Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2010 BMW 520d advice

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 TestersWanted

bbari wrote: »
    Congrats!

Same to you :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

I have recently gone thru the VRT process so let me know if there's anything I can assist you with. Its quite straightforward anyway.

bbari wrote: »
    I have recently gone thru the VRT process so let me know if there's anything I can assist you with. Its quite straightforward anyway.

Thanks. As I understand it, all I have to do is make an appointment at an NCT centre within a week and then I have a month to get it assessed and settle up.

But now that you mention it two things have puzzled me about VRT...

First, when I checked the VRT calculator it gives about 7 identical menu options for "520D SE" but there is the guts of €1000 difference in VRT depending on which one you pick. I know it's only for estimation purposes but how do you know which one to pick?

Second, the VRT calculator is telling me the OMSP is around €29k but in reality it's a lot less than that. I just did a quick check on Carzone and every one I saw around the same year and mileage is advertised for less, a lot less in some cases. When you get it assessed and they give you a figure, is there any mechanism to question it if you think they have got it wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is yours an E60 or F10? E60 is the 2003 to 2010 5 Series whereas the 2010 onwards 5 Series is the F10. This would explain the different drop down options for 520d, double check the Co2 rating on your car against that on the calculator as they will go by the Co2 rating on the car's V5 document.

Unfortunately Revenue source the OMSP valuation from the motor trade (S.I.M.I.) here and the only way to challenge it is by paying it first and then appealing it. The good news is that alot of the appeals are successful.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Is yours an E60 or F10? E60 is the 2003 to 2010 5 Series whereas the 2010 onwards 5 Series is the F10.

It's an F10. There are seven options for "D F10 SE 4DR AUTO" on the website.
    bazz26 wrote: »
    double check the Co2 rating on your car against that on the calculator as they will go by the Co2 rating on the car's V5 document.

Thanks. I'll do that.

+1 Bazz26.

I thought to give you the Statistical Code from my VRT assessment but that isn't going to work for you as its for M Sport. You are right, there are 7 options for your car.

Why not take a print out of the cheapest option you see and present to them along with your documents. Print it on the day though as the valuation keep changing.

Appointment can be made online ( www.ncts.ie/vrt.html ) and you can keep calling them if you would like to avail a cancellation.

Wow, 102 posts, now I can post links :)

Advertisement