Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've just been told i'm not getting a Chargeback, what do i do now!

Options
  • 18-07-2014 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

I have just received a letter from the Chargeback department to say that they are not providing me with a chargeback.
    I cannot understand this.
    I payed a college for several courses using my visa debit card.
    I only received a couple of these courses.
    The company has gone into liquidation yet the chargeback unit deem that the "merchant is still willing to provide a service"
    What i want to know is how can the merchant still be willing to provide a service if the company has gone into liquidation?
    To add to the point, as this college was also a day spa i bought vouchers for people for Christmas last year which we did not get to use.
    It seems like i'm not even being refunded this either.
    Can anyone help....i've been dealing with this nonsense for ages now and it's extremely stressful.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi fizzlepurplefuz.

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

We're sorry to hear of the recent encounters you experienced with the college you purchased your courses and vouchers from.

Each transaction dispute is assessed on a case by case basis and our Chargeback Unit process these in line with the Mastercard and Visa International terms and conditions. As we do not have account access here, we are unable to view the specifics of your claim. 
    For clarification on the result of your case, please contact our Chargeback Unit directly. If you are unable to locate the number on the correspondence you've received form them, please call 0818 365 365 / 003531 4044000 for Visa Debit card or 0818 251 251 / 0035356 7757747 for your credit card.

Hope this helps. If we can help you with anything else in the future, please let us know.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭fizzlepurplefuz

I've spoken to three different today regarding this matter, (chargeback unit/customer care) on hold on one call for 8 minutes, eventually got through then got cut off, then spoke to another girl who transferred me to another person.....He listened to me and after going through everything he then told me "oh there's nothing i can do about it, would you not speak with the merchant (college)?" After explaining the whole situation to him beforehand, i tried to remain calm and told him that "i can't, the college does not exist anymore."
    He proceeded to tell me that i was talking to Kilkenny (why i do not know) and he didn't know how they did operations in Dublin "maybe they're different up there" he said to me" wth? 
    After this he told me he was gonna put me through to the person i was dealing with in my branch which of course they didn't answer and it went to voicemail.

I went straight to the bank with the letter i received. 
    Apparently i need more proof that the college is actually closed.
    When the charge back unit looked into this apparently the college was still listed as being open, yet a liquidator has been appointed to the company.
    How can a college be deemed opened and closed at the same time?
    I am currently waiting on an email from the liquidator with proof that the college has in fact closed.
    I understand that its on a case by case basis but can you at least tell me if this proof from the liquidator would be proof enough for my chargeback to proceed again.
    The guy in the bank, well, he doesn't seem to be overly interested or care, he didn't have an answer, it was all persuming and maybe's.

Thanks,
    fizzlepurplefuz.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭Tow

You need to send in the proof and look for a 'Final Response letter' from them. If not happy with the contents of the letter then complain to the regulator.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi fizzlepurplefuz.

In order for our Transaction Dispute Team to proceed with a claim, a letter from the appointed liquidator is required. Once there is evidence of this, your claim can then proceed further.

As mentioned above, we do not have account access here therefore it is not possible for us to investigate this further for you. 
    We are sorry we can not be more help to you in this instance.

We hope this is resolved for you promptly.
    Laura

Advertisement