Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found phone

Options
  • 17-07-2014 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭

Found a phone around the Dublin 9 near the Spar Collins Ave West.

Contact me via PM if you know who or you own it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Hi TallGlass. If you drop it into on of the store the the network that it's on they should be able to contact whoever owns it so they can collect it. (Obviously assuming its registered).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Give it into the garda station. They can enter the IMEI into the system and when the owner call its lost/stolen, the system will register it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

hfallada wrote: »
    Give it into the garda station. They can enter the IMEI into the system and when the owner call its lost/stolen, the system will register it

Often the owner wont know the IMEI, the network is more likely to know the owner of the sim card if not the IMEI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I have contacted o2 who have e-mailed the owner (used SIM card number), so I will give it a day or two before I hand it into o2/Garda. I just think from experience the phone may go unclaimed and end up in the bin.

The phones pretty much in bad condition from whatever happened to it but I am sure the person would like there SIM card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

We found a phone many years ago and went into the garda station. They wouldn't take it as they said they had tons of them and they are never claimed. We put notices in the lost and found column in the newspaper, we got some replies but nobody managed to described the case, it was very distinctive, it was locked and we never could use it. One of those old dinosaur ones, no camera, just did phone calls and txts. They were simpler times! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Phone returned to owner. Contacted me via phone number from o2.

Glad I returned it too seemed like a genuine gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Working in the telecoms industry it's amazing the number of phones getting lost or stolen. I have to say Tallglass, it's great to see someone making a small bout off effort to help a random stranger. Karma and all that go out a buy a lotto ticket!

Advertisement