Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oneplus Invite *Read 1st post

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

How does the list work cause I only see 2x people who received invites and they are way down the list?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

not moaning but just wondering how quick this list moves. just to set expectations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

jozi wrote: »
    How does the list work cause I only see 2x people who received invites and they are way down the list?

Check sheet #2, I think people that have been offered and have accepted invites are moved to that sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Sheet 1 is everyone still waiting for an invite.

Sheet 2 has everyone on it(waiting ,accepted, etc)

yabadabado wrote: »
    This invite has been PM'ed to me.

I have sent the next 5 inline a PM about it.

shoulderchip and cram1971 got those 2 invites.

Good few invites based on in the last few days ,hopefully this keeps up.
    49 people waiting on invites now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

shoulderchip and cram1971 got those 2 invites.

Good few invites based on in the last few days ,hopefully this keeps up.
    49 people waiting on invites now.

big time, Id love to see a map of how these invites are being spread around, seemed to be big movement on here and in the Irish thread on OPO today long may it continue!

i assume the 10k invites coming from the photo contest today had a part to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭fixXxer

ordered mine last night, 64gb black version. once I get an invite I'll be back to pass it on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭kam3qnwvebf4jh

Can I be added to this list please ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭John C 1981

I would very much like to be added to the list please. I have been a Boards.ie member for a long time but rarely post... not a smash and grabber here! :)

Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Can you read the first post please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭John C 1981

daytob wrote: »
    Can you read the first post please?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Oi.
    Where's my invite?!!!111!
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

If off topic isn't appreciated let me know, from prior experience what's the expected delivery time using parcel motel and express delivery?

not much difference between express and normal post, sometimes the normal post gets there quicker. I think I was waiting near enough 5 days for mine, but I know one of those days pm lost it. or couldnt locate it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

Can I get an invite please? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

I'd love an invite, thanks!

List updated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Can you add me to the invite list please? Thanks ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 seanzissou

stick me down there, pretty please

List updated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

missed my invite damn
    Can I go back in please?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

My phone arrived in Belfast at lunch time - about 2 hours before my son was born!

How long from Belfast to PM locker (Galway) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

yfaykya wrote: »
    My phone arrived in Belfast at lunch time - about 2 hours before my son was born!

Hey congrats!! lol I can see the conversation now: 'Aww he's soooo cute! ' You: 'Yes, he's looker alright, with its 5.5 inch 401ppi screen whats not to love!.. oh err, you mean my Son...'

yfaykya wrote: »

double congratulations:pac:

You should have it tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Hi Yabadabado
    I took myself off the list a while back, can you please add me again?
    First wages in 5 years will be through in a few days.:o

Also hopefully the invite system will be coming to an end shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Was offered an invite during the week and was unable to take it up at the time due to lack of funds - would like to say I'm now a bit more flush so can take full advantage! Hopefully I still retain my place in the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jonnybegood

Android Spin says OnePlus settles for a pre-order system to purchase the OnePlus One, dumping invite system

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gingerhousewife

I'd like to be added to the invite list please

Android Spin says OnePlus settles for a pre-order system to purchase the OnePlus One, dumping invite system

Not till October from what other sites are saying. ... And then its still going to be a first come first get deal while they said little about ramping up production of the phones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Phone arrived today :) will be back as soon as i have an invite to share.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

folks i had to go buy a phone yesterday, pls remove me from list.

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

So I'm 36th on the list. Any guesses as to how long it will take before I'm in receipt of a precious invite? If each invitee gets three invites and circulates those to the other members of the list my limited maths skills reckon the following will be the case:-

1 = 3 = 9 = 27 = 81

So how long does it take each round of invites to materialise into a new round of invites being issued?

If there was a week between using an invite to purchase the phone and then receiving 3 invites which were immediately re-issued to the list and used same day by the recipients it looks like it will be 4-5 weeks by the time people between 28 and 81 on the list will receive invites and that assumes everything goes 100% smoothly.

Am I any way correct?

Ben

BenThere wrote: »
    So I'm 36th on the list. Any guesses as to how long it will take before I'm in receipt of a precious invite? If each invitee gets three invites and circulates those to the other members of the list my limited maths skills reckon the following will be the case:-

1 = 3 = 9 = 27 = 81

So how long does it take each round of invites to materialise into a new round of invites being issued?

If there was a week between using an invite to purchase the phone and then receiving 3 invites which were immediately re-issued to the list and used same day by the recipients it looks like it will be 4-5 weeks by the time people between 28 and 81 on the list will receive invites and that assumes everything goes 100% smoothly.

Am I any way correct?

Ben

Simple answer is :we don't know.

They [oneplus] haven't said anything about the turnaround time of invites after buying from them. From what I see it's completely random as I'm seeing people who paid for the phone after me get invites to share before me, likewise with people who haven't paid for it also getting them.

We had a good run last month where a load of people (inc myself) managed to get one but from that time its been slow. I was kinda hoping the 10.000 invites promo would kick it into gear once more but nothing yet. But the fact is we have quite a few people here now waiting for them to pass on here..

I still feel that they (oneplus) are close to just lashing out the invites as they build up for the supposed pre-ordering invite-less system they want to do soon.

At least 5 times a day i'm back on the oneplus site seeing if my invites are in yet and as soon as they are this thread will be the first to know!

Also remember that as the invites are time dependent sometimes the people next on the list cant respond in time so the invite jumps the Que to someone who can use it there and then... we had this where an invite jumped about 10 peeps as none where there and it had almost run out of time.... so I suppose those who stick close by the thread will have a better chance of getting it quicker.

The only thing you can do benthere is to keep an eye on here, last week myself and yaba were offering invites to people from the list that were shared to us, I personally sent nearly 14 pms asking if people wanted the phone to let me know within a certain time frame, only one replied saying they couldnt purchase it that time. I then decided to post that the highest person on the list would get an invite if they pmed me by a certain time. by 11 I had gotten all my answers and only 3 people had gotten back to me.
    I understand that people arent sitting in front of the pc like me most days, and its not always viable but usually its said the night before if anyone has an invite and there is a high chance of it happening again and again if people dont reply to pms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Thanks lads, I have email notification turned on for this thread so heopefully when my turn comes I'll be able to jump at it.

Ben

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

Add me to the list please :)

Done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭spartan5397

Can I be added to the list please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BOHICA11

Could I please be added? Much appreciated

Theres a post on the first page you need to read first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 BOHICA11

daytob wrote: »
    Theres a post on the first page you need to read first

Read it. Chancing my arm. I have never found it harder to offload 350. I wish they would just shut up and take my money.

If you check this thread it might help you ;)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057195395&page=75

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

Can I be added?

ionapaul wrote: »
    Was offered an invite during the week and was unable to take it up at the time due to lack of funds - would like to say I'm now a bit more flush so can take full advantage! Hopefully I still retain my place in the queue.

PM sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I got one, gave it to a friend, and now the gf wants one. The list will probably be too long for me, but just in case if I could be added that'd be great.

List updated.

PM's sent 2 people with invites and ionapaul has accepted one from the lads on hangouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

List updated.

PM's sent 2 people with invites and ionapaul has accepted one from the lads on hangouts.
    Thanks for this - phone has been ordered!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Auscast

Please add me to the invite list, I've been unlucky with the bloody competitions on OPO, even though I had a 1 in 8 chance on the last one. I've been sitting here with an unlimited eircom sim and a broken Xperia Z for a month now. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Beadyeye

Hi all, who wants an invite? First to respond gets it. It runs out in 9 hours though so be quick. Also don't take it if your not gonna buy it, I'll give it to someone on the oneplus one forum instead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement