Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oneplus Invite *Read 1st post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AleoN

I sent out 3 invites last week to people who requested them. Just realised now only 1 was used and the other 2 expired this morning.
    Cant understand why people request invites when they have no intention of using them.
    Should have given them away on the OPO forum where genuine people are still looking for them.
    If people cant / don't intend using invite they should get back to sender and they could be redistributed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

yaba and i had that issue, we would have people on the list and they wouldnt even get back to us. that, i think was why there was a 2nd list made. Sorry about that. if people are still looking to get rid of invites I would suggest just giving people 24 hours, then post them either here for the snatch and grabs, or on the oneplus forum.
    its pretty ****ty thing to do when people say they want it then dont bother their hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Lads, i've read that a few people had theirs delivered super-quick using standard shipping. Has this been the case with everyone?

I only ask because I order on Friday night and went for express shipping. However, the order is still "processing" on the site? What's the craic there?

I ordered the day before yesterday and mine is still processing as well. I chose standard delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I ordered on Saturday morning and used Standard shipping, had the phone in my hand on Tuesday night, delivered to Parcel Motel in Bray at 23:30 so I don't see how it could have been faster or why you would pay more than standard. My order status changed from processing to Completed on Tuesday morning and Royal Mail tracking which you get with standard showed it delivered to Parcel Motel in Antrim at 10 am on Tuesday morning aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Lads, i've read that a few people had theirs delivered super-quick using standard shipping. Has this been the case with everyone?

I only ask because I order on Friday night and went for express shipping. However, the order is still "processing" on the site? What's the craic there?

I ordered Friday night, the phone was delivered to parcel motel Belfast Tuesday morning, parcel motel delivered it to Kilkenny at 3 am on Weds morning. Standard delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mynamewasgone!

I have an invite that will expire in 3 days. If someone wants it and can use it by then drop me a mail and i'll send it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

A ****ty act to take an invite and then not use it.I'm not surprised tbh ,the trouble Dayton and me had just getting replies to PMs was astonishing.
    I said it early on but I think some people had no real clue what they were putting there names down on the list for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I ordered mine on Sunday night and got a shipping email this morning.

How long does it usually take to get here once it's shipped from OPO ?

I ordered mine on a Friday night and picked it up on Wednesday morning from Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

God I hope choosing Express Shipping won't make it slower to get than if I had chosen Standard Shipping. Ordered yesterday at about 3 so hoping for the weekend if I get lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AleoN

yabadabado wrote: »
    A ****ty act to take an invite and then not use it.I'm not surprised tbh ,the trouble Dayton and me had just getting replies to PMs was astonishing.
    I said it early on but I think some people had no real clue what they were putting there names down on the list for.

Ya. Its a bit like on Adverts when you post an item for free and you get "me please" and in the next line they ask " what's it for?"
    Anyway big thanks to Yabba for all the hard work. Don't know how you have the patience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

titan18 wrote: »
    God I hope choosing Express Shipping won't make it slower to get than if I had chosen Standard Shipping. Ordered yesterday at about 3 so hoping for the weekend if I get lucky.

It seems that way. I still haven't got mine but people who have ordered at the same time and even after me have received theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Ordered Friday, received to PM Tuesday night.

Just checked the status of my order and it's been received by PM in Belfast. Ordered Monday night so that's a quick turnaround.
    Could I expect it in my PM tomorrow ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

On the list I've put not available to accept until 10/10/14 but I'm able to order now if someone is able to give me an invite. PM me and I'll send you my email please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just checked the status of my order and it's been received by PM in Belfast. Ordered Monday night so that's a quick turnaround.
    Could I expect it in my PM tomorrow ?

PM say if it makes it to their Belfast office by 11am it'll be in Dublin that day. Yours will be in your PM tomorrow easily if it's in Belfast already.

SteM wrote: »
    PM say if it makes it to their Belfast office by 11am it'll be in Dublin that day. Yours will be in your PM tomorrow easily if it's in Belfast already.

Cool good to hear :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Check the Royal Mail tracking numer in your store account, you might have it tonight @ 11pm-12.

Thargor wrote: »
    Check the Royal Mail tracking numer in your store account, you might have it tonight @ 11pm-12.

Yup checked that and it's been delivered to PM in Belfast.
    Can't wait to get the OPO :)

Now to sell my Note 3

• Advertisement

mrmeindl wrote: »
    On the list I've put not available to accept until 10/10/14 but I'm able to order now if someone is able to give me an invite. PM me and I'll send you my email please!

I have edited the list for you ,so hopefully you get sorted soon.

Any of the people who gave away invites that weren't used can ye send them on again or are the expired?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

titan18 wrote: »

It will be Monday as Parcel Motel will slow you down. They do not deliver Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

Aaaaand ordered :-D Thanks sdowling04 for the invite and yabadabado for doing the organising! Can't wait!

It will be Monday as Parcel Motel will slow you down. They do not deliver Sunday.

