Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help: Cromecast without internet conection

• 18-07-2014 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Anyone know if there is a work around to use Chromecast without the internet,

I basically want to be able to use Plex to stream from my mac and local-cast to stream from my phone without any internet connection.

I have a Wireless network without home internet and it connects to chromecast no problem but chromecast says "reconnect me" when i try send anything to it. Anyone know a workaround for this?

Currently I use my phone as Hotspot and tablet to stream internet stuff, but while I have the Hotspot on my phone I cant stream local content on the phone at the same time,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jonny p

I got this from a search of the net:

When a Chromecast compatible app connects to the Chromecast, it sends an ApplicationID to the Chromecast. Chromecast then goes off to Google with the ApplicationID and in return is pointed to the HTTPS URL where the receiver html is hosted (the entire application). There is no way at all the Chromecast can work offline

Advertisement