Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keychain Auto-fill use in Apps

• 18-07-2014 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

does anyone know if apple are going to open up keychain to 3rd party apps in iOS 8 (or even native apple ones!)

It would be extremely handy to be able to use my credit card details from keychain to pop into an app - i.e. amazon or any app for purchases

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭ukoda

Zcott wrote: »

thanks for that, doesn't mention credit cards tho, i hope they allow full auto-fill and not just usernames and passwords

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

For security reasons its usefulness will be limited. It will probably only work for official apps and only for passwords. No way auto-filling of credit card details will be supported. Apps would have no use for it anyway since Apple don’t allow apps to link to external payment servers. There’s no need anyway since payment details are usually saved in your Amazon, Ebay, etc account, so all you need is the password.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭ukoda

For security reasons its usefulness will be limited. It will probably only work for official apps and only for passwords. No way auto-filling of credit card details will be supported. Apps would have no use for it anyway since Apple don’t allow apps to link to external payment servers. There’s no need anyway since payment details are usually saved in your Amazon, Ebay, etc account, so all you need is the password.

hmm i would say allowing it on any website is a lot less secure than allowing it on an app that apple have pre vetted and approved for their app store.

I was thinking its useful when setting up a new app and it asks for your payment details.

Apple do allow apps to process their own payments? for example i used groupon app today for the first and and it asked for my card details, which i had to manually enter.

Fair point that the app then stores the details in my account, but would still be useful for those one off and new app set ups

Advertisement