Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An post lost a parcel I sent

Options
  • 18-07-2014 1:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭

Sent a parcel through their collect and post service (track and trace etc) the service is 11 euro for next day delivery with insurance. The person who was to receive the package hasn't received it (sent it about a month ago) so obviously it's lost. There's no misspelling of address because I called it out exactly as was given, so who do I contact about it? They're website only tells me how to deal with a lost package I was due to receive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I'm not sure where are you getting the idea tracking is only for incoming mail, did you actually try using the online Tracking tool?
    According to An Post's FAQ (below) it's clear that the sender can track progress since the sender would have the postage label/barcode.

If you still have a problem contact An Post.
    Track your mail FAQs

How can I track an item?

Refer to our online Track Your Item service. Enter the ID number from your receipt or your customer reference number from the postage label and the status of your item will then be shown.
    :
    :
    If I need to check on an item what information do I need?

You need the tracking number (barcode) of the item. An Post is unable to track items using names or addresses. If the item is addressed to you, you should contact the sender to obtain the tracking number.

Advertisement