Do they deliver on a Saturday ?

they wont deliver yours but yes they do ;)

daytob wrote: »
    they wont deliver yours but yes they do ;)

Hey less of it you :) mine is in Belfast now so I hope to get it tomorrow :P

• Advertisement

id like to think you will but aim for sat, that way if it comes on friday you will be delighted

id like to think you will but aim for sat, that way if it comes on friday you will be delighted

Too late my hopes are up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Making the big change over to Android. Can I add my name to the list for an invite please. After putting in far to much research there is no other phone that comes close to this for me. I haven't even ordered yet and I'm already excited. Cheers lads/ladies.

invite list is closed however there are invites being passed around here, keep an eye out. I am on here most days as is yaba * the 2 that kept the invite list going so keep an eye out for pms

do you have a parcel motel account? and if you got an invite would you be able to buy within say 2 days? as a majority of people fail to realise that the invite has a specific time to be used and still put their name down:rolleyes:

Got my shipment notification at 7am this morning. How long should it be before parcel motel get it? Standard shipping.

• Advertisement

Mine is in my PM now :) got the shipping info on Wednesday morning.

Mine is in my PM now :) got the shipping info on Wednesday morning.

Gah, next week it will be so!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kmcattack

Ush1 wrote: »
    Got my shipment notification at 7am this morning. How long should it be before parcel motel get it? Standard shipping.

I also got my shipping notification this morning at 7:30. I just checked the Royal Mail tracking and it was delivered to PM in Belfast at 11:16 so I should have it for tomorrow judging from previous experiences here? I'm guessing you should be similar?

kmcattack wrote: »
    I also got my shipping notification this morning at 7:30. I just checked the Royal Mail tracking and it was delivered to PM in Belfast at 11:16 so I should have it for tomorrow judging from previous experiences here? I'm guessing you should be similar?

Right you are. Just checked the tracking and it's in Belfast since 11am!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Is there any formal way to distribute invites these days?? I just noticed the list is debunked

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

invite list is closed however there are invites being passed around here, keep an eye out. I am on here most days as is yaba * the 2 that kept the invite list going so keep an eye out for pms

do you have a parcel motel account? and if you got an invite would you be able to buy within say 2 days? as a majority of people fail to realise that the invite has a specific time to be used and still put their name down:rolleyes:

Thanks very much. I'll keep a close eye out. Yeah I have Parcel Motel and an OPO account and have the cash ready. Once I get the invite It'll be used straight away!

Ste05 wrote: »
    Is there any formal way to distribute invites these days?? I just noticed the list is debunked

You can offer them here or check to see the few left on the list if they are ready to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

I have two invites available. I will pm yabadabado with the invites.

I have some invites to pass on from theroomisfire and another user.PM me if you need one.It will be the morning time before I can pass them on by PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Got phone within 4 days of ordering :D
    Haven't received invites yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

DeadParrot wrote: »
    Got phone within 4 days of ordering :D
    Haven't received invites yet?

Took nearly 2 months for me to my shareable invites, so it could be a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gingerhousewife

I ordered mine late last Thursday night and it was in PM in Belfast on the Saturday morning. Got it from my local PM on Monday. Standard shipping. Unbelievably fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

After a detour via holland i finally go my hands on mine lastnight. First impressions are that they put some effort into the packaging, its all very nicely done. The phobe is also very nice but its big, I didnt think it wpuld be that big! Ill prob use it for a week see can I get used to it

jozi wrote: »
    After a detour via holland i finally go my hands on mine lastnight. First impressions are that they put some effort into the packaging, its all very nicely done. The phobe is also very nice but its big, I didnt think it wpuld be that big! Ill prob use it for a week see can I get used to it

I think the phone is small, as my last phone is the Note II which i had for 2 years.

Bump
    yabadabado wrote: »
    I have some invites to pass on from theroomisfire and another user.PM me if you need one.It will be the morning time before I can pass them on by PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 drtonic49

Was here a while back but didn't meet the criteria to sign up (my bad, only registered ages ago and never got around to posting!)... Managed to get an invite myself elsewhere though..!

got three invites there and didn't realise till now with only one day left... friend of mine used one but i have two more left... much rather give them to someone from boards than the mad scramble going on on the oneplus forums (got mine by being member 54000-ish on the oneplus forums after i gave up trying to get one!)...

anyhoo, seeing as there is so little time left to share them, i'm just gonna post them here (within a spoiler tag) for someone to use rather than have to PM them as i don't think i'll be online again this evening... hope this ain't against any rules or anything..! (really sorry if it is!)

and dang it, i can't post links because i don't have enough posts... add in the https:// to the start...
    account.oneplus.net/invite/claim/H6LV-LMV3-CS9T-XBZF
    account.oneplus.net/invite/claim/UTAY-PSJ4-DUZW-7TT7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I think the phone is small, as my last phone is the Note II which i had for 2 years.

But that phone is massive!

Im coming for a nexus 4 and a htc one v before that. Ill see how i can manage with it but first i need to get a cover and screen protector!

jozi wrote: »
    But that phone is massive!

Im coming for a nexus 4 and a htc one v before that. Ill see how i can manage with it but first i need to get a cover and screen protector!

No I think its a perfect size. I'm coming from a Note 3. The OPO seems much narrower in hand.

No I think its a perfect size. I'm coming from a Note 3. The OPO seems much narrower in hand.

The OPO is narrower than the Note II and thinner as well but it is a mm or two higher than Note II. So would be smaller than Note 3 as well.

• Advertisement

The OPO is narrower than the Note II and thinner as well but it is a mm or two higher than Note II. So would be smaller than Note 3 as well.

I have to say I'm finding the screen much better than the notes as well.

The only thing I miss is the screen brightness slider in the status bar.

Advertisement