Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conference Reports

Options
  • 17-07-2014 11:43pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Chargers 34 Texans 10

Don't let the scoreline fool you as this game was extremely tight and going into the 4th quarter there was just 7 points between the teams.

Chargers started the game with the ball after after a decent drive it ended with a 6 yard run in for HB Barner.
    Texans responded well after hitting Daniels for a big gain through the middle it was finished with a 25 yard pass to HB Smith for the TD.
    Chargers begin there drive but inside their half are on 3rd and 8 when Kenan Allen is hit on a slant through the middle,he goes to turn up field but then a Texans safety and linebacker seem to bump into each other leaving Allen free to run it all the way home for a 74 yard Td.
    Again though the Texans respond,Daniels again was key to their drive to the Chargers 25 but then the first turning point if the game.
    Shaub drops back and gets some really good protection,he goes for Marshall in the corner but somehow Kerrigan jumps the route and picks it off.(From my point of view I had dropped back with Butler but there was no-one even near me and no pressure on Shaub so I feared the worst).
    Chargers work some clock in the second quarter,another big moment came in the game when Texans forced a 3rd and 22 inside the Chargers half but QB Dudzik was able to hit Crabtree over the middle for the completion but that was as good as it got for the Chargers on the drive as the Texans D held firm and the Chargers settled for a FG with 40 seconds.(enough time to hold off the Texans they thought)
    17- 7 Chargers
    They thought wrong though as Martin gave the Texans good field position on the KR(he had looked dangerous on KR's all day) and 1 or 2 pass's later they were inside the 25 but unfortunately for them time expired and thescore remained 17-7.

Texans started the 2nd half brightly but were stopped on 3rd down inside the Chargers half and kicked over a FG from 35.
    17-10 Chargers
    Chargers drove back with Barner making decent yards(nothing spectaculer though) and TE Green and WR Allen making plays in the passing game to the Texans redzone,here Barner punched it in for a TD at the start of the 4th.
    Then probably came the decisive moment of the game midway through the 4th,Texans after being stuffed twice on the run were in third and long territory(although just before this HB Smith had gone 12 yards on the run after stomping over 3 Chargers!),Shaub goes for Daniels over the middle(he may not have been his intended target though) but Butler is waiting and picks it off.
    This somewhats kills off the Texans challenge in tightly contested affair.
    Chargers add another TD and FG after to make it 34-10.

Great game Giffney,really close all the way through,the Kerrigan pick was unlucky.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Have you used that WR at all that played against me in pre season Perrin, cant remember his name now except it was a good name.

Think he may have been a rookie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Chargers 34 Texans 10

Don't let the scoreline fool you as this game was extremely tight and going into the 4th quarter there was just 7 points between the teams.

Chargers started the game with the ball after after a decent drive it ended with a 6 yard run in for HB Barner.
    Texans responded well after hitting Daniels for a big gain through the middle it was finished with a 25 yard pass to HB Smith for the TD.
    Chargers begin there drive but inside their half are on 3rd and 8 when Kenan Allen is hit on a slant through the middle,he goes to turn up field but then a Texans safety and linebacker seem to bump into each other leaving Allen free to run it all the way home for a 74 yard Td.
    Again though the Texans respond,Daniels again was key to their drive to the Chargers 25 but then the first turning point if the game.
    Shaub drops back and gets some really good protection,he goes for Marshall in the corner but somehow Kerrigan jumps the route and picks it off.(From my point of view I had dropped back with Butler but there was no-one even near me and no pressure on Shaub so I feared the worst).
    Chargers work some clock in the second quarter,another big moment came in the game when Texans forced a 3rd and 22 inside the Chargers half but QB Dudzik was able to hit Crabtree over the middle for the completion but that was as good as it got for the Chargers on the drive as the Texans D held firm and the Chargers settled for a FG with 40 seconds.(enough time to hold off the Texans they thought)
    17- 7 Chargers
    They thought wrong though as Martin gave the Texans good field position on the KR(he had looked dangerous on KR's all day) and 1 or 2 pass's later they were inside the 25 but unfortunately for them time expired and thescore remained 17-7.

Texans started the 2nd half brightly but were stopped on 3rd down inside the Chargers half and kicked over a FG from 35.
    17-10 Chargers
    Chargers drove back with Barner making decent yards(nothing spectaculer though) and TE Green and WR Allen making plays in the passing game to the Texans redzone,here Barner punched it in for a TD at the start of the 4th.
    Then probably came the decisive moment of the game midway through the 4th,Texans after being stuffed twice on the run were in third and long territory(although just before this HB Smith had gone 12 yards on the run after stomping over 3 Chargers!),Shaub goes for Daniels over the middle(he may not have been his intended target though) but Butler is waiting and picks it off.
    This somewhats kills off the Texans challenge in tightly contested affair.
    Chargers add another TD and FG after to make it 34-10.

Great game Giffney,really close all the way through,the Kerrigan pick was unlucky.

Ah you deserved it Perrin, was competitive till nearly the end but you deserved to win! That 3rd and 22 completion hurt me in my sad place tho...top player and top bloke

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Have you used that WR at all that played against me in pre season Perrin, cant remember his name now except it was a good name.

Think he may have been a rookie
    Fontenot I think it was,if I picked plays by formation then I would have probably subbed him in a bit during the season but since I don't he's 4th in the depth behind Crabtree,Parr(R) and Allen and doesn't see much of it.
    He did have 1 catch in the conference game though.

Fontenot I think it was,if I picked plays by formation then I would have probably subbed him in a bit during the season but since I don't he's 4th in the depth behind Crabtree,Parr(R) and Allen and doesn't see much of it.

Yeah thats him, speed to burn, skinned davis a few times i seem to remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

How do you pick plays, out of interest?

Majority of the times that's how I do it, anyway.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    How do you pick plays, out of interest?

Majority of the times that's how I do it, anyway.
    Formation I would say is the right way to do it as you can see how tired your players are and sub in for those who are tired or maybe when you're running the ball you wanna sub in a run blocking TE for a catcher TE,going deep on a streak,sub in a speedster etc etc.

I use Ask Madden,
    1 Too much effort for me to go through all the formations and then within each of them to pick a play and after all that I might audible out of that depending on the defense I see :pac:
    2.I feel if I did pick by formation I would end up going back to plays I like too much
    3.Prefer the randomness of Ask Madden,good suggestions most of the time though,like to think it makes me less predictable too but I dunno on that point.

Obviously if the ask madden plays aren't suitable I'll go pick a play by type

I don't bother subbing players at all, at all. That definitely is too much effort!

Eagles beat out Seahawks, 28-18, in a game of two defences to progress to the Super Bowl.

I think Padraic can count himself a little unlucky here with things going my way at some key moments. I've had a few really close games against the Hawks before, and I know Padraic beat me in the last game, closing it out with a last minute interception when leading by a few.

To put some perspective on the game, I went in at half time leading 6-0, after two field goals. The game opened with me forcing 'Hawks to punt, followed by a field goal. Another punt for Padraic, and then I got a bit of a drive going only to throw an INT. The run game was shut down all day, and things only picked up on offense in the 2nd half, but not by much.

Have to say, I really enjoyed the good defensive play, and it certainly beats the 56-54 type games that we saw a lot last season, in my opinion. Shame it took me so bloody long to learn how to defend too :pac:

Anyway, while leading by 3, with just over a minute left on the clock. Eagles get the ball after a good run back from Goodwin again, and manage to break the 10 yards with McCoy. Next thing, he gets hit and the ball is out, into a massive pile, and Seahawks somehow come away with it. I was gutted, as I had thought Padraic would march back up and get at last a FG, as he had started to get into the swing of things offensively in the 2nd half.

Thankfully, Conor Barwin, who has been possibly my best player over the last few weeks, managed to get an INT, and return it for a pick 6.

Great game, Padraic, and hard luck with the way some incidents panned out.

Quick breakdown on some stats:

Eagles
    Total Offense: 236
    Rushing: 80
    Passing: 156
    Total Yards: 440

Seahawks
    Total Offense: 252
    Rushing: 48
    Passing: 204
    Total Yards: 337

Barkley: 11-13, 162 yards, 0TD, 2INT
    Wilson: 23-34, 232 yards, 1TD, 1INT

McCoy: 17 carries, 67 yards, 0TD
    Lynch: 8 carries, 50 yards, 1TD

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Nice win knex

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Well played dude your defense completely shut me down in first half, had to go deep into the hawks play book to move the ball, deserved Super Bowl spot.

• Advertisement

When will the advance/Super Bowl be?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Junior Heli arrived earlier today so will advance when I get home about 10/10:30

Junior Heli arrived earlier today so will advance when I get home about 10/10:30

Congrats man. :D

Don't worry about it, there's no panic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Congrats man

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Congrats Heli, the very best wishes to you all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I seriously hope you have a better name in mind than Heli Jr.

Congratulations anyway though!!

Congrats Heli

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Congrats

Congrats Heli.

Maybe run a poll for the juniors name,

Chris Johnson Helimachoptor sounds good.......if its a boy that is.

Advanced

• Advertisement
Advertisement