Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oneplus Invite *Read 1st post

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Cocoon wrote: »
    I gave in and bought an invite on ebay, you can take me off the list now. If I get the chance to share an invite I'll share them here... Thanks yabadabado..
    its a pity oneplus cant release more shareable invites and people wouldnt have to buy off ebay or Chinese versions.
    I really don't think oneplus fully thought through the idea of the invites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

YanisK invited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭yannakis

YanisK invited.

Order has been placed! Many many thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

yabadabado wrote: »
    its a pity oneplus cant release more shareable invites and people wouldnt have to buy off ebay or Chinese versions.

Oh they certainly have....they're generating hype, desire and in turn a name that'll soon match up to HTC and Samsung by selling their products at a loss....but are' minimising that loss while reaping all of the rewards as far as growing their brand name recognition.

That's slightly off topic though.
    Thanks again for all of the great work Yaba

Oh they certainly have....they're generating hype, desire and in turn a name that'll soon match up to HTC and Samsung by selling their products at a loss....but are' minimising that loss while reaping all of the rewards as far as growing their brand name recognition.

That's slightly off topic though.
    Thanks again for all of the great work Yaba
    Fully agree with you. My only fear for them would be is the nexus 6 coming out (specs depending).. But I think while it's annoying it's semi genius

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Shaun Plays Games

Okay so I bought the phone using my girlfriends invite but now ive got my own invite, its a 24 hour one and it will last until about 1 o clock tomorrow, the problem is that ive pm'ed michael999999 and he cant take the invite and im waiting on a reply from the next guy, ill be gone early tomorrow so I may not be able to share the invite, should I hold on for the other guy to reply or just give it away randomly tonight? I would hate it to go to waste since so many people are looking for one. Ill also have my 3 shareable invites soon hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭gripcasey

Shaun Plays Games don't let invite go to waste. That would be sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Okay so I bought the phone using my girlfriends invite but now ive got my own invite, its a 24 hour one and it will last until about 1 o clock tomorrow, the problem is that ive pm'ed michael999999 and he cant take the invite and im waiting on a reply from the next guy, ill be gone early tomorrow so I may not be able to share the invite, should I hold on for the other guy to reply or just give it away randomly tonight? I would hate it to go to waste since so many people are looking for one. Ill also have my 3 shareable invites soon hopefully.

If you dont get the reply soon then give it to someone else from the list. Check if anyone is online. Why waste an invite. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

coldfire1x wrote: »
    If you dont get the reply soon then give it to someone else from the list. Check if anyone is online. Why waste an invite. :)

I'm sure that this is how anyone on the list (possibly other than the next guy :P), would feel.

Cold hard logic must win out here. The lads above me are right, it'd be a terrible thing to let the invite die.

• Advertisement

I'm well down the list but im online. Cheeky I know

Iompair was the first person on the list to be online, he has been invited :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

if you cant get a reply send it on to yaba who will distribute it fairly. at least that way at nearly 12 no one will miss the invite because a few people were on line. thats just my reckoning and its certainly what i will be doing when i am sharing my invites. if you have given a certain time for someone to get back to you and they havent replied give it to the next person on the list or so on

Ill do that next time, just didnt want this invite to go to waste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

Jumped the queue a bit, have my phone ordered and will pass on what invites I get.

Can't wait to get my hands on it. :D

main thing is not to let invites go to waste.Is it used now if not PM me the code and I will pass it on asap.
    imo the best thing to do with those invites that expire within a short space of time is PM the next in line and give them say 2 hrs to reply ,no reply then move on.
    I also had to give some away to whoever was online at the time or they were lost.
    It not ideal but what can we do really.

Yeah great it wasn't wasted. I will just have to be patience.

Big problem with the list,bar not enough invites, is the same people are getting first refusal and turning it down for one reason or another.Some people havent replied to PM's at all.

What ye folks think is a good and fair way to prevent this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Big problem with the list,bar not enough invites, is the same people are getting first refusal and turning it down for one reason or another.Some people havent replied to PM's at all.

What ye folks think is a good and fair way to prevent this ?

If somebody ignores a pm their name should be moved to the end of the list.
    State in the OP that anybody who is pm regarding an invite and does not respond in two hours the invite will be offered to the next in line. If the boardsie does not acknowledge the PM within 24 hours they should then loose their place on the list and be moves to last place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Iompair was the first person on the list to be online, he has been invited :)

I was online (post before yours) and I'm higher up the list!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Of theres still invites going can i be added to the list?

I think 24 hours is to long at the stage, I to be honest if I got more invites I wouldn't go through the list that way I have. I've one invite left and I'm just going to give it away to someone who is on the list and is active on oneplus thread.

Maybe , pm say ten people on the list at the same and the highest placed person on the list to reply within the given time frame get the invite. Seems fair and invite wouldn't go to waste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I'm thinking they use the 'one' as a platform for oppo find 7, as in they are almost the same phone anyway so if you can't get one for us 'well there is always this one over here that's a little bit more expensive but still worth it...'

What I'm doing next time is posting on here and asking people within 24 hours to post there number from the invite list who wants and is ready to buy at the end of 24 hours I'll invite lowest numbers. Think that's the easiest and fastest way.

