Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange outlook problem, anyone?

Options
  • 17-07-2014 8:16pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was trying to get my work emails out outlook but I have encountered a strange problem. I was setting up the account - exchange/imap - whcih is easiuly done on a phone, but I must have got the settings wrong in some way, I think possibly the server address. It can't connect but it wont let me fix it.

Now, when I start outlook, I get this message

fx3zY.jpg

I click ok and I get this:
    aqZQr.jpg

So I try it with different details but it does not work, and then I get this box, and outlook closes

LJYwJ.jpg

It seems to be stuck in a loop. I've tried searching and there are a few articles but none of the instructions seem to work. There is a "Fix It" download file but it says its not compatible.

I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it wont work. Can anyone tell me how I might be able to get around this and start afresh?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Poco90

.What version of outlook are you using? If your company uses exchange online, outlook 2003 won't work, I presume this is the same for exchange. If it is 2007, did you install all the service packs and patches for office? If they are not installed, you won't be able to connect.
    Poco

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks. It's 2007. Not sure if I installed the packs I just did the standard install. How do I do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Poco90

Go to windows updates under security in the control panel(windows 7 and 8).

Advertisement