Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stafford Wholesale Wexford Two Day 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Zipp101 wrote: »
    I do agree though that there is a bigger issue that needs to be addressed regarding lumping A2's in with A1's constantly.I think there should be a separate points classification for A2 riders in these combined events at least to keep riders moving along the categories.

If A2's are always lumped in with A1's are they not effectively A1's (they can do any race an A1 can do) but with the added privilege of being able to race the odd 2/3 stage race. So why worry about the moving along, in real terms we are in a country with 3 categories: A1/2, A3/Junior and A4 (with A2 having that small privilege mentioned above). 3 races on a day is plenty is most situations, getting numbers from A3/Junior up is the real issue

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭ragazzo

Zipp101 wrote: »
    And is lumping the A2's in with the A3 riders not just depriving the latter category of the points ?

A2 only races ? If you were to try this I'm sure there would be plenty of points and prizes for everybody in the audience as the bunch would be so small! As an A2 myself I'd be just fine with that however, in reality the relatively small numbers of active A1 and A2 riders racing means that combining them is the only way of getting numbers for a "proper race" ie. 50 riders minimum.
    I say this because nobody likes riding in a a bunch with only a few dozen riders. Take for example last weekend in the main event in Fermoy where barely 20 riders took to the line.

I do agree though that there is a bigger issue that needs to be addressed regarding lumping A2's in with A1's constantly.I think there should be a separate points classification for A2 riders in these combined events at least to keep riders moving along the categories.

I don't think I mentioned lumping A2's in with A3's.

A2 standalone races would attract more A2's to participate on a regular basis. More upgrades to A1 leading to sustainable numbers in both.
    No problems with small field sizes in A3 and A4.

Your Fermoy example is probably not a great one. There was plenty of racing across the provinces last weekend. Add holiday time to this and you have a recipe for a small field somewhere. Some provinces attract smaller fields than others, that's down to centres of population and active racing cyclists as a proportion of same.

Plenty of work to be done regarding a solution to the A1 numbers problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭ragazzo

If A2's are always lumped in with A1's are they not effectively A1's (they can do any race an A1 can do) but with the added privilege of being able to race the odd 2/3 stage race. So why worry about the moving along, in real terms we are in a country with 3 categories: A1/2, A3/Junior and A4 (with A2 having that small privilege mentioned above). 3 races on a day is plenty is most situations, getting numbers from A3/Junior up is the real issue

The reason that a reliable grading/upgrading system is necessary is to move riders to the next level when they are ready for it. Not everyone is capable of earning an upgrade and will remain in the lower categories indefinitely. Many find themselves out of their depth when they are upgraded and drift away from the sport. This has always happened over the years but is exacerbated when the rider upgraded from A3 suddenly finds himself trying to compete against the A1 riders. A2 racing should act as a stepping stone from A3 to A1 if we really want to bring on our riders. There are some notable exceptions but many riders are just having their holes opened at every race and paying for the privilege. If there were separate A2 races I believe that many more riders would have a chance to realise their potential and set realistic goals. This could only be positive for the sport.
    Racing at A1 level is great fun and very enjoyable but struggling until you are inevitably spat out is not great for the morale as is evident from A1 racing numbers at present. Lots of licences but very few racing men and most of the weekly winners of veteran age or close to it.
    CI need to work with race promotors and attempt to overcome this continuing problem in our sport. Race organisers are doing an excellent job but can only bring the horse to the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭columbus_66

What's the latest on this race, there have been no updates for a while, start list etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭columbus_66

The website doesn't say what catagories are in with who, start list, do we use our own numbers, prizes KOM, primes etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭rab!dmonkey

Are the A4 results from the last year's TT up anywhere? I had a good look through last year's thread and WW's site and couldn't find anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jimzy

Here is the link to last years thread - results posted at the bottom of this page:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056945766&page=27

The website doesn't say what catagories are in with who, start list, do we use our own numbers, prizes KOM, primes etc?

race entries remain open so a start list will not appear untill friday.

the poster outlines A1/a2

A3 /juniors

A4 separate

Ladies on sunday

You will be issued Numbers on sign on.you do not need your CI numbers

Prizes/ KOM and Primes being finalised

All these details will be issued via email in a race brochure to all registered entrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

michael196 wrote: »
    Everyone sign on in Camaross and we roll the Ladies race and the Stage 3, A4's direct to the Maldron roundabout. A very handy warm up, before a downhill start , after the Maldron Roundabout.

Ladies Race and the Stage 3 A4 race, then completes in Camaross.

Camaross to the Maldron Direct is 12km.

What time does the ladies race roll out from Camaross to the Maldron Roundabout?

Have the option to spin down, follow the race in the club car and get a lift back!!

• Advertisement

Approx 11:20 am. the A1/A2 and A3 race has to pass the N25 Junction to Camross before the ladies Race and the A4 Race can enter the N25, onto the same circuit.

the A1/A2 and A3 race has an 18 km loop to finish before passing the N25 junction to camross.

OMG the entry list is displaying on the log in page ........

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

....think that was there all the time!

no it was not, 'accidently' turned on this morning....

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Zipp101

Sounds exciting...Which log in page ?

accidently turning on again just for u zipp101, just a few hours:

the online registration page .....

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

Personally I think online entry start lists should always be available to view. Seeing your team mates, local club mates, familiar names and even rivals ( who will probably whip your ass) have entered only gives you motivation to enter and take part.

(I do realise it could also have to opposite effect on some people......!)

Just trying to motivate the last few off the fences. !!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MarkG1975

I'm signed up and looking forward to it, is there an A2 jersey ? Like in Ballinrobe 2day, made it more interesting :p

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭macbane66

Hi Michael : what's format of tt are a4 last up the hill? I know last year it was well after 8 when some people started ? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 rick37

Hi Michael

Can you advise how many A2's are registered so far? Are we going to see a decent field? Also is there neutral service available? Thanks

macbane66 wrote: »
    Hi Michael : what's format of tt are a4 last up the hill? I know last year it was well after 8 when some people started ? Thanks

A4 will actually be first up, as they are the first to finish the road stage. details to follow

rick37 wrote: »
    Hi Michael

Can you advise how many A2's are registered so far? Are we going to see a decent field? Also is there neutral service available? Thanks

A1 and A2 combined will exceed 50. neutral service on stage 1 and club servoice available on stage 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rick37

Entries have been closed since yesterday evening and are still closed this morning? Not sure if that is your intention?

rick37 wrote: »
    Entries have been closed since yesterday evening and are still closed this morning? Not sure if that is your intention?

that is our intention. Race is full. Thank you to all 230 riders for entering.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭browsing

edit:typo

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭browsing

Hi Michael,

Do you know what the field size for a3 is?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

browsing wrote: »
    Hi Michael,

100 I would guess from the entry lists

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jimzy

MarkG1975 wrote: »
    I'm signed up and looking forward to it, is there an A2 jersey ? Like in Ballinrobe 2day, made it more interesting :p

Im not an A2 but i think this is a really good idea - would give the A2 guys something to race for over the weekend too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

browsing wrote: »
    Hi Michael,

Looking at the list there is 112 listed in the A2+A3. 12 Juniors registered too.

Advertisement