Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 Black Screen of Death - black screen when loading windows,cursor moves

Options
  • 17-07-2014 10:29pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello everyone,
    I seemed to have misrepresented an initial problem I'm having. Basically my Viao has black screened. So far I have tried a number of fixes...

-Attempted safe mode reboot
    -tried starting in low res mode
    -tried all system recovery tools (system restore can't find a restore point)
    -can access task manager but can't think of a way to solve problem
    -I don't have a system image
    - I don't have a vin does 7 disc

Has anyone had any experience with a similar problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

If you can access task manager then look for a process that may be using a high amount of system resources, this may be the issue. Failing that, shut down all non essential processes one by one hopefully you will find the problem by elimination.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi Willy, I thought it was ill advised to stop such programs?

I've also noticed that it seems the location of alot of programs is the X: drive??!!??

Advertisement