Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everyone ok?

Options
  • 18-07-2014 2:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭

Due to the sad loss of Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 shot down over Ukraine.

At the time of this thread 11.52am 18/7/14 No Irish nationals have been reported lost.

However 27 Australians as part of 295 passengers have tragically lost their lives on the same route many of us took to get here and travel back.

If anyone does here has any updates please post them here especially if any Irish nationals are reported. Please do not use names unless they are already on a news site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Zambia wrote: »
    Due to the sad loss of Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 shot down over Ukraine.

At the time of this thread 11.52am 18/7/14 No Irish nationals have been reported lost.

However 27 Australians as part of 295 passengers have tragically lost their lives on the same route many of us took to get here and travel back.

If anyone does here has any updates please post them here especially if any Irish nationals are reported. Please do not use names unless they are already on a news site.

Increased to 28 Australians with 41 passenger citizenship still unknown. Its such a popular route for Irish heading to Perth and Melbourne, I really fear the worst.

Scary tragedy, my thoughts are with the families of the deceased.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Sadly, it has been reported that one of the deceased was an Irish national, believed to be travelling on her Australian passport, who had been living in Perth for a number of years with her husband and two children, both in their 20s.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/mh17-devastated-family-of-irish-victim-edel-mahady-being-consoled-by-friends-30441184.html

Thoughts & prayers for Edel Mahady RIP, her family & friends & all who lost their lives in this tragedy.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a n-anam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Not MH17 related but seen reports of an Irish national drowned surfing at Byron Bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Not MH17 related but seen reports of an Irish national drowned surfing at Byron Bay.

Not looking good at all here, condolences to his family and friends
    The search for an Irish tourist swept away in rough conditions off Byron Bay has been called off tonight.

Powerful winds and a strong swell made the conditions “dangerous” along the coast, according to Weatherzone.

The Irish tourist is believed to have braved the surf with friends today despite warnings.

His friend, American man Levi Fahrenholtz, managed to climb onto rocks to get out of the water.

He told 9NEWS about the moment he lost his mate in the surf.

“Before we knew it we were wrapped around the corner,” Mr Fahrenholtz said.

“I paddled out and got stuck in the impact zone area and then I just lost track of him I couldn’t see him anymore.”

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/07/19/22/37/irish-backpacker-missing-off-byron-bay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Wow I read this surfer story here and just found out I know the family :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement