Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Fiesta mk3 boot lock question.

Options
  • 18-07-2014 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi,

I am doing up a MK3 fiesta and am wondering something about the boot lock.

I cannot open the boot if the car is started. As soon as I turn off the engine and press the electric boot release, the boot opens.
    The key wont open the boot at all started or turned off.

Anyone know if this is normal or if this is a common problem?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭cletus

Is it an aftermarket boot release

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭crossy

cletus wrote: »
    Is it an aftermarket boot release

Nope it is factory original.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Is it a problem? Maybe they're trying to prevent you accidentally opening your boot when you're doing 120 down the M1...

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭crossy

Is it a problem? Maybe they're trying to prevent you accidentally opening your boot when you're doing 120 down the M1...

The Nct centre told me last night it was a problem and put it down on the fail chart .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=15155

Well you're not the 1st to have this problem....
    google 'fiesta mk3 boot lock release' and there seems to be a few more with similar issues.

• Advertisement

Can't be of help but I'm genuinely surprised the mk3 feshty has an electronic boot release

Advertisement