Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oneplus Invite *Read 1st post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

Happy days :-)

If anybody has an invite going I'd love one. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

Looking to retire my ancient iPhone 3GS before it dies completely on me - would really appreciate an invite if anyone has one available. I will of course pay it forward on this thread when I get my own Oneplus phone and invite. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Folks ,if your looking for an invite I reckon the best way to get one here is to be regularly on this thread and have email notifications on.
    Plenty of people have came here asking for an invite but are never seen again.
    Most people with invites to share aren't going to PM users,they will post here offering one but will want to be PMed.I know I'm not chasing people up to give away an invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DaperDan

Thanks. I'm looking for an invite, so will follow the thread with fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Is it 24 hours the invites last before expiry?

Plan to get one of these on Friday when I get paid, so need to time my grovelling for invites appropriately:)

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    Folks ,if your looking for an invite I reckon the best way to get one here is to be regularly on this thread and have email notifications on.
    Plenty of people have came here asking for an invite but are never seen again.
    Most people with invites to share aren't going to PM users,they will post here offering one but will want to be PMed.I know I'm not chasing people up to give away an invite.

Fair point. Thread followed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭fixXxer

yabadabado wrote:
    Folks ,if your looking for an invite I reckon the best way to get one here is to be regularly on this thread and have email notifications on. Plenty of people have came here asking for an invite but are never seen again. Most people with invites to share aren't going to PM users,they will post here offering one but will want to be PMed.I know I'm not chasing people up to give away an invite.

this is great advice. I stalked the thread for two days and was lucky enough to grab an invite that way. don't forget there's a boards app. Its handy for keeping track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

You shouldn't even be relying on boards there's only a few of us here who seem to receive invites, XDA, Twitter and begging on Facebook is the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

nexus2cee_waiting6fqzj.png

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Shady Tady

If there is one going I'd appreciate it, thanks

• Advertisement

you dont need to look for an invite, you can just wait a week and pre-order your pre-order now. i just tried it there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭KAGY

bidiots wrote: »
    Did you even read that thread?

Well I only skimmed that one but I heard it somewhere and wanted to provide a link so I did a quick Google . But there was some truth in it ... vvvv
    daytob wrote: »
    nexus2cee_waiting6fqzj.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

looking at the preorder page, theres no option for ireland, what wizardry has to be done to get one to ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

looking at the preorder page, theres no option for ireland, what wizardry has to be done to get one to ireland?
    Parcel Motel or if you can wait an extra few days order it from the german store and it'll be cheaper.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Parcel Motel or if you can wait an extra few days order it from the german store and it'll be cheaper.
    if only we had posted that, on the first page, or every 2nd page or so :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

How long should I expect before the phone makes it to Parcel Motel, from the UK site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Any invites going?

FitzShane wrote: »
    How long should I expect before the phone makes it to Parcel Motel, from the UK site?
    I collected mine from Parcel Motel 3 days after ordering but between preorders launching, Christmas coming, disappointed Nexus fans etc that could be stretched now, then again I havent seen anyone complaining either so maybe its the same.

Thargor wrote: »
    I collected mine from Parcel Motel 3 days after ordering but between preorders launching, Christmas coming, disappointed Nexus fans etc that could be stretched now, then again I havent seen anyone complaining either so maybe its the same.

Ah ya, 3 days is sound/ I'd be happy if it came before the weekend at all. Don't want to be waiting until next Tuesday tbh. I think they were quick enough when I got the Nexus 4 last year too.

Thanks

sorry for the ignorance, but how does parcel motel work? and what do you mean order from the german site when it becomes available? again sorry :o

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »

How can you get it from the German store? Just looked through the preorder process there and if you select the German store the delivery location is locked to Germany? Parcel Motel only works for deliveries to a UK address afaik?

sorry for the ignorance, but how does parcel motel work? and what do you mean order from the german site when it becomes available? again sorry :o

Parcel Motel are basically a bunch of little lockers. They have many different locations set up around various towns/cities in Ireland, so you chose your local station to collect from. You set up an account, give them a few euro to hold/transport the package you want delivered. What they have is a depot in Dublin, and in Belfast. You can choose which one it is delivered to, and also use your unique Parcel Motel number, which is linked to your local locker station. Then, because some sites deliver to UK only, and not Ireland, you can use the Belfast depot.

So you will be delivering the package to Belfast (in the UK) and then Parcel Motel will see your unique PM ID and know where your local locker station is located and then deliver it there for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

How can you get it from the German store? Just looked through the preorder process there and if you select the German store the delivery location is locked to Germany? Parcel Motel only works for deliveries to a UK address afaik?

There was an OR in the post. I didn't say order from the German site to parcel motel.

Order on German site get it delivered to mailbox.de then get it forwarded onto Ireland. That's the cheapest way of getting one AFAIK.

just realized the pre ordering next week is for a one hour period......ffs

just realized the pre ordering next week is for a one hour period......ffs

Yeah I can see endless issues trying to get into a site that keeps crashing etc. Imagine how many people worldwide will be piling into the site during that hour window.

Yep, can see it being a nightmare.

whats stopping you pre-ordering your pre-order now, having it in your basket, so when the hour comes * if they are at different times around the world, starting at the earliest one, trying to order using that countries release? unless they are all the same time. in which case then good luck to anyone trying.

I imagine the pre-order of pre-orders is to try and gauge interest so they can have the site reliable for monday and possibly lighten the load, less phases to get through as your order is saved and you just need to pay.

Fingers crossed it's not too bad, or that I can get an invite on Thursday!

tbh id love one of these but because i wont have the money until december and the pain and hassle of even trying to get one (not knowing if il even have the "privilege") is turning me right off it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Hi, I'm looking to pick up an invite if there is one available.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rob!

Hey. If anybody has an invite to spare in the next 72 hours, I'd really appreciate it. I assume that opening pre-orders might lead to chaotic delays and my beloved nexus 4 battery is on the way out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

There is talk on the opo forums they are not sending out any more invites until after the pre order. I am gonna wait for the pre order because theu have some nice accessories half price during it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kpjm0501

FitzShane wrote: »

I ordered last Wednesday and received it Saturday at my parcel motel

There is talk on the opo forums they are not sending out any more invites until after the pre order. I am gonna wait for the pre order because theu have some nice accessories half price during it.
    Got a link please?

Are the official protective covers decent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

maximoose wrote: »
    Are the official protective covers decent?

I got an orange flip cover. Really well made and doesn't add to much bulk to the phone.

I can add photo later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Hey hey,

If there are any spare invites going I'd love to get one of these bad boys!

Cheers,
    Al.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Only have a Nexus 4 for about 10 months. Damn this temptation. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Can I be added to the list please.

might be worth it editing the title of this thread to say list is closed. its pre-orders only

• Advertisement

But only for one hour on the 27th and then its back to the invite system again

invite system yes, but invite list is closed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

PM sent to mod to update post #1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

If Oneplus get off their ass and give me my two remaining invites I will give them away here like I done to my first one I got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

If Oneplus get off their ass and give me my two remaining invites I will give them away here like I done to my first one I got.

Keep me in mind ;) I am mad to get my hands on one so I can do some modding. First thing I am gonna do is mod in wireless charging from scratch. None of those diy kits :P

don't know about this as a great marketing ploy, I'm going elsewhere with me few quid, one plus one = 0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Shady Tady wrote: »
    don't know about this as a great marketing ploy, I'm going elsewhere with me few quid, one plus one = 0

What marketing ploy are you referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

Where and what time on 27th can we place orders? I know I saw it in this thread but can't find it again so sorry about the duplication.

on the oneplus website
    onepluspictureauuxo.jpg

irishmover wrote: »
    What marketing ploy are you referring to?

Invites, what do you think?

• Advertisement
Advertisement