@phd
    and anyone that pms you doesnt even get the invite ;)

So far no invites have been wasted but it could happen easily enough.If no reply is got to a PM within 24 hours isn't it fair enough to remove them from the list?
    I'm not talking about someone unable to purchase that day just people who don't respond either way.
    Maybe remove them from the list and they can be put back on at the bottom on request ?

I think if people have an issue with buying it they should just say it even by pm to you yaba or be moved down to when they can buy it. I would hate to have someone miss out on the invite.
    But also with more and more invites coming this week and probably next people should check their pms. obviously work and holidays come into this factor but if people really want the phone and invite then to reply to a pm after a set time should be standard. what say 4 or 6 hours? so say I get an invite, I offer to someone on the list, after 4 or 6 hours if that person doesnt reply then i move onto the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

emmetkenny wrote: »
    If somebody ignores a pm their name should be moved to the end of the list.
    State in the OP that anybody who is pm regarding an invite and does not respond in two hours the invite will be offered to the next in line. If the boardsie does not acknowledge the PM within 24 hours they should then loose their place on the list and be moves to last place.
    I'd think something similar to this.

Send the PM, tell them they have X amount of time to respond depending on the length of time left on the invite. Maybe even PM 3 or 4, who ever gets back first or the lowest ranked in that period....

BUT, if someone doesn't get back to you at all within 24/48 hours, they lose their spot and go to the end of the line.

Seems fair and keeps the line moving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Hogan1

I'm no.90 on the list but ready to order!

Number 91. Ready to order, just behind you. Look over your left shoulder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

**** it, take me off the list just going to get a Moto G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

jozi wrote: »
    Of theres still invites going can i be added to the list?

Could someone add me to the list? I can't edit it and my internet in work to slow to download sheets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Weeee! Iv'e moved up three places :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

keane2097 wrote: »
    **** it, take me off the list just going to get a Moto G

Would you not consider picking one up from oppomart? Not that much more expensive that from One Plus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Hogan1

Any reason why people haven't been ordering from oppomart?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

SteM wrote: »
    Would you not consider picking one up from oppomart? Not that much more expensive that from One Plus.

Whats the returns policy like for oppomart? Are they in the EU? Or could you be hit with customs charges?

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    Whats the returns policy like for oppomart? Are they in the EU? Or could you be hit with customs charges?

Nick

Exactly all Of the above. Not covered under oneplus warranty. Customs charges also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

Not sure to be honest. The 64gb version is $479 which is close to it's price from One Plus and they have it in stock. Looks like they ship from Hong Kong so maybe get stung for customs charges. Not sure about warranty - will it be any worse than One Plus? They haven't really been tested when it comes to returns yet.

http://www.oppomart.com/phones/oneplus-one.html

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭heinervb

Hi, Just wondering are the invites for the 64gb version or the 16gb version or can you buy either phone with an invite ? Thanks!

• Advertisement

heinervb wrote: »
    Hi, Just wondering are the invites for the 64gb version or the 16gb version or can you buy either phone with an invite ? Thanks!

AFAIK all the ones passed on here have been 64.You don't get the option to choose ,the invite is for one or the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

OnePlus have stopped producing the 16GB version for the time being to try and up production to meet the demand for the 64GB one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

According to their website Oppomart offer their own 2 year warranty (I think they've only been around for about 1 year) and say they will refund postage. There's no postal address (but there's mention of them being Hong Kong based) or phone number and a quick whois search reveals that site ownership is hidden. All in all I think I'd rather wait for an invite here!

Speaking of which to opo only give out one invite per phone purchased? How soon after ordering the phone is the invite sent out or does it depend on their stock levels?

Edit - just found this on the OPO forums:
    Many of you who have already received invites have been asking when you’ll receive invites to share. Here’s an update: shareable invites will slowly begin to roll out next Monday (7/21). The invites will be distributed in chronological order to customers who have purchased the phone already, starting with the very first person who received an invite from us, and onward.

Please keep in mind that the Invite System has been designed to be dynamic. The amount and timing of the shareable invites given out will depend on different factors, such as availability, number of invites claimed, and time of your initial purchase. If you haven’t received your shareable invites, it most likely means there are still a number of people ahead of you on the list.

The invites will be valid for exactly 72 hours and expire immediately after. Please note that once the invites expire, they cannot be reactivated. So please don’t wait before it’s too late!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Just seen this on web.....not sure if it will change your mind :-)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/netapp/2014/08/13/oneplus-one-bad-pr/

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Just seen this on web.....not sure if it will change your mind :-)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/netapp/2014/08/13/oneplus-one-bad-pr/

Look how much media attention they are getting for free, I bet they'd do it all over again!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭heinervb

AFAIK all the ones passed on here have been 64.You don't get the option to choose ,the invite is for one or the other.

So if i put down my name now ill get an invite for the 64gb version? Also how long til i get an invite? just making sure before i put down my name.. Thanks :)

Right I'm giving up on pm people. I'm giving away my last invite in 10 min going to ask 3 questions first to answer all 3 right first gets the invite don't enter unless you can buy obviously.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Right I'm giving up on pm people. I'm giving away my last invite in 10 min going to ask 3 questions first to answer all 3 right first gets the invite don't enter unless you can buy obviously.....

Do I need to pm you to get the questions or are you gonna stick them on the thread?

To save the thread pm...

Going to run this at 6 instead as the iPad is dying and so is the oneplus........ 6 on the dot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement