Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stafford Wholesale Wexford Two Day 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Am I right in saying that this clashes with the Sean Kelly Tour of Waterford ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

Am I right in saying that this clashes with the Sean Kelly Tour of Waterford ?

Correct

Looks great. Not sure that TT equipment will make a big difference on such a short and technical course.
    Are there maps for stage 1 and 3? Can't find any.
    Also will you provide updates regarding the numbers of participants for the A1? Last year there were not enough riders entering apparently and many riders packed in before the end.

Maps are coming. ready Wednesday evening .

Stage 1 is stage 3 from last year, the figure of 8

Stage 3 literally maps Wexford to enniscrothy to New ross and back to wexford on the National routes.

we had 18 x A1 last year as a result of a late decision to bring in A1. All 18 did finish. They had a tough race and were instructed by the commissaire not to be caught by the A2/A3 otherwise, their two day race was over.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭smurphy29

How does the A2/3 stage 3 manage to get to 120k? That loop on the main routes is 80k so unless it finishes back in New Ross or something...

smurphy29 wrote: »
    How does the A2/3 stage 3 manage to get to 120k? That loop on the main routes is 80k so unless it finishes back in New Ross or something...

that is why stage 3 is not fully tied down but will exceed 100 k in order to provide maximum points and placings possibilities for A2 and A3

But the bones of stage 3 is camross-wexford-enniscorthy-New ross-Camross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Boubabarcelona

18 A1!!!! I understand why it was so tough. I did the Frank O Rourke A1 (same area) this year with maybe 30 riders at the start and less than 20 at the end...very hard...no place to hide

18 A1!!!! I understand why it was so tough. I did the Frank O Rourke A1 (same area) this year with maybe 30 riders at the start and less than 20 at the end...very hard...no place to hide

we have only just opened The Frank O rourke to A1's in the past two years. I would think that we will get back the 28 x A1 for the two day, at a minimum. The courses are tougher than thye look .

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Zipp101

michael196 wrote: »
    we have only just opened The Frank O rourke to A1's in the past two years. I would think that we will get back the 28 x A1 for the two day, at a minimum. The courses are tougher than thye look .

With all respect twenty-eight or so riders is still far less than even a league race though. I know the foreign riders travelling over would be pretty dissappointed if they found out there would be a bunch of 30 odd. Would an A1-A2 combined event not make it a more exciting race ?

If not, I'd be advising them to ride the A2-A3 really.

The A2/A3 format has proven very popular and is being again repeated this year, as the percieved configuration for this race. The A2 riders become the higher category of the group and the A3 have a higher category to race against.

The only people working significantly harder are the A1 ( on their own).

It is up to the A1 riders to take the opportunity of an A1 Race as presented . We have doubled the A1 participation in each running of the one day FOR race, where A1 was included.

It would be good to see how the A1's fare without the protection of the larger A2 group of riders.

This race puts the challange to the A1's to ride on their own.

The Sean kelly Tour of Waterford sportiff is on the same day.....big groups there.......

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭upthe19th

Thanks michael and wexford wheelers. A big undertaking and a great event for wexford and the cycling calendar.

Im in. Looking forward to it. TT should be a good buzz. Although im already starting to visualise some of those new ross to wexford drags at race pace....I predict pain.

• Advertisement

upthe19th wrote: »
    Thanks michael and wexford wheelers. A big undertaking and a great event for wexford and the cycling calendar.

Im in. Looking forward to it. TT should be a good buzz. Although im already starting to visualise some of those new ross to wexford drags at race pace....I predict pain.

look again, Enniscorthy to New Ross is not easy and pray for a tail wind back towards wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭upthe19th

look again, Enniscorthy to New Ross is not easy and pray for a tail wind back towards wexford.

Oh I know.....I live minutes from both, was just factoring in that it was later on....I'll organise some prayer services ;-).

You looked plenty strong last sunday in ferns. Hope westport was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭seany15

The Sean kelly Tour of Waterford sportiff is on the same day.....big groups there.......

🚲🚲🚲🚲🚲🚲🚲🚲🚲

upthe19th wrote: »
    Oh I know.....I live minutes from both, was just factoring in that it was later on....I'll organise some prayer services ;-).

You looked plenty strong last sunday in ferns. Hope westport was good.

no idea who u are ...............!!

Westport was spectacular and my last decent spin for the moment. Will be back there next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭pprendeville

I'm going to bring along the tent for this event. Reserved a place here. €11 per night, 2 quid for a shower and a fiver for the use of the pool, sauna and steam room which is pretty good IMO.

The A2/A3 race is approaching 50% sold and the A4 race is approaching 40 % sold. The race has been available to enter, for just under two weeks.

We are 24 days to the start of stage 1.

PLease do not delay as the automated race entry will close once the quota is reached. I do not fore see the operation of a waiting list, like last year, as the manual processnig time, became excessive in 2013.

We have confirmed our international Spannish team into the A1 race with 7 Spannish riders. Coupled withe some local A1 riders, the A1 profile is begining to build significantly now.

welcome on board Zipp.

You are missing the time trials ? every tuesday night ?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭joe14

where is the best place to stay,is there any hostels in the area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

joe14 wrote: »
    where is the best place to stay,is there any hostels in the area?

Can't really think of any hostels in Wexford Town to be honest. Loads of bed and breakfasts though if you don't want to stay in a hotel. Whitford is a good value hotel and very convenient, close to the N11.

Stage 1 Stafford Wholesale Wexford 2 day 2014

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/5493526

Stage 3 Stafford Wholesale Wexford 2 Day 2014.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/5493514

for accommodation, try surrounding villages : Curracloe, Rosslare, Killinick, New Ross, Enniscorthy, etc.

for accommodation, try surrounding villages : Curracloe, Rosslare, Killinick, New Ross, Enniscorthy, etc.

You twisted my arm, entry goes in today :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭slfcarro5

Stage 1 Stafford Wholesale Wexford 2 day 2014

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/5493526

Stage 3 Stafford Wholesale Wexford 2 Day 2014.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/5493514

Whats the route for stage 3 three in the A4 race. The same without the frank o rourke loop?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

In the A4 race, are upgrade points awarded for placings in Stage 1 & 3, or just the overall finishing placings? Reason I ask is I'd like to take part as this is an excellent setup, but I have to fly to the US for work on the Sunday so could only do Stage 1 & 2.

In the A4 race, are upgrade points awarded for placings in Stage 1 & 3, or just the overall finishing placings? Reason I ask is I'd like to take part as this is an excellent setup, but I have to fly to the US for work on the Sunday so could only do Stage 1 & 2.

Tour of Omagh was 8 to 1 for each road stage, 10 to 1 for the overall and 3 to 1 for the TT. Presume same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jimzy

Inquitus wrote: »
    Tour of Omagh was 8 to 1 for each road stage, 10 to 1 for the overall and 3 to 1 for the TT. Presume same here.

Yeah that's roughly how points were awarded last year.

Just signed up for the A2/3 - looking forward to it now, really great race last year, the route changes are looking great too!

slfcarro5 wrote: »
    Whats the route for stage 3 three in the A4 race. The same without the frank o rourke loop?

Pretty much. Taking out the loop will drop you close to the 80 K maximum mark.
    Same applies to the ladies race, on stage 3.

• Advertisement

Let me check Frank, but my understanding is points per race and overall.

Advertisement