Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outgoing mail settings change

Options
  • 18-07-2014 8:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

I am just wondering if anyone knows whether the settings for sending email from an eircom account has changed recently.
    I am still able to receive my emails but I cannot send any through any of my devices set up to my eircom email account.

This happened from almost three weeks ago.
    I am overseas at the moment but I was sending and receiving normally for the first few days of being away

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

pcasso wrote: »
    I am just wondering if anyone knows whether the settings for sending email from an eircom account has changed recently.
    I am still able to receive my emails but I cannot send any through any of my devices set up to my eircom email account.

I am overseas at the moment but I was sending and receiving normally for the first few days of being away

Hi pcasso

The outgoing mail settings have not changed and remains 'mail1.eircom.net'

Being overseas can sometimes require a change of settings depending on which network you are connected to and unfortunately we do not have the server settings required by overseas providers. One solution is logging on to the webmail version here: https://secure.eircom.net/email/ - that should work fine for you until you discover your internet provider's own SMTP.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭pcasso

Hi pcasso

Being overseas can sometimes require a change of settings depending on which network you are connected to and unfortunately we do not have the server settings required by overseas providers. One solution is logging on to the webmail version here: https://secure.eircom.net/email/ - that should work fine for you until you discover your internet provider's own SMTP.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for your reply Al.
    I will see what happens when I return home.
    Hopefully the problem will resolve itself then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi pcasso

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for your reply Al.
    I will see what happens when I return home.
    Hopefully the problem will resolve itself then.
    No worries pcasso

Perhaps use webmail until you return home?

Webmail : https://secure.eircom.net/email/

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement