Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SETA plug and play??

Options
  • 17-07-2014 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    My friend loaned me his portable hardrive and before he gave it to me he tried to plug the usb into it and the usb port came off the pcb inside the hard drive.
    I found a replacement on ebay but Im wondering if I got SETA dock could I just plug in the internal drive like a memory stick? This would be really handy because I have a broken PC with loads of stuff I cant get at.
    Does it work like that or is there more to it than plug and play?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Generally a 3.5" SATA hard disk from a desktop should fit into an enclosure or dock with no issues, assuming its designed for 3.5. Laptops and some external drives are 2.5". Then, some older disks are IDE, not SATA, which need a different interface. Some docks will take both.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Google: "did you mean SETI?" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

Overheal wrote: »
    Google: "did you mean SETI?" :p

Ha ha I might never find that!

Advertisement