Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oneplus Invite *Read 1st post

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

bryaner wrote: »
    Saying delivery time less than a week when I log into my account.

That's the amount of time it will take to be delivered when you're phone has been shipped. Shipping date is still most important here.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Just as a matter of interest did everyone who tried to get one yesterday get one?

I could only try for the first hour and a half and couldn't get anywhere :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Just as a matter of interest did everyone who tried to get one yesterday get one?

I was trying at home for 45 mins, couldn't get anywhere then had to leave for the cinema. Managed to bag it using my OH's phone during the trailers!

Was a bit of a disaster really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

They got it working around 4:30ish. Looks like you logged off a few minutes beforehand.

Yep I did.

After an hour of constantly refreshing I gave up.

Went back online around 4:30 and got it on the first shot.

PayPal though was a pain in the backside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭j_lennon18

I got my order through after 27 mins at 3.27pm. I think I had to refresh the page on every step cos it was so unstable. It gave an estimation of 2-3 weeks for delivery. They confirmed my order was successful last night at midnight :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Starshadow

Hi Guys,

I've unfortunately just discovered this phone yesterday and missed the pre order phase!

Any chance of an invite? Would be very appreciated!

Thanks!

thomasj wrote: »
    Yep I did.

After an hour of constantly refreshing I gave up.

Went back online around 4:30 and got it on the first shot.

PayPal though was a pain in the backside.

Ah bugger, wasn't meant to be so!
    Hopefully will get an invite so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

When I eventually got in they were quoting 6-8 weeks for delivery which is no use to me.
    Before I give up on oneplus and pay the extra to buy from an established manufacturer who have some infrastructure and support, i'll consider buying a chinese import.
    I'm not sure what the downside of the imports is, there must be one or why else would people be fussing over invites and preorder bollocks :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭fixXxer

To anyone who has already got themselves a 1+1

Do ye kinda miss the constantly refreshing the shippment tracking and parcel motel pages to see when and where it is? :)

I do, a little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I dont because I was getting by on an ancient Nokia 3210 for a week waiting for it to arrive.

I'm getting by on nothing... it's surprisingly tolerable, but at the same time really want to get my hands on my lovely OPO :(

If anyone does get an invite I'll love you long time if it comes my way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i got one about 5.30 but the 4-6 week wait was a bit of a shock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Got the confirmation email yesterday that my pre-order was accepted, and the estimate of 4-6 weeks. But haven't got the follow-up that was supposed to come within 24 hours with the order details. Wouldn't be surprised if they've exceeded their email quota or something.Anyone else get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭jj73

MOH wrote: »
    Got the confirmation email yesterday that my pre-order was accepted, and the estimate of 4-6 weeks. But haven't got the follow-up that was supposed to come within 24 hours with the order details. Wouldn't be surprised if they've exceeded their email quota or something.Anyone else get it?

Haven't received the follow up letter yet but when I went to my account, I saw that my order is already there with the status marked as In Queue.

Ya i got the follow up email this morning, and order details in my account

Information here!
    http://oneplus.net/blog/2014/10/an-apology-and-a-new-start/
    Q2: Why didn’t I receive an order confirmation email? If you have yet to receive a confirmation email, don’t worry, you will receive it within 72 hours of pre-orders closing. However, you can check out details of your order in My Orders.

Delivery are back on the order details online. For example I am now gone from 4-6 to 3-4 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Same with me, I got 4-6 weeks at the pre-order and then no delivery date and now it's 3-4 weeks. I guess I can live with that but I'm hoping it will come down even more if people start cancelling pre-orders.That might be being very hopeful ha! I'd love an invite all the same if anybody has one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭j_lennon18

My original estimation was 2-3 weeks during the pre-order and now it's saying 2 weeks. Hopefully it's accurate cos can't wait!

• Advertisement

Was 4-5 in preorder, now 2-3 weeks, delighted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

j_lennon18 wrote: »
    My original estimation was 2-3 weeks during the pre-order and now it's saying 2 weeks. Hopefully it's accurate cos can't wait!

Mine came in from 4-5 weeks to 2-3 weeks. Still would love an invite to jump the queue! The excitement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

still 4-5 weeks on mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

If you have an invite do you definitely skip the queue??

Yeah it seems so, it says that when you view your order details anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 (tom)

hi in would love an invite is there any chance anyone would have one and if so could u pm me i would love this phone and it would be much appreciated thanks

They're presumably not going to send invites for pre-orders until sometime after the order actually ships, since everyone would then just use the invite and cancel the pre-order.

Just got the second email now confirming the order.

Not that id worry in anyway, it was on my online account since yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Dazed909

My pre-order time was 7-8 weeks which is now down to 4-5 week. Happy days

• Advertisement

Still no mail, but mine's shown up in my account now, wasn't there when I checked yesterday which is why I was a tad worried.
    Order date is showing as yesterday rather than Monday. But time's come back in to 3-4 weeks

Still no mail, but mine's shown up in my account now, wasn't there when I checked yesterday which is why I was a tad worried.
    Order date is showing as yesterday rather than Monday. But time's come back in to 3-4 weeks

Yep once you got it online and a delivery timeline you'll be grand.

It will probably be there tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jamesconnery

Would love an invite please

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MasterK6683

Hi,

Can you add me please?

Thanks,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭sammyano

Please add me

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ev4

Please add me!

• Advertisement

I have a preorder, but managed to bag the phone at a decent price off adverts this week

Before I cancel it, does anyone here want to take it? I've emailed support to see if it's possible to change the paypal account on the order, as I haven't been charged yet. It's due for delivery in 2-3 weeks. Only thing is if it's not possible to change the paypal account you'd need to send me the money before it ships as I've just spent the money I had aside on my own phone!

Can change the delivery address then and you'll get it.

£285.78 - includes a green protective case (which I'll take and pay for if not wanted) - ~€365

(PS - I love this phone)

Looking for an invite code, thanks!

maximoose wrote: »
    I have a preorder, but managed to bag the phone at a decent price off adverts this week

Before I cancel it, does anyone here want to take it? I've emailed support to see if it's possible to change the paypal account on the order, as I haven't been charged yet. It's due for delivery in 2-3 weeks. Only thing is if it's not possible to change the paypal account you'd need to send me the money before it ships as I've just spent the money I had aside on my own phone!

Can change the delivery address then and you'll get it.

£285.78 - includes a green protective case (which I'll take and pay for if not wanted) - ~€365

(PS - I love this phone)

I'll prob take it.
    Black or white?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Great news from the OPO forums:
    Steven W, Administrator, Staff Member

So how are you all enjoying your OnePlus Ones? We've ramped up production month by month to meet the seemingly unquenchable demand for the OnePlus One. Dedicated fans who have been following our progress should have little problem finding an invite these days.

Now down to the nitty gritty. Contrary to popular belief, invites are not dead in a post pre-order world. However, since most of you have already purchased a device, the invites focus again shifts to shareables. This month, all customers who purchased the phone in August, September, and October will receive 3 shareable invites lasting 7 days. It’s a tall task and we've upped our production yet again to keep up with the demand. Secondly, all forum members up to at least 320K will receive 1 day individual invites. Our forum members are increasing rapidly and it’s great to see you all sticking around even after purchasing the device.

The goal going forward is to further reach the mainstream audience. We've all seen OnePlus grow tremendously these last couple of months. We've grown with the support of this community. In order to take the next step as a company and create more great products, we need to gain more mainstream support. We’re positively certain we will accomplish this goal together!

Full thread here I bought 3 OPOs in October and only received one invite (now gone) so will be raffling off most of the rest. Also I'm pretty sure I'm < 320k (that's membership number not no of posts :)) so should be getting another 24 hour invite too.

I'll prob take it.
    Black or white?

White not in production anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Account updated, pending shipment now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

bryaner wrote: »
    Account updated, pending shipment now. :)

Yep, mine too. Now expected to ship within 3 days.
    I got 4-6 weeks as estimate when preorder went through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

clancger wrote: »
    Yep, mine too. Now expected to ship within 3 days.
    I got 4-6 weeks as estimate when preorder went through

Me too, pending shipping. Still says 2 weeks for delivery.

:eek:

As of yesterday it was expected to take 3-4 weeks

Payment has been taken and its pending shipment.

Wow! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

When or how do you get the invite after you buy? I bought a few weeks ago and got delivery, but have seen nothing of an invite yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

amby666 wrote: »
    When or how do you get the invite after you buy? I bought a few weeks ago and got delivery, but have seen nothing of an invite yet.

I have my phone over two months and I only received one invite so far, I received it about two weeks ago.

:eek:

As of yesterday it was expected to take 3-4 weeks

Payment has been taken and its pending shipment.

Wow! :)

I was 4-6 weeks at order, now 2 weeks, although still "pending authorisation".
    That's with standard shipping, although I'm assuming that only affects the delivery time after it's shipped

Bah! Just checked my email, the Paypal authorisation failed for some stupid reason. They'll try again in a few days. Weirdly, Crashplan mailed me this morning too to say my plan renewal failed. Just used my credit card though, so don't think it's that, unless AIB have blocked my card again for suspicious transations (i.e. using Hailo)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭uncle-mofo

If anyone has a spare invite to give away I'd love it, it'd be most appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mushroom

Hey, could somebody hook a brother up with an invite?

My S3 was stolen in Coppers 2 weeks ago and I've been hoping on an OPO invite since. I'm a <320k member of the OPO forums so I should receive a 24 hr invite within the month, but if somebody gives me an invite, I'll obviously pay the other one forward.

Which ends up cheaper - ship to UK or Germany? Anyone get shafted with customs?

Germany with mailboxde.com but haven't tried it myself yet - used Parcelmotel for my OPOs & paid extra to increase the insurance. No customs issues as they ship from their EU warehouse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement