Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oneplus Invite *Read 1st post

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

to anyone that has used parcel motel would ye mind giving this a quick once over? (sorry i know its been asked a hundred times)
    i put my address down for my purchase and it looks like this:

full name
    full name, PM****** Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey, Co Antrim, BT36 4PE
    United Kingdom

will that be ok? once it get delivered to there, it gets sent to my nearest pm kiosk, and when i remove it it removes the money from my balance?

first time using this service so im unsure and i really want to get my ono :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

"will that be ok? once it get delivered to there, it gets sent to my nearest pm kiosk, and when i remove it it removes the money from my balance?"

nope, the money gets removed afaik when it enters the box. otherwise people could leave it there for over the 2 day stay that you pay for, ie if its more than 2 days you pay another amount = 3.50 or 3.95 or whatever it is
    everything else is correct though

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

Id love an invite thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

to anyone that has used parcel motel would ye mind giving this a quick once over? (sorry i know its been asked a hundred times)
    i put my address down for my purchase and it looks like this:

full name
    full name, PM****** Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey, Co Antrim, BT36 4PE
    United Kingdom

will that be ok? once it get delivered to there, it gets sent to my nearest pm kiosk, and when i remove it it removes the money from my balance?

first time using this service so im unsure and i really want to get my ono :)

You're mostly right.

Afaik No need to have your name in the address though. They just want your name to match the PM ID. :)

(wait for a second opinion before taking my word for it though!)

Grudaire wrote: »
    You're mostly right.

Afaik No need to have your name in the address though. They just want your name to match the PM ID. :)

(wait for a second opinion before taking my word for it though!)

shouldnt make a difference with it in? :o:o:o

• Advertisement

no it doesnt make a difference with it in it either

thanks lads, more at ease now knowing i didnt funk it up :) how long did it take ye to get yer phones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Should take about 5 working days. You might want to consider paying Parcelmotel an extra €3.50 to increase insurance cover from €100 to €500 - just hit the increase liability button. Having said that there's rarely problems at their end but you never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Hey,

So I got an invite on Tuesday and ordered the phone for my Mam (I already have one!!) that evening. I picked the express shipping option and I got a mail this morning (Thursday) that is has shipped and is currently in Heathrow so it should be here via parcel Motel soon!

Strange the when I went to do a pre order 2 weeks ago, it told me 8 weeks shipping! Looks like invites are the way to go!

Cheers,
    Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭free_man

An invite for me please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

BigAl81 wrote: »
    Hey,

So I got an invite on Tuesday and ordered the phone for my Mam (I already have one!!) that evening. I picked the express shipping option and I got a mail this morning (Thursday) that is has shipped and is currently in Heathrow so it should be here via parcel Motel soon!

Strange the when I went to do a pre order 2 weeks ago, it told me 8 weeks shipping! Looks like invites are the way to go!

Cheers,
    Al.

How do you track it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭BigAl81

To track the order I got an email two days after I placed my order telling me the phone has been shipped and to log on to my account to track it.

There was a link in the 'my orders' section.

Cheers,
    Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Smurfvin

I'd love an invite if anyone has one to spare.
    Left my phone in a taxi (sober honest) at the start of this week and haven't been able to get it back. It's been a hard week.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Anyone desperate for one? I'm half thinking of selling my black 64GB to go back to the Oppo Find 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

im back on the hunt for another invite if someone has one. Ive managed to get 4 of these phones for friends, and my buddy just asked for one for his missus. So if you have one id accept it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

Anyone desperate for one? I'm half thinking of selling my black 64GB to go back to the Oppo Find 7.

Why? Problems with the oneplus one?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭suilen

Also looking for an invite if there are any going spare, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭irishchris

invite appreciated here as well if anyone has one going as just about to pick one up today if can get an invite cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

thomasj wrote: »
    Why? Problems with the oneplus one?

Not so much problems just dont think the camera app in CM (or others I've tried) is performing to what it should. However I had a brainwave last night and am gonna try ColorOS on it first seeing as anyone using that has reported its just as good as the Find 7 camera (which blew the 1+ out of the water imo) which it should as there hardware is the exact same. The ColorOS camera app really works the full potential out of teh harware. Will report back when I get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Yontab

Longtime user on Boards but have had to set up new acc, as my friends and other half know my log in.
    Looking Forman invite for the one plus one, trying to get one for hubby for his birthday

• Advertisement

Rumour has it over on the oneplus one forums that invites ate drying up ahead of the next round of preorders on Monday. Maybe you should try preordering instead?

does shipping happen during sunday?

If you mean Parcelmotel then the answer is yes :)

digitaldr wrote: »
    Rumour has it over on the oneplus one forums that invites ate drying up ahead of the next round of preorders on Monday. Maybe you should try preordering instead?

Sure oneplus said that anyone who bought oneplus ones august-october would get 3 7 day invites each.

digitaldr wrote: »
    If you mean Parcelmotel then the answer is yes :)

well i paid for DHL express, so i presume its them delivering at the moment to parcel motel, god it would be great to get a text tomorrow night :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Went with standard and took only 3 days, dont see the point in paying extra for express, its not any quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭gabhan16

any invites left by any chance please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

looking for a invite if anyone has any

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Hey, I'd anyone has a spare invite is really appreciate it. My nexus died on Thursday :-(

• Advertisement

well i paid for DHL express, so i presume its them delivering at the moment to parcel motel, god it would be great to get a text tomorrow night :D

Don't worry, even if you get it Monday you'll love it, take it from me! :)

Q_Ball wrote: »
    Hey, I'd anyone has a spare invite is really appreciate it. My nexus died on Thursday :-(

With the preorders on Monday , I think they've halted invites for the moment but they'll be back and there will be enough knocking around.

You might be better off giving preorders a shot on Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 acmilanlegend

I'd like an invite if theres any going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Just got my phone yesterday. It's quite a slab compared to nexus 5. Think its a great piece of kit.

Whenever I get an invite I will pass on the favour.

It'll only take you a couple of days to get used to the size.

Anyone know if I can set the payment country to be a country in the eurozone but still have the phone delivered to the UK?

• Advertisement

drop down to the bottom right, change us flag to uk.
    thats how all of us who ordered to parcel motel did it

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Anyone know if I can set the payment country to be a country in the eurozone but still have the phone delivered to the UK?

I don't think so, I did try with no luck...
    Would be very handy!

How long did it take after parcel motel signed for it before ye got a text from them?

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I don't think so, I did try with no luck...
    Would be very handy!

Yeah, it's working out at €350+ if I put it through as sterling but only €299 if I put it through France or whatever. Annoying that you can't change the address though

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭munkee

Anyone planning to pre-order today?

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's working out at €350+ if I put it through as sterling but only €299 if I put it through France or whatever. Annoying that you can't change the address though

You can select Germany and use mailboxde.com.

I don't have time to figure out how to use that, and IIRC in total after shipping from Germany the saving is only about €25.

I'm going to stick with Parcel Motel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Pre order accepted and confirmed!
    Thank you for pre-ordering your OnePlus One! We anticipate that your order will be ready to ship in 1-2 weeks. You will receive a separate email within 24 hours notifying you of your order details which can then be viewed in your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

yeah same here accepted and confirmed...was online like at 1 second past 4 and it still said 1-2 weeks delivery to Northern Ireland! Mustn't have any ready to rock!

I was going to order, but got cold feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

It's not allowing me to? Telling me to ensure my Paypal account is registered in one of the 16 launch countries?
    Any way around this? Trying to get it delivered to Germany

Edit: Randomly worked after 3-4 attempts. Went from 1-2 weeks delivery time to 2-3 weeks in the process

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Got mine ordered, needed to click on the "pre-order" now button about 5 times before it brought me to the page where I could actually buy it.

2-3 week wait for me, also went for slower shipping seeing as if I can wait the 2-3 weeks I can wait another couple of days!

Good timing for me, my ol nexus 4, while still snappy, the battery is gone to the dogs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Got mine ordered, needed to click on the "pre-order" now button about 5 times before it brought me to the page where I could actually buy it.

2-3 week wait for me, also went for slower shipping seeing as if I can wait the 2-3 weeks I can wait another couple of days!

Good timing for me, my ol nexus 4, while still snappy, the battery is gone to the dogs

Exact same boat. Had some trouble with the site but got it ordered eventually.

Reason I'm upgrading is also cause of the battery life of my N4.

Meant to pick standard shipping, but will all the messing and crashing I ended up with the faster shipping. Ah well, just happy to have it ordered. Bit of an impluse buy when I realised the pre-order was open today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Exact same boat. Had some trouble with the site but got it ordered eventually.

Reason I'm upgrading is also cause of the battery life of my N4.

Meant to pick standard shipping, but will all the messing and crashing I ended up with the faster shipping. Ah well, just happy to have it ordered. Bit of an impluse buy when I realised the pre-order was open today.

Same thing happened to me with shipping. I'm sure I had standard selected because I did some research into it.

But when I got to the confirmation screen it was listed as express. I didn't want to go back in case I lost my place or the site crashed again so I went ahead with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Same thing happened to me with shipping. I'm sure I had standard selected because I did some research into it.

But when I got to the confirmation screen it was listed as express. I didn't want to go back in case I lost my place or the site crashed again so I went ahead with it.

It was actually the same for me too! I had registered the pre-order yesterday with Standard shipping, when I got to the order summary screen it was express, but I chanced the back button and I was able to change it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SeanC165

Agghh...between one thing and another, missed it!

Would love an invite!

• Advertisement
Advertisement