Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oneplus Invite *Read 1st post

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

My phone got delivered to parcel motel (at least i presume, name was s.hawthorne) at 12 today, but i havnt heard a thing from them yet, is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

My phone got delivered to parcel motel (at least i presume, name was s.hawthorne) at 12 today, but i havnt heard a thing from them yet, is this normal?

mine got signed for on Friday by parcel motel. I then got an email 12.30 sat night /sun morning and then a Text at seven Sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭setanta1984

I've been tossing up between the Nexus 6 and this, decided the price difference is just too good to pass up.

Would love an invite please! Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

If I recall correctly, if its after 11 today that its delivered it won't go to your parcel motel until sometime tomorrow (probably tomorrow night)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

PM me for invites. Have 3 to give away.

EDIT : All gone.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ok so on impulse I took the plunge and ordered today - however a few hours later and I'm having regrets. The reason being is I totally forgot about Car mounts. I use my phone in my car a lot - my current phone is a HTC One M7 and it has a fantastic car dock made by HTC. Its mounted on my dash and when it slides in the charger automatically connects so I dont have to fiddle with a cable. It's brilliant I love it. I've just realised I probably wont find the same thing for the OnePlus One.

Does anyone know if such a car docs exists for the One?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

yfaykya wrote: »

All gone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Zascar wrote: »
    Ok so on impulse I took the plunge and ordered today - however a few hours later and I'm having regrets. The reason being is I totally forgot about Car mounts. I use my phone in my car a lot - my current phone is a HTC One M7 and it has a fantastic car dock made by HTC. Its mounted on my dash and when it slides in the charger automatically connects so I dont have to fiddle with a cable. It's brilliant I love it. I've just realised I probably wont find the same thing for the OnePlus One.

Does anyone know if such a car docs exists for the One?

I don't have this phone myself. Worth checking this thread. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93037272&postcount=1204

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭gabhan16

All gone.
    I was too slow 😭

• Advertisement

EDIT : All gone.

Many thanks to yfaykya, just ordered mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭gabhan16

Anyone else feeling generous?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

munkee wrote: »
    You can select Germany and use mailboxde.com.

I don't have time to figure out how to use that, and IIRC in total after shipping from Germany the saving is only about €25.

I'm going to stick with Parcel Motel.

I went the Parcelmotel route as wouldn't have had the patience to wait the extra few days. I ordered opos for 2 relatives - they're in no great hurry so used mailboxde.com - opos are enroute. €25 is not a whole lot of money but it would buy you a case & glass screen protector.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

Lads and ladies I've done the pre-order and it has changed today from 1-2 weeks to 2-3 weeks delivery so if anyone has an invite going spare that would allow me to skip the queue they say that would be great...cheers!

I ordered yesterday using an invite, and Express shipping. Hearing a lot of people like the poster above getting long delivery times.
    Does using an invite mean I should definitely receive the order in the 1-5 day timeframe they state for express shipping? Or are all orders very long because of the preorders yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭munkee

I ordered yesterday using an invite, and Express shipping. Hearing a lot of people like the poster above getting long delivery times.
    Does using an invite mean I should definitely receive the order in the 1-5 day timeframe they state for express shipping? Or are all orders very long because of the preorders yesterday?

There's a backlog of folks who bought via invite before the pre-order whose payment never went through correctly. All their orders have to be processed before the pre-order ones yesterday.

There's a monster thread on it:
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/pending-payment.180264/page-118

Edit: I see you used an invite- not sure how it impacts invite orders. Either way, all those earlier invites have to be rectified first.

• Advertisement

There's a backlog of folks who bought via invite before the pre-order whose payment never went through correctly. All their orders have to be processed before the pre-order ones yesterday.

There's a monster thread on it:
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/pending-payment.180264/page-118

Edit: I see you used an invite- not sure how it impacts invite orders. Either way, all those earlier invites have to be rectified first.

Interesting, thanks for that. My Order Status is currently "Processing" so not sure where that leaves me

Sadly it looks like they had a bit of a PayPal clusterfcuk just days before the pre-order, which is unfortunate timing.

They seem to be working to sort it out, but there are a lot of irate folks who've had their order pending for several days. This is one area where their size really hurts them- they don't seem to have enough staff to respond to customers individually, so folks are left waiting, ranting on threads, etc until it's resolved, which undoubtedly it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 m.coughlan

If anyone has an invite I'd love one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gallifreylad

Hi Guys,

I'd appreciate an invite if there is one going. Retiring my HTC One.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Looking for an invite if anyone has one going

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

Hi all,

Looking for one for my daughter for Christmas...invite much appreciated.

Thanks.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Red_Spark

Looking for a invite.And i will be sharing invites if I get extras myself.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

For anyone comparing the shipping options:

I bought 2 phones via Germany @299 each + 10.99 delivery.
    Mailboxde.com was fairly straightforward, had it up on their site within an hour of DHL marking it delivered. Default shipping option was Czech post @15.14, I went with UPS for 1.80 extra. There's a 2.80 handling charge and an 80 cent Paypal fee.

Total for 2 phones, €629.57, or €315 each.

Going the UK route would have been GBP 269*2 + 4.99 = 542.99, which was about EUR 709 when I ordered, more like 695 now. Add Parcel Motel 3.95.

Total for 2 phones about €699, or €350 each.

It's obviously going to be quicker going via the UK. Mine got picked up in London Friday afternoon, stuck in Gatwick over the weekend, and arrived in Zittau just after lunch today. Assuming they UPS it tomorrow, should hopefully have it by Friday. If I gone the UK option, I'd probably have it already. But since I'm not in a rush I'd rather save the money.

If you're buying one phone, most of the figures will be the same, but the Germany-Ireland UPS might be cheaper

Forgive my laziness- so with Mailboxde, you just create an account, specify your Irish address, and once they receive the package, you choose how to get it shipped here?

Are there any insurance options?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Forgive my laziness- so with Mailboxde, you just create an account, specify your Irish address, and once they receive the package, you choose how to get it shipped here?

Yeah, I got mine delivered there today.
    You setup the account and they email you when it arrives. You then load your account by PayPal and send it.

I had about 15 options for postage from 9 to 30 euro.
    The basic one only had 35 insurance so I chose a priority service with 500 insurance, it cost 4 quid more I think.
    There is a range from 35 to 1000 I think.

Hopefully it's out tomorrow and with me on Friday too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Anyone with an invite, be much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I have 2 invites if anyone wants them. PM me, first come first served.

:GONE:

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭super_freddie

Disgusted, just saw I missed out on fixxxer's invites - throwing my name in the hat if there are any others going.

Thanks!
    super_freddie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

I got an invite. If someone PM's me it is there. I would hate for such a beautiful thing to go to waste...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

Hi NTC

I would love that invite if it's not gone

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Is there no queue for invites anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

There was, yabba and myself were in charge of it. when it reached a stage were everyone on it had gotten their invites then it was closed. now its just if you happen to be on at the right time, or keep notifications open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Instant email notification, a bit of luck and a quick private message to whoever posts up is your best bet..

Got me a shiny new 1+ :)

Ordered Monday night with an invite, package out for delivery with DHL this morning! (delivered to a UK address, express shipping) Well impressed with that service :D

I didn't realise that OnePlus have a UK warehouse, just noticed that on a thread on their forums. So that's why they're shipping so quickly. I wonder why they have an express/standard shipping option within the UK?

These were the shipping options I got from Mailboxde.com to Dublin
    Again, this is for two phones, one may be cheaper:

Type of transport|Freight incl. VAT|Total
    Czech Post - Registered Mail, Insured up to 35 EUR|15,14 EUR|17,94 EUR
    Deutsche Post Weltpaket - Priority, Insurance up to 500 EUR|15,18 EUR|17,98 EUR
    UPS Standard - Insurance up to 500 EUR|16,98 EUR|19,78 EUR
    Deutsche Post - Small Package, Insurance up to 35 EUR|22,79 EUR|25,59 EUR
    Deutsche Post - Small Package, Insurance up to 100 EUR|24,57 EUR|27,37 EUR
    Deutsche Post - Small Package, Insurance up to 100 EUR|24,57 EUR|27,37 EUR
    Deutsche Post - Small Package, Insurance up to 200 EUR|26,36 EUR|29,16 EUR
    Deutsche Post Weltpaket - Priority, Insurance up to 1.000 EUR|27,08 EUR|29,88 EUR
    Deutsche Post - Small Package, Insurance up to 400 EUR|29,93 EUR|32,73 EUR
    Geis Parcel (GLS) - Insurance up to 1000 EUR|32,80 EUR|35,60 EUR
    EMS - Insurance up to 150 EUR|43,71 EUR|46,51 EUR

The Total figure includes the Mailboxde.com handling charge.
    You also pay the Paypal fee on top of that - that was 80 cents for the UPS option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Just wondering what the story is with Deutsche Post Weltpaket priority tracking - I ordered from mailboxde.com. The German DHL site was the only one I could get to recognise the tracking number - currently displaying this:

ay0u4p.jpg

German version:

5wkqo6.jpg

So is it in Ireland or still on the way? Tracking number not recognized by an post site.

One invite to share, first to reply gets it.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gingerhousewife

mik_da_man wrote: »

I'd love it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

As per earlier pm. Cheers

I'd love it

Gone, sorry GH.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gingerhousewife

Gone, sorry GH.

Just used it, thanks again

Just a question on the maildox.de
    Does it stay in the ready to send status for long?
    I paid yesterday and it's still there.... am I missing something or just wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Seapoint

I'm actually looking for His'n'Hers invites please if anyone has one or two to share please. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭CD8ED

If anyone has a spare invite it'd be much appreciated?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I got an invite from the XDA invite thread. For people still looking for an invite it might be worth sitting on that thread also! On phone so harder to link.

Edit. Here's the link
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/wishing-invite-soon-t2825090

I set up an email alert and was quick with my pm!
    I'll share my invites here if and when I get them.

Cheers for the heads up pal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pires

hi guys add me in please

Just a heads up, I spent about 45 mins on twitter searching #oneplusoneinvite and got an invite. Some lad had 6 and was just giving them away.

It was legit as well, ordered a 64gb Opo a half hour ago with his code.

Happy hunting

Just a question on the maildox.de
    Does it stay in the ready to send status for long?
    I paid yesterday and it's still there.... am I missing something or just wait?

I paid Tuesday afternoon, still at "ready to send"
    I was about to mail them last night when I finally noticed the big red message to the right pointing out it was a public holiday in Germany yesterday, businesses were closed.

Presume they should go sometime today, although I guess there could be a slight backlog.

• Advertisement
Advertisement