Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not in IPS - can I still enter classes?

• 17-07-2014 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Just having a look at local agri shows & some of the classes state IPS affiliated. We haven't joined the IPS yet - can we still enter the class? Will day membership apply or be available (looking at carnew, tinahely etc) at the shows? Any advice greatly appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭bob1984

I think you can usually pay etc for day membership and insurance etc. Probably best to check the schedule and then contact the IPS rep listed directly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

If you're going to an agricultural show, you can enter any of the classes, and you just pay the entry fee that's stated in the catalogue, regardless of whether the classes are IPS affiliated. Just send the entry form and cheque (or other method of payment) to the show secretary.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭TinaOT

Thanks guys my daughter attended the Carnew show yesterday - the kids classes were to a very high standard! Will have to work on our grooming skills

I hope she had fun yesterday, regardless of how she did in the class.

Just as an aside: did you have to pay to go into the show yesterday, Tina?

convert wrote: »
    I hope she had fun yesterday, regardless of how she did in the class.

Just as an aside: did you have to pay to go into the show yesterday, Tina?

Yes we did - €5 - but I had someone with me as I had my 4 kids with me & needed extra hands! Not sure if it was the norm

• Advertisement

TinaOT wrote: »
    Yes we did - €5 - but I had someone with me as I had my 4 kids with me & needed extra hands! Not sure if it was the norm

I think every exhibitor, regardless of how many people were in the vehicle, had to pay 5 euro. I know it was mentioned in another thread, but it's a bit much to be asking exhibitors to pay an admittance fee, as well as their entry fees to the classes.

convert wrote: »
    I think every exhibitor, regardless of how many people were in the vehicle, had to pay 5 euro. I know it was mentioned in another thread, but it's a bit much to be asking exhibitors to pay an admittance fee, as well as their entry fees to the classes.

Yes all adds to the expense alright - I did have a giggle at my 10 year old she was over the moon with her prize money or "profits" as she called it!

TinaOT wrote: »
    I did have a giggle at my 10 year old she was over the moon with her prize money or "profits" as she called it!

That's brilliant that she did so well and had a lovely day!

Advertisement