Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oneplus Invite *Read 1st post

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

I got it working and ordered the 64GB sandstone black version from the German site,
    It was €299 + €19.99 standard or €23.99 express shipping, I thought it was going to be €4.99 standard or €9.99 express?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Trevaldo

Hey guys, any invites going? I'll eventually post enough times in this thread to get one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

Any invites going? Would be appreciated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I know a few people haven just asked for an invite, but there doesn't seem to be any kind of queue, so I have one, first to PM gets it.

Edit: Gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Nolimits wrote: »
    I know a few people haven just asked for an invite, but there doesn't seem to be any kind of queue, so I have one, first to PM gets it.

That was snapped up quick :eek:

I'm not totally convinced that these invites aren't a massive running joke that everyone else is in on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Trevaldo

Ha obviously I'm not in on it either! Just hope if there is one, that whoever gets it actually is using it and not just taking it on the off chance they might fancy a new phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

Hi Guys,
    Can any fellow boardies pm me an invite if they are not using one.
    I want to get the phone for my son for christmas.
    Thanks
    Pajoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kazoolians

Got my phone about a month ago, so far going very well, got my invite today. It's only valid for 24 hrs so whoever wants it has to be ready to buy it tonight/tomorrow. I'm living in Germany so it was straightforward for me but I assume the clever people who frequent this great site have figured out how to get one into Ireland!!

Just PM for the link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Nolimits wrote: »

Just ordered there, thanks again for the invite!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Hey,

I got an invite and was about to order, but there was no mention of how long shipping would be.

From anyone that has ordered from an invite in the last few days did you get a shipping estimate. At the end of the pre-order a few weeks ago, they were saying 8 weeks shipping.

Cheers,
    Al.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

I ordered earlier and it said I'd receive a tracking number in the next 1-3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 txd73

Oneplus One invite for Sandstone Black 64GB valid until November 12th 16:00 GTM. Will send to first PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Just got an invite over on the oneplus one forums. Took about 2 days of trying. Lots of pain in the ass threads looking for jokes, guess my favourite colour/game etc, solve an equation. Basically you name it and someone has come up with a hoop to jump through! In the end got mine from a guy who just picked me at random from his replies. I'd say some of the posters there are just sadistic messers with no invites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

txd73 wrote: »
    Oneplus One invite for Sandstone Black 64GB valid until November 12th 16:00 GTM. Will send to first PM.

Pmed you there

• Registered Users Posts: 3 txd73

txd73 wrote: »

Gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭ElectroJazz

I got an invite on here a few weeks ago and managed to get one soon after and have to say it's a brilliant phone, really really happy with it.

Anyway they finally sent me an invite today and I want to pass on the favour to someone else so first to PM me will get it.
    It expires at midday tomorrow

EDIT: gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

I got an invite here a few weeks ago, so it's only fair that I offer my invite to someone here.

First to quote this post in thread gets it (don't want my inbox clogged up!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

G rock wrote: »
    I got an invite here a few weeks ago, so it's only fair that I offer my invite to someone here.

First to quote this post in thread gets it (don't want my inbox clogged up!)

I'll grab it if available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I got an invite on here a few weeks ago and managed to get one soon after and have to say it's a brilliant phone, really really happy with it.

Anyway they finally sent me an invite today and I want to pass on the favour to someone else so first to PM me will get it.
    It expires at midday tomorrow

EDIT: gone

Thanks and used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

higster wrote: »
    I'll grab it if available.

PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭actuar90

PM me for invite for Sandstone Black 64GB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

actuar90 wrote:

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Any more invites guys? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

actuar90 wrote:

thanks! claimed tonight. can't wait :-)

will definitely return favour and post here when invite received

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kpjm0501

Have an invite to give away pm me for it :)

• Advertisement

only a few hours left to claim it

kpjm0501 wrote: »
    only a few hours left to claim it

Gone to digitaldr

kpjm0501 wrote: »
    Gone to digitaldr

Thanks - just placed my order :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 breenooo1986

zep wrote: »
    Any more invites guys? Thanks

Sent you one there now

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Sent you one there now

Really appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

I was originally 6 weeks for the pre-order, just got a note this morning saying the payment's been taken, should be shipping in the next couple of days. Estimated delivery time 1-2 weeks (that was standard shipping).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

If anymore are floating about, can you send one myway - I had a hope of getting one, but no joy :(

If I don't have an invite this evening I'm probably giving up completely and going for the LG G3 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

ive an invite lads, but they say they dont deliver to ireland, how are ye getting them here? sorry for the ignorance

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

ive an invite lads, but they say they dont deliver to ireland, how are ye getting them here? sorry for the ignorance

Use parcel motel, or mailboxde (Germany)
    Mailboxde will be a bit cheaper due to fx rates, but not a whole lot as shipping is a good bit more.

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Use parcel motel, or mailboxde (Germany)
    Mailboxde will be a bit cheaper due to fx rates, but not a whole lot as shipping is a good bit more.

thanks a million, as someone who has never used parcel motel, how exactly do i set it up? any info is much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Set up parcel motel
    get your pm id
    set up pay pal address to match your parcel motel address
    (you will need your name and pm id to be put in here)
    go to oneplus.net
    change your settings on that to match your paypal address and parcel motel address.
    go to oneplus.net
    put the invite in
    change the country settings to uk
    order your phone to your parcel motel account
    wait
    ensure that you have gotten the extra liability and you should be ok

This has been said on the first page and pretty much going back at least 10 pages every time on this thread. its also been explained time and time again on every uk bargain like from asda direct, or tesco direct etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

I have one invite to spare.

And it is gone. Sorry folks.

Shipping to Germany, then mailbox.de
    Think it's about 40 quid cheaper than the UK, about 15 for onward shipping.

I bought two, one for a friend, so splitting the shipping will save a bit more.

Actually, just checked the calculations I did before buying, with standard shipping it's 46 Euro cheaper to go via Germany than the UK, maybe 15 more to use mailbox.de than parcel motel, so about 30 quid cheaper delivered.
    Downside is you might get an EU charge instead of a UK one, but I've a million of those already

They've only been shipping with a proper UK charger recently - used to be just an EU one +adapter. For fast charging you need a 2.1 amp one.

MOH wrote: »

I bought two, one for a friend, so splitting the shipping will save a bit more.

Just wondering can you order 2 phones with one invite?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 citizen1110

Anyone with a spare invite, I'd really appreciate it.. Don't want to face the pre-order ques :/

digitaldr wrote: »

Don't know. I ordered during the pre-order window
    Although I do get the "skip the queue if you have an invite" message alongside my order

digitaldr wrote: »

You can, the invite just allows you to make a purchase but you could order two of everything in the store if you wanted

god damn it why is this parcel motel registration text taking so long :(

You can, the invite just allows you to make a purchase but you could order two of everything in the store if you wanted

Thanks for that bit late now unfortunately :(

Unlucky lad, I'm hoping to order two on an invite if I can find one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

If anyone has an invite to spare I'd really appreciate it!

When ye put yer parcel motel address into the ono cart did ye put yer name and pmid at the start? Also can i just use a credit card or does it have to be paypal?

well its ordered, hopefully i have parcel motel all set up right :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

clancger wrote: »
    Mine shipped Thurs lunchtime from Heathrow, and was transferred to East Midlands, then Leipzig by Fri evening, expected to arrive with Mailboxde tomorrow.
    They are very remote in Germany, in the south-east extremity of the old East, on the Border corner where it adjoins Czech Rep and Poland.
    When it arrives there, they'll mail me to ask how I want it shipped to Ireland.
    As it happens I have to go to Stuttgart with work Wed & Thurs so I might get it brought there instead.

Looking at the bigger picture, I might have been as well off ordering via UK & Parcelmotel. Would have cost a few € more, but would prob have it by now or tomorrow latest

I got it delivered to a friend in Frankfurt in the end and picked it up last night. Bloody hell it's big ;-) at least compared to my 4S.

Mailboxde worked out well enough, they received it Monday morning, and sent me a mail asking how i wanted it forwarded and giving me a bunch of options.
    If I'd gotten it sent to Ireland i think it was about €18 incl insurance up to €500, and it was only € to get it brought to Frankfurt.

The total price was €299, and €23 for express to Germany, and the €8 to bring it to Frankfurt. Happy days.

1 last thing... getting it sent to Germany does mean you get an EU 2 pin charger instead of a UK one

Advertisement