Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need help targeting big brown trout

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭guest2014

Its not abd method, but I remember going to lake that didn't have much big fish 1lbers were very rare, The 1st cast i felt some but i didn't strike then a second cast i was in i was a lovely brownie about 1 3/4 or 2lbs! Its very good the devil

tight lines

interesting, I will pick one up and give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

guest2014 wrote: »
    no, im not a big fan of spinning to be honest.

Well if your after trout you'd best get spinners. Always handy when they're not takin the fly or worm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Have you got any Tasmanian devils?
    On lakes I find them the best.

They have an amazing action in the water.

After fishing the lake intensively the last 2 weeks, using maggots and waggler, worm and waggler and spinning. I caught about 200 perch and only 2 small trout(maggots). going to try dry and wet flys for the next while. the perch are a big problem though.

was back at the lake last night, it has risen 2 or 3 foot in the last week after all the rain, didn't catch a thing(not even a perch), the last day i was there i caught about 20 perch, was using worms and feeding with maggots yesterday. there was fish rising quite a bit, wondering should i go back up this evening and fish with wet and dry fly or leave it a few days for the water to drop a bit?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'd try fly over worm at this time of year.

I'd try fly over worm at this time of year.

dry fly? might try the daddy long leg fly.

Advertisement