes that move, he was a hero last season after a quiet enough start

Yeh seems Austin is more than likely ending up there. Could be interesting to see what happens at Newcastle this season. Mane is perfect for UFPL where you can take him out when he blanks.

Yeh seems Austin is more than likely ending up there. Could be interesting to see what happens at Newcastle this season. Mane is perfect for UFPL where you can take him out when he blanks.

yeah i'm undecided about going again with ufpl all those deadlines... ha

yeah i'm undecided about going again with ufpl all those deadlines... ha

It does take a bit more work at the weekends alright. I'm planning on having two teams this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I think a forum team is a decent idea.

It does take a bit more work at the weekends alright. I'm planning on having two teams this year!

would be good to see someone from the forum winning it. and for them to sort out their prize structure!!! i'll probably enter the fantasyleague.com (paid) game again, finished 30th out of 9,000 odd entries, not too bad. there's some decent chances for prizes in it and the game itself i found quite interesting with the strategy side of things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What are the best leagues with prizes lads? Last couple of years my league list has been flooded with leagues that don't offer anything so I'm aiming to join a few more ones with potential this season.

Falcao on the verge of signing on loan for Chelsea according to bbc. seems a strange one unless they're moving Costa on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Falcao on the verge of signing on loan for Chelsea according to bbc. seems a strange one unless they're moving Costa on

Remy could possibly be leaving and with Drogba already gone they need cover.

Remy could possibly be leaving and with Drogba already gone they need cover.

possibly... but i'd be surprised if Falcao would agree to a move where he'd more than likely be 2nd choice behind Costa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

KevIRL wrote: »

Hazard, Aguero or Sanchez captain in GW1?

Very nice last five fixtures for United.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

There is 4 gw's rather than the usual 3 gws before the first international break. I may just break my record this year and hold onto my wildcard for 4 weeks.

8-10 wrote: »

We're straight in with a close one alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

8-10 wrote:

Aguero and Sanchez likely to be still in pre season due to Copa America

• Advertisement
Advertisement