Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oneplus Invite *Read 1st post

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

shuyin1 wrote: »
    How do you get past the country restrictions? "Your order cannot be completed at this time as there is no shipping methods available for it. Please make neccessary changes in your shipping address."

Use Parcel Motel and set the site to united kingdom

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

AS yoyo said ,make sure you are on the UK site(union jack should be in bottom right hand corner of screen)

May I please be added to the list so I may indulge in some smartphone goodness? Ta! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Can I be added please :D, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

Yep me too the more I see the more I like the more I want! :)

Gratefully appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

I would love to be added to the invite lisg thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rog871

Can i be added to the list? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭heinervb

Question for those of you that got invites off this and ordered: are you only allowed to ship to the united kingdom or can you ship to germany aswell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭jodaw

Could i get added to the list aswell please?

list updated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 WillPainter

Add me to the list please, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

heinervb wrote: »
    Question for those of you that got invites off this and ordered: are you only allowed to ship to the united kingdom or can you ship to germany aswell?
    I think you can ship it anywhere once you have an address that can accept it and the country is on their list. Before I ordered mine, I tried to pay for it in Euro's by setting it to France and it certainly didn't stop me, but obviously I didn't have a French address, the Country of selection is hard coded into the Site you choose.

I would be 80% sure you will be able to, certainly have a back-up Parcel Motel account ready incase you can't, but I can't see there being a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

yabadabado wrote: »
    list updated

Forgot to add me I think :o
    Asked on the last page

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Forgot to add me I think :o
    Asked on the last page

Sorry will add you in later on today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

heinervb wrote: »

You certainly can ship to Germany as well, you can ship to any of the launch countries so long as you are on the relevant site. I was going to have it delivered to Germany to save money as I had a cheap (but slow) shipping option through work, but in the end went with UK + parcel motel.

FWIW, the phone is deadly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

just wanted to say its great to see people being nice to each other on the internet - makes a change :)

List updated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

List updated

Hey Yabadabado, can you add me to the invite list when you next update it please?

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lepri13

Can you add me to the list as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Hi,
    Would appreciate being added to list, am looking to break away from iOS and the one+ looks like the device to do it - thanks!

• Advertisement

list updated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Cheers Yaba, much appreciated.

Ben

:sadface:

none of my stats carried over from the old forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91758751&postcount=573

Hi yaba, I asked to be added to the list on the 16th August and others have been added before after me. Did I ask incorrectly or just an oversight?

My previous post is at the top because phone is being a scumbag!

ronano wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91758751&postcount=573

Hi yaba, I asked to be added to the list on the 16th August and others have been added before after me. Did I ask incorrectly or just an oversight?

My previous post is at the top because phone is being a scumbag!

just an oversight.Added now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

anyone from cork here who has gone through the process of getting their hands on one of these phones? whats the belfast to cork delivery time like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭dec2000

yabadabado - I got my invite to purchase but already did via an invite you shared with me earlier on the thread.

What's the process to get the invite to the next person - should i contact them myself or is everything going through you? I got the invite about an hour ago so I guess 23 hours left for it to be used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭fixXxer

just check the list and then PM next person on the list I think. if they don't answer in 3 hours move on to the next.

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    just check the list and then PM next person on the list I think. if they don't answer in 3 hours move on to the next.

Thanks, wasn't sure of the 3 hour piece - Zagato has been PM'd - will move through the list if I don't hear back from him

dec2000 wrote: »
    yabadabado - I got my invite to purchase but already did via an invite you shared with me earlier on the thread.

What's the process to get the invite to the next person - should i contact them myself or is everything going through you? I got the invite about an hour ago so I guess 23 hours left for it to be used.

You can PM the next in line and offer it to them.Just post up here whoever uses it and we will update the list.Cheers.

dec2000 wrote: »
    Thanks, wasn't sure of the 3 hour piece - Zagato has been PM'd - will move through the list if I don't hear back from him

good man! love the kindness to give it back to the community. I saw a guy from Cork trying to sell an invite on DoneDeal for €75! Reported it and got it taken down. :)
    You can PM the next in line and offer it to them.Just post up here whoever uses it and we will update the list.Cheers.

quick question on getting a pm about an invite, if you miss it in the hour window do you go to the bottom of the list again?

blocparty wrote: »
    good man! love the kindness to give it back to the community. I saw a guy from Cork trying to sell an invite on DoneDeal for €75! Reported it and got it taken down. :)

quick question on getting a pm about an invite, if you miss it in the hour window do you go to the bottom of the list again?

Its up to the person sending the PM but if its only 24hrs you can't afford to give too much time.
    No the person who missed the allotted window hasn't been getting put to end of the list but people who don't reply to a PM within 24 hrs are supposed to be removed from the list.

Its up to the person sending the PM but if its only 24hrs you can't afford to give too much time.
    No the person who missed the allotted window hasn't been getting put to end of the list but people who don't reply to a PM within 24 hrs are supposed to be removed from the list.

great, thanks for that. that is probably a fair way of doing it, would be a shame to see invites going to waste

could be an idea as well to move those who have already recieved an invite to a different part of the spreadsheet, if i was giving out an invite I would have went for the person under Ste05 as I would have thought the others in between have missed previous invites etc.

my invite has been shared with bazery as Zagato did not reply to my PM.

• Advertisement

I'm still a bit fuzzy about all this....is there any way to tell when I might get an invite? Not being impatient (I realise people are doing a favour) but I just want to make sure I have the €360 ready when the time comes.

I'm near the bottom of the list so I think I can relax for the time being!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Basically no idea. people are getting invites but most of us who got them around the same time are still waiting on those ones. No idea on the wait or how long it will take. if you are down near the end though others will be asked until someone takes one and so forth. its when oneplu start sending the rest of them out to those who bought them is probably around the the time this thread will close, as everyone will pretty much have an offer to buy one. but you never know it could be in a few hours if those before you dont answer

There's also another competition on the forum to win one of 10,000 invites...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

I'm still a bit fuzzy about all this....is there any way to tell when I might get an invite? Not being impatient (I realise people are doing a favour) but I just want to make sure I have the €360 ready when the time comes.

I'm near the bottom of the list so I think I can relax for the time being!

Ignore me :)

Oh right! The OP says "358" though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

Oh right! The OP says "358" though.

Sorry, you're right. it was £278gbp.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

Cheers for invite. Not at home yet but will be buying when I do good man yaba and dec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Anyone buy it from oppomart? €348 delivered
    http://www.oppomart.com/oneplus-one.html#

Like myself I am waiting for awhile and may go this route lol.

ronanc1000 wrote: »

Check out the OnePlus thread.a lad bought it from eglobal and seems happy with them.No customs charges

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/oneplus-one-4g-lte-16gb-cyanogenmod-version-ohne-simlock-entsperrt-schwarz-en.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

ronanc1000 wrote: »

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Oneplus-One-Plus-One-64GB-3GB-4G-LTE-FDD-Android-4-4-Mobile-Phone-5/1939506316.html

same price, but shipped from the UK so no customs

OK so what's the catch? Shipped to Ireland for €365 and, according to the seller, from an EU location!

It looks too good to be true!

OK so what's the catch? Shipped to Ireland for €365 and, according to the seller, from an EU location!

It looks too good to be true!

Seller has excellent feedback overall and on that item, people confirm its sent from UK. Looks true to me :)

I'm sorely tempted but wary. Have you ordered one from there?

I'm sorely tempted but wary. Have you ordered one from there?

Nope but I'd say its 100% safe. Aliexpress is like ebay, has buyer protection etc and the seller doesn't get the money until you confirm its received and in order.

The only catch really is that its the Chinese version which has been flashed with CM11s. There is no cyanogen words on the back cover (as it comes with color os by default in china) and OTA updates might not work. Other than that its the exact same phone and you receive it exactly as you would if buying direct from OPO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

List updated

• Advertisement
Advertisement