Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stafford Wholesale Wexford Two Day 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sheepfield

greenmat wrote: »
    Looking at the list there is 112 listed in the A2+A3. 12 Juniors registered too.

A3 have a separate race, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭browsing

greenmat wrote: »
    Looking at the list there is 112 listed in the A2+A3. 12 Juniors registered too.

Inquitus suggests it might be around 100 leaving 80ish in the a4 race.
    sheepfield wrote: »
    A3 have a separate race, yeah?

Yes, a3 is a separate race from a2. a3 are together with the juniors only. A WW facebook alert is quoted earlier in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

Hey I got my name in Stickybottle as an A3. :) I can retire now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭pprendeville

When will info packs be sent out Michael? Haven't got anything by email yet. Last years one was very comprehensive.

• Advertisement

1919667_711986888856001_9089121681368361570_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭macbane66

Anyone see any results for the tt today.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭531

The TT only finished half an hour ago, give them a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Good stage for me, 08:01 on the tt, 07:58 on my garmin :P

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭barryf42

was at the finish line at the end and there is a sub 7 minutes in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

Everything up on www.wexfordwheelers.com Now.

Pay Per view !!!!

this thread is so quiet !!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭531

michael196 wrote: »
    this thread is so quiet !!

We're all a bit tired!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I saw on twitter that Martin o loughlin won today and the GC. A first year junior! Impressive to say the least
    Edit: anyone care to confirm that ?

Diarmuid wrote: »
    I saw on twitter that Martin o loughlin won today and the GC. A first year junior! Impressive to say the least

Aye Sticky Bottle shows he broke form the break of the day to get 15secs on his rivals and win the GC by 1sec.

Great event btw, I crashed out on stage 1, I did climb back on the bike and do the 3km to the finish but ended up in Wexford General for a few hours getting stitched up before getting the all clear. Bike was beyond immediate repair so I couldn't have got back on it to race anyways, and as it turned out my body was also beyond immediate repair! I'll be back next year. Crash was entirely my fault, bad luck in going for my bottle before I hit a big lump in the road and lost control.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭macbane66

Great event Michael , very enjoyable , fair play to yourself and your crew

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MarkG1975

Good tough racing and well run, and a savage victory by young O loughlin, in a very strong field. Decent race for a2 especially today although I didn't know an a2 was in the break, good ride. How did the Spanish lads find it? They were well active that's for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭upthe19th

Thanks Michael and co. Big undertaking and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Diarmuid wrote: »
    Michael, not Martin, but yea

Didn't see him or that break after the first few kilometres, the savages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

And well done to Michael and the rest of Wexford Wheelers on a great weekend's racing

Inquitus wrote: »
    Great event btw, I crashed out on stage 1, I did climb back on the bike and do the 3km to the finish but ended up in Wexford General for a few hours getting stitched up before getting the all clear. Bike was beyond immediate repair so I couldn't have got back on it to race anyways, and as it turned out my body was also beyond immediate repair! I'll be back next year. Crash was entirely my fault, bad luck in going for my bottle before I hit a big lump in the road and lost control.

heard about your crash. glad to hear ur all in one piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

michael196 wrote: »

I don't see any results there for the women's race, Michael.... where are they posted? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 pm78

Excellent race. Thanx

I don't see any results there for the women's race, Michael.... where are they posted? Thanks.

I gave the only copy I had to monica marconi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Well done Michael, enjoyed the weekends racing.

MarkG1975 wrote: »
    Good tough racing and well run, and a savage victory by young O loughlin, in a very strong field. Decent race for a2 especially today although I didn't know an a2 was in the break, good ride. How did the Spanish lads find it? They were well active that's for sure

only one or two speak English !!. Coming down from Dublin airport last Thursday night, they were already talking strategy. Asking about wind, coldness, layers, the cats eyes on the road, full length or shorts. They found the course tough, and they enjoyed the race thoroughly.

Prior to the race they thought stage 3 was flat, however many riders thought so, but discovered that the stage was not so flat once you are on the route. Deceptively a tough stage.

Delighted everyone enjoyed the race, and almost all riders most came home safe and in one piece. Minor hospital visit by Inquitas as a precaution only.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭dermabrasion

Thanks Michael and WW for a great race and event. Will be back next year. Think about a TT that gives the diesels a chance?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

An excellently organised race as usual Michael, you guys are keeping the standard high! Really enjoyed stage 3, was a nice break from the usual short-circuit sort of race. Was almost convinced that the first breakaway of stage 1 could go long until we were swallowed up :(

Advertisement