Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking near Marlay

Options
  • 18-07-2014 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the roads around the Yellow House in Rathfarnham are likely to be impacted by concert traffic tomorrow? Or does the parking not stretch that far from Marlay?

z

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Thats a pretty decent walk to the venue from there. I'd say there will be plenty of traffic going through there though on the way to marlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

No, the Marley end of Grange Road is the limit of the road restrictions, down around the Yellow House is not restricted but will be busy if the day of Arcade Fire was anything to go by.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

I highly doubt it. I live between there and Marlay and have not been impacted by the concerts, including today. As said, the restrictions end at Marlay estate/the Hermitage on Grange Road. Traffic wise it might be busy, but parking around the village should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

WildRosie wrote: »
    I highly doubt it. I live between there and Marlay and have not been impacted by the concerts, including today. As said, the restrictions end at Marlay estate/the Hermitage on Grange Road. Traffic wise it might be busy, but parking around the village should be fine.

Park in nutgrove shopping centre and walk up through market grange or stone masons way.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

ted1 wrote: »
    Park in nutgrove shopping centre and walk up through market grange or stone masons way.
    Good idea. 20-25 minutes walk and your car would be safe! There's also a layby/recycling centre type of place between nutgrove and marlay just before Scoil Naithi and I haven't seen the guards blocking it off on concert days. That'd be about a 10-15 minute walk